Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Like Tree200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #16

65ku6500 around $2899 with $150 voucher
Pl8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #17

Hi for LG webos which site to watch hk drama for chinese...icdrama only got canto.

streamstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #18

hi all,

is it a good time to buy TV now? or should wait for a 1-2 more months for all the new models that were announce last month to be made available to the market?
jayjay0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #19

hi all,

is it a good time to buy TV now? or should wait for a 1-2 more months for all the new models that were announce last month to be made available to the market?
Waiting for 65" led to drop to $1500
skpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #20

hi all,

Perhaps you have to wait afew months. Now the models you see out there are all 2016 mid year models, whether is it LG, Samsung or Sony.

But if thinking if price, you can buy the 2016 if 2017 models arrive. It will be cheaper.

Anyway now TV technology, just like mobile phones, reaching its peak, nothing really new to add on. What is new maybe its the panel and the colours
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:26 PM   #21

Check before you buy

Just bought a Samsung 65" UHD flatscreen TV. Didn't really check out the spec. before I bought as I thought things like wifi, bluetooth, etc. should be standard nowadays. Wrong.

The wifi portion is OK - lucky.

This TV is not compatible with a normal BT keyboard. Navigating around using the "smart remote" is NOT SMART at all. It is simply dump stupid. It is only compatible with the original Samsung keyboard or a Logitech one.

Then for online games, how do you play it with the "smart remote"? So, you need an external gamepad right? Sorry, it is not compatible, at all.

Therefore, this TV is now resort to be just a gigantic 65 inches TV monitor where I mirror the image from my mobile phone.

Samsung so "clever", right? This is the dumpest design of TV on earth these days .....
eip1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
Master Member

Just bought a Samsung 65" UHD flatscreen TV. Didn't really check out the spec. before I bought as I thought things like wifi, bluetooth, etc. should be standard nowadays. Wrong.

This TV is not compatible with a normal BT keyboard. Navigating around using the "smart remote" is NOT SMART at all. It is simply dump stupid. It is only compatible with the original Samsung keyboard or a Logitech one.

Then for online games, how do you play it with the "smart remote"? So, you need an external gamepad right? Sorry, it is not compatible, at all.

Therefore, this TV is now resort to be just a gigantic 65 inches TV monitor where I mirror the image from my mobile phone.

Samsung so "clever", right? This is the dumpest design of TV on earth these days .....
Smart TVs are not smart as all. These smart Tv from samsung and lg are using their rare OS, very hard to find apps or accessories. Buy them only if you are happy with the few bundled apps, such as youtube, netflix.

The latest trend is Android TV. Philip, Sony and many other brands are adopting it. It can run most of the android apps and accessories.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #23

there is a remote app for samsung smart tv, you can use it to control.
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

How much you pay for it?
tankgunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #25

Just bought a 55" LG OLED and noticed that the TV does not able to detect Bluetooth headphone. I understand from some forums saying that LG TV does not support other brand of wireless, except LG.

Is this correct ?

Pls share.
zoomzoom5535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #26

Amazon US is offering a Samsung 55" KS8000 for US$1,300 which converts to S$1,850. It's easily a $1000 cheaper than a Samsung 55" KS7000 offered in Singapore and has better specs (better local dimming for instance). Is there any good reason not to buy from Amazon US and ship it here? I'm certain the ship costs is way below the price difference.
alderbaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

Amazon US is offering a Samsung 55" KS8000 for US$1,300 which converts to S$1,850. It's easily a $1000 cheaper than a Samsung 55" KS7000 offered in Singapore and has better specs (better local dimming for instance). Is there any good reason not to buy from Amazon US and ship it here? I'm certain the ship costs is way below the price difference.
Don't forget the 7% GST as well. Other than the warranty, buying from Amazon is a better choice.

Audiology93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #28
High Supremacy Member

the voltage is different, need a transformer.

plus no warranty compared to local 3yrs warranty.
hwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #29
Master Member

the voltage is different, need a transformer.

plus no warranty compared to local 3yrs warranty.
Most of the tv now are using universal power supply. So anything between 100-240v , 50 or 60 Hz are fine.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #30

Most of the tv now are using universal power supply. So anything between 100-240v , 50 or 60 Hz are fine.
Keeping this, in case the buyer blows his TV and has to claim from you ...
Unless you can be sure, let's avoid generalisations.
Most large TVs are not actually universal voltage, especially the ones that are sold in USA.
See the sticky for more info.

Cheers

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2016/0...arch-2016.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.