55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

produde1999

Master Member
Reaction score
"3. I have seen their QLED screens and I was blown away by the picture quality and felt it comes as close as it can to OLED"

QLED is worse and more expensive than OLED.
you might as well buy LG OLED for that price, unless you die die like the samsung design and OS.
Depends. Some people does not regard black level as part of picture quality, especially anime watchers in bright room.

Although it definitely does but ya.

Last edited:

Omantay

Reaction score
saw the price at Tampines One GC Grand Opening sales , it’s seems better cos you are not tied up by package or bundle deal , just want to buy tv alone ( for my case )

Hi All, anyone has got feedbacks with regards to 55" Samsung 55q8c (2017) model? I saw it at gain city last week and was quite mesmerized by it in terms of the design, image quality and the smart remote. It was going at $2999 (BTO group buy event price)..

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been reading through this thread.....
The more i read the more i look around...the more confused I get.....

Looking for a 55-65" TV ....about S$2.5K budget.....
OLED is out of the picture till they manage to sort out the burning in issue...

So far found a pretty good offer for Samsung 55Q7F(2017 model)
But got some bad reviews about the NAV panel.....

LG TVs seems to be either cheap and low end to extreme high end....
Sony also the same plus the reception for the Android OS seems pretty negative....anyway i got an android box already.

Any suggestions??? Should I get a better PQ 55" or an entry 65"???

I know that QLED is not OLED....but so far it seems to offer the closest reproduction from what i had seen in the showrooms.

Bought my LG entry level 4K 65" UJ632T $2099 from HN. With free bracket, delivery and installation.

I not looking for super eye candy so basic 4K 65" is good enough for me. Plus, WebOS3.5 is snappy and the LG magic remote is really easy to use.

Slinky85

Reaction score
saw the price at Tampines One GC Grand Opening sales , it’s seems better cos you are not tied up by package or bundle deal , just want to buy tv alone ( for my case )

How much was it?
I was there to purchase aircon, but becos there are rebates when you get aircon so we decided to look for something else to get too. Just not sure if i'm overpaying for 55q8c at $2999 before rebate. Anyone else saw better prices?

Thanks!

yellowtang67

Reaction score
Was quoted $2400 for the LG LG 65SK7500 display set. Seriously thinking of getting it. Any thoughts from you guys?

agent3

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY LG TVs. THEIR PRODUCT SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE.

DO NOT BUY LG TVs. THEIR PRODUCT SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE. Their TV get damaged easily and they charge for repairs even though it is under warranty.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DO NOT BUY LG TVs. THEIR PRODUCT SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE. Their TV get damaged easily and they charge for repairs even though it is under warranty.

Not true leh. Mine, the remote sensor was spoiled. The volume will auto shoot up to 100%. I call their hotline, 2 days later 2 guys from LG came down to change FOC. I’m just sharing. Btw, my model is something 65” SJ850T. So far after changing that remote sensor, everything was good till now. I have no regrets getting LG tv cos I feel the screen colour is not as over brightness than Samsung. My parent Samsung tv, I feel a bit stress on my eyes after watching for some time.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to courts megastore & the guy said they would have the 2018 models on display tomoro. 55” Q7 i think he said was $37xx.

Cant decide between 55” QLED & sony LED leh. OLED is out cos sony & the new LG way above budget.

Pl8888

Reaction score
Sony 55"x9000F Myp promo @ $2899

Went to courts megastore & the guy said they would have the 2018 models on display tomoro. 55” Q7 i think he said was $37xx.

Cant decide between 55” QLED & sony LED leh. OLED is out cos sony & the new LG way above budget.

phiber

Master Member
Reaction score

Just your personal experience..I have got my 5 Year old LG TV motherboard and power supply replaced by LG at a very good price even though the unit is out of warranty.

I bought another 49Sj850 last Nov and my 65sk8500 is on the way.. I have 3 LG TVs in my place..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.