HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2017 LG OLED

Like Tree184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #961

u r better off with the built in harman speakers den buying yamaha 107
Thanks for the tip-off about the Yamaha. It would be good if we can try before buy scheme in Singapore.
nsd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #962
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the link to AVSForum. Really good to sort out the motion settings etc. When I watch a Netflix Dolby Vision the brightness is unbelievable. I don't know so many people complain about the lack of brightness - it's plenty.
Actually Only a handful of them complain.. Likely they are blind mouses ..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #963
Supremacy Member

Eh, e6 is the 2016 model, sound is better than c7 , but c7 has a brighter panel.
How to get $3199 with $780 e voucher? My friend paid $3999
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #964

How to get $3199 with $780 e voucher? My friend paid $3999
it's tricky. You can get 780 e-vouchers only after you pay 3,999. unless you already have 780 e-vouchers then you can use this exiting e-voucher to offset the 3,999 price
jirundop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #965
Supremacy Member

it's tricky. You can get 780 e-vouchers only after you pay 3,999. unless you already have 780 e-vouchers then you can use this exiting e-voucher to offset the 3,999 price
The way they advertise is misleading. Audio house as usual. Lol!
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #966

Thanks for the link to AVSForum. Really good to sort out the motion settings etc. When I watch a Netflix Dolby Vision the brightness is unbelievable. I don't know so many people complain about the lack of brightness - it's plenty.
It's not many. It's literally none. Not us actual OLED TV owners but this salesperson trying to increase his sales on none OLED TVs. With the few handful posts that he has, after trying to tell lies to scare potential buyers, he then went around and post LCD TVs that supposedly he got a lot of 'friends' that buy different models here and there at a conveniently same time and then says to PM him on the Harvey Norman salesperson where you can get it from.

Exposed much.
Should literally just ban this desperate salesperson that is only getting monetary gains (commissions) from trying to dissuade potential buyers from buying OLED and persuade them to buy LCD TVs that he conveniently quoted his many friends all buy with details to the Harvey Norman 'salesperson' that looks more likely like it's him.

SALESPERSON EXPOSED

First, discriminate competitor's products with lies.

burn mark is what you get for oled.. who buy tv for black detail?? off your tv then.. no details given yet pay so much for burn mark.. warranty do not include burn in..buy Sony..
Qled is a better deal.. changing even to standard mode is more natural then lg oled. most important my dark details are visible and no burn mark SAME LIKE MY OLD TV(I HAVE PICTURE FOR THAT). changing channels make me piss off with the shadow burn there.. arghhhhh
how much do you save from oled??? lesser power!!! you bath with cold water or u sleep without aircon?? go see reports about burn mark bodoh..is everywhere on tv and phones...god bless ur tv if ya using oled.. praise the lord
you can only pray that your tv dont get burn mark cause is stated Clearly in Lg warranty that burn mark is not covered by warranty. The salesperson shall let you KNOW BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. if he did not let you know about burn mark issue then is something wrong. is the only trust we get from the salesperson. if you bought without him telling you about burn mark issue with oled , he will pray hard that your tv will not get burn mark within 3 years.. after 3 years, you complain also no use by then. Another issue is black detail not visible when movie is dark.. background and object will be flush by the black, no details given

Then, goes around promoting deals for the TVs that he's selling in 3 separate posts back-to-back.

my friend bought 55mu6300 at $1499 with delivery in HN..Do pm me for any groupbuy, i can recommand the salesperson over there ��.
my friend got quoted $4499.. pm me for salesperson
my friend bought it for $2999 just few days ago. if ya interested, do pm me for the salesperson cont..
GBC, wacko, noinimod and 3 others like this.

Last edited by LiLAsN; 14-02-2018 at 07:36 AM..
LiLAsN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #967
Master Member

Hahaha.... Sexposed
duckling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #968
High Supremacy Member

Nice sexposing...
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #969
Arch-Supremacy Member

burn mark is what you get for oled.. who buy tv for black detail?? off your tv then.. no details given yet pay so much for burn mark.. warranty do not include burn in..buy Sony..
My oled tv got a screen saver that turn on auto after 2mins of inactivity so no burn mark
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #970
High Supremacy Member

test Yamaha? why not. there is one at PS

not saying the model u looking at is bad. but it isnt much of an upgrade to the built in, harman kardon speakers. so can save ur dollars.
Thanks for the tip-off about the Yamaha. It would be good if we can try before buy scheme in Singapore.

Last edited by Asakura; 14-02-2018 at 06:50 PM..
Asakura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #971
X15

Guys,
Just bought the LG tv which runs on webOS TV EG9A7T, but I can only open Toggle, not even able to update the rest of the app, may I know whatís wrong with this? Iím using MyRepublic fibre for internet connections. Thanks.
X15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:56 AM   #972

Guys,
Just bought the LG tv which runs on webOS TV EG9A7T, but I can only open Toggle, not even able to update the rest of the app, may I know what’s wrong with this? I’m using MyRepublic fibre for internet connections. Thanks.
Your TV seems to be running a very old version of WebOS 2.0.
Try connecting everything first. They need to verify that you can get Singapore channels.
While you are viewing Live TV such as channel 5, try to click the red button which is usually at the bottom of the remote that has the green, blue and yellow. After a while, it should bring up some TV infos and features. Click on All Videos and you should be in Toggle Red.

Another thing you can do is go to settings and general and try to update your TV. If you find the internet not working on wired, try WiFi.

Once done, go to channel 5 again, then press the home button, go to Toggle (and try to update if need be) and try to see if it launches. If it does not, that means WebOS 2.0, like WebOS 3.0 back in 2016, relies on Toggle Red and not the Toggle app. Only difference being the 2016 TVs with WebOS 3.0 finally can use the Toggle app. But I find the quality with Toggle Red a LOT better than Toggle which uses low resolution all the time. Toggle Red will automatically use a high resolution video when it is available similar to how Toggle on PC internet works.

Only issue with Toggle Red is the slow navigation around the UI since you cannot use the arrow to click anywhere but must depend on 'up,down,left,right keys'.
LiLAsN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #973
X15

I can update Toggel and able to launch the app, not for the rest of the apps tho. I tried to update the webos but the system prompted no update available. Tried to use my phone hotspot but still the same. Wifi is definitely working because I can view tv via android box.

Your TV seems to be running a very old version of WebOS 2.0.
Try connecting everything first. They need to verify that you can get Singapore channels.
While you are viewing Live TV such as channel 5, try to click the red button which is usually at the bottom of the remote that has the green, blue and yellow. After a while, it should bring up some TV infos and features. Click on All Videos and you should be in Toggle Red.

Another thing you can do is go to settings and general and try to update your TV. If you find the internet not working on wired, try WiFi.

Once done, go to channel 5 again, then press the home button, go to Toggle (and try to update if need be) and try to see if it launches. If it does not, that means WebOS 2.0, like WebOS 3.0 back in 2016, relies on Toggle Red and not the Toggle app. Only difference being the 2016 TVs with WebOS 3.0 finally can use the Toggle app. But I find the quality with Toggle Red a LOT better than Toggle which uses low resolution all the time. Toggle Red will automatically use a high resolution video when it is available similar to how Toggle on PC internet works.

Only issue with Toggle Red is the slow navigation around the UI since you cannot use the arrow to click anywhere but must depend on 'up,down,left,right keys'.
X15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #974
Arch-Supremacy Member

I can update Toggel and able to launch the app, not for the rest of the apps tho. I tried to update the webos but the system prompted no update available. Tried to use my phone hotspot but still the same. Wifi is definitely working because I can view tv via android box.
your tv model is stuck with webOS2.0, can't be updated.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #975

hey guys, my tv at home going to uplorry soon and I'm looking at getting the lg c7.

Anyone knows what is the best deal currently at where to get it from? Thanks!
dualshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.