2017 LG OLED

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just to check, the wall mounting is it fixed mount, or with full swivel function? Wonder on what's in the "standard" package nowadays.

I'll get back to you once the TV arrives next week.
Am not really interested in whatever mount they have to offer once it arrives. I already have a fully mobile arm for my 4K TV which can support the upcoming C7. So yup.

Got the c7 at $2599 with sj4, arm bracket and $100 choice voucher at CWP. So far the best deal i came across.

That is a fantastic deal. Congrats! Nice to know the prices are dropping like grapes.

orangbulu

Reaction score
what kind of contents? sports, seafood? or movie? all different sources

How about movies ? Is it possible to view using android box? Seems that Google play store don't offer 4K movies and I don't intend to get Apple TV or 4K bluray

guanguan

Reaction score
Just my personal review after playing with my c7 for a few days. Note that I may have missed some stuffs and I welcome everyone to add to my opinions.

Setup:LG c7 with LG sj8 via hdmi, connected to pc using a GT1030 graphics card.

On the LG c7
- LG content store feels a bit underwhelming. Only the common apps are there. Netflix, amazon prime, YouTube, plex, and a few others only. Not much interesting stuffs
- the internal speakers are a big let down.
- the hdmi input lag is noticeable in my opinion, unless you change to GAME MODE. If you don't, you will notice your inputs (like keyboards and mouse) will have a noticeable delay in reaction.
-the input ports are on the far left of the tv... Might be abit inconvenient for some people.
-has YouTube casting for devices on same network. Also allows auto switch on from youtube casting from devices on same network

On the sj8
-the maximum volume seems quite high, but I don't dare on to the max if not my neighbour complain.
-the bass however doesn't feels as powerful as what I experience in the showroom. Maybe it's the enclosed showroom that made the diff.
- sj8 has multiple modes of input. Including hdmi, optical, WiFi, Bluetooth and LG tv (I have no idea what is this).
- the WiFi feature can be engaged to enable music casting from any supported device on the same network. Cool feature. I use my ipad to control the sj8 to play radio stations sometime. But it's abit not intuitive. Maybe it's a software issue.
-there is a simple equaliser but not very extensive.
-allows on off together with TV if the sj8 is in ARC mode.

Thank you for your quick rundown. and WTF, you used 55 inch tv for PC gaming? :s13:

Does LG provide TOSlink cable for Optical input/output?
Can you connect LG TV to LG Soundbar wirelessly (Although i dont think is good idea due to frequency loss)?

I think LG TV remote(SIMPLINK) function is LG Sound Sync, Able to control some function of soundbar using tv remote? I read it on manual.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No la. My 65" I connect to pc as a living room media pc. Not for gaming haha.

The TV doesn't come with an optical cable, but the sj8 does. The TV doesn't support wireless sound, but the sj8 can though.

Yes they use simplink which only controls volume and on off basically. To set the mode, equaliser etc you still need sj8 remote control.

Thank you for your quick rundown. and WTF, you used 55 inch tv for PC gaming? :s13:

Does LG provide TOSlink cable for Optical input/output?
Can you connect LG TV to LG Soundbar wirelessly (Although i dont think is good idea due to frequency loss)?

I think LG TV remote(SIMPLINK) function is LG Sound Sync, Able to control some function of soundbar using tv remote? I read it on manual.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Saw the label while repair person replacing panel at my friend place.

OLED panel? I've seen 2 panels, one Mar 2017 one Aug 2017 production date, both are Made in Korea.

guanguan

Reaction score
No la. My 65" I connect to pc as a living room media pc. Not for gaming haha.

The TV doesn't come with an optical cable, but the sj8 does. The TV doesn't support wireless sound, but the sj8 can though.

Yes they use simplink which only controls volume and on off basically. To set the mode, equaliser etc you still need sj8 remote control.

Thank you. My delivery is next month, so no need to buy toslink cable then. Have you tried, HDMI(ARC) vs Optical cable connection? How does it fare?

How you play around the SJ8 settings? What is your settings for movies/tv? (Treble/bass/subwoofer).

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you. My delivery is next month, so no need to buy toslink cable then. Have you tried, HDMI(ARC) vs Optical cable connection? How does it fare?

How you play around the SJ8 settings? What is your settings for movies/tv? (Treble/bass/subwoofer).

nope i havent tried hdmi(arc) vs optical. but i read that the hdmi audio signal is the same, if not better, than the optical quality. besides optical doesnt support ARC, nor simplink. why would you not choose HDMI(ARC) then?

the sj8 sounds is a hit and miss. some shows the bass really comes out, some other shows no matter what you do, the bass never comes out. dunno why. but i max my treble/bass/subwf lor hahah.

Sebbyng

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Went down Bedok Mall BD, quoted this price and boom. Bought myself an LG 55C7 at $2500. =:p

Was also quoted $900 for the LG SJ9 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar which is a terrific deal.

But the problem is, I notice that some of my 4K content use DTS:X which the soundbar will be unable to decode.
Honestly, compared to my Logitech Z906 5.1 surround HTS which was $400+ and THX certified, the Z906 speaker sounds more detailed when I compare the same video demo that they were playing at the demo area of the shop for the SJ9 even though I did not have ceiling speakers.
But I must say, the SJ9 does feel 'whole' like as if you are wrapped in a bubble and sounds coming out around you naturally.

Thanks for the tip. I got the same price @$2,500 (with wall mount). Quoted this price to the salesman. He asked if I got the price from HWZ. He said I am the 4th person from the forum making the purchase.

Installation on Mon

Last edited:

mac7AMG

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I got the same price @$2,500 (with wall mount). Quoted this price to the salesman. He asked if I got the price from HWZ. He said I am the 4th person from the forum making the purchase.

Installation on Mon

Can PM me his contact. Too new to pm

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Can PM me his contact. Too new to pm

You don't really need his contact. Just go down and find a guy in white shirt hanging around the TV area. Confirm will be him. Just approach him and ask about the LG 55C7 and ask if you can buy it at this price. Confirm can. Then if he mentions how you know, just say from Hardwarezone forum.

He did mention stocks only coming on Friday thus why delivery can only start this coming week like on Monday (tomorrow) with mine and the other buyer's delivery date. So since stock is in now, you can get yours quite soon.

Enjoy your purchase if you are planning to make one! :D

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.