Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

65" Best tv offer

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
High Supremacy Member

The LG UJ750 refresh rate is 50hz nia?
Found the Samsung Mu6300 has 120hz.

Last edited by ngensys2000; 28-09-2017 at 09:15 AM..
ngensys2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Yes. The remaining weakness for OLED now is HDR brightness and motion processing. But this is mostly nitpicking as they are very good in this generation already. LG have already managed to get the OLED panel life to 60000hr, which means it will last at least 6+ years.

This year is not a bad year to upgrade to OLED. And next year will even be better. But with that argument, buyers will have to wait forever.

LED TVs won't be going away. Clearly many are attracted by the lower cost bigger size advantages. Also, LG is in everyone's radar. Just not me.

I've owned 3 top end Panasonic plasmas and 2 top end LCD TVs (One is Sony). I can't bring myself to buy another LED TV anymore, except for one..

Except for the display set I bought, they last about 8 years of good use.
So I don't really understand why people can change their TV every 3-4 years.
Haha yah i just bought the Panasonic TH58DX700s and i just love this TV even when comparing with all the oled TVs this year.

LG is very popular now due to their affordability and first to come with oled to the mainstream. I particularly love their webos interface as it's very polished and user friendly.

However when it comes to motion processing for fta local channels and 4k upscaling it's significant inferior to the Japanese. It's very noticeable as i view in many shops compared to Panasonic and Sony which i feel are kings in motion processing. I for one am very particular in this area as i view mainly local digital TV and YouTube videos and 1080p movie files stored in usb.

I feel the Japs have nailed it elegantly and made videos very natural looking.
Panasonic in particular have an obsession with making movies with the most accurate colours liaising with THX. In true cinema mode the colour and picture quality is astounding, even for mid range models. This for one made me give my money to them. It's just a real pity that Panasonic is not popular among sinkies. I seldom see Panasonic tv on display anymore.

Samsung has way too much artificial motion processing to make me even consider them. Within minutes of watching Samsung tv i get a migraine headache. Even when i request to turn off all the processing the video in shops still look very artificial. And they are overly bright.

Haha my honest opinions. Hopefully TS don't get too confused with all these jargons.

Last edited by FinalTidus; 28-09-2017 at 09:05 AM..
FinalTidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

... And yes LED LCD in general is still brighter than OLED...
no they are not. today, only the Samsung QLEDs, and Sony X90 and above models are brighter than OLEDs.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #19

The most important isn't brightness unless you watch at high noon all the time..
Contrast and black levels matter more.
That's where LCD/LED falls flat compared to plasma and OLED.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2016/0...arch-2016.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #20
High Supremacy Member

Was going to hoot the UJ750T but noticed the refresh rate is 50Hz only.
Going to be issue with PS4 games, sports or movies?
ngensys2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #21

Haha yah i just bought the Panasonic
However when it comes to motion processing for fta local channels and 4k upscaling it's significant inferior to the Japanese. It's very noticeable as i view in many shops compared to Panasonic and Sony which i feel are kings in motion processing. I for one am very particular in this area as i view mainly local digital TV and YouTube videos and 1080p movie files stored in usb.

I feel the Japs have nailed it elegantly and made videos very natural looking.
Panasonic in particular have an obsession with making movies with the most accurate colours liaising with THX. In true cinema mode the colour and picture quality is astounding, even for mid range models. This for one made me give my money to them. It's just a real pity that Panasonic is not popular among sinkies. I seldom see Panasonic tv on display anymore.

Samsung has way too much artificial motion processing to make me even consider them. Within minutes of watching Samsung tv i get a migraine headache. Even when i request to turn off all the processing the video in shops still look very artificial. And they are overly bright.

Haha my honest opinions. Hopefully TS don't get too confused with all these jargons.
Very perceptive. Both Sony and Panasonic have been working on digital video processing for more than 20 years. It shows.
To share a little without reveal too much, and giving respect to Panasonic, I had the honour to work with Panasonic video chip division in Japan more than 10 years ago.
These talented and dedicated people are uncompromising in making the best pictures at the cost that can be afforded. And this was even before Samsung and LG came into picture.
I vaguely remember looking at the documentation (in Japanese) detailing the various complex algorithms for video processing. The tips for consumers is that if you want the best video processing from them, get their TVs with the latest video chips inside.

Sony clearly does this very well too. But if you noticed. Their products are generally pricier. And that's because they are non compromising too. They have a habit of using expensive hardware in their products to get the best results.
kmchow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #22

Bought lg 4k 55 inch. Enjoying the screen everynight. Should have bought 65 inch
OneZeroEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #23

Was going to hoot the UJ750T but noticed the refresh rate is 50Hz only.
Going to be issue with PS4 games, sports or movies?
Not sure about that..but I dont have an issue with my uj750 and ps4...
axyeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #24

I just saw 55" Panasonic EX640 4k lcd tv at courts listed at $1399. Is it a good enough?
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #25
Supremacy Member

Cheapest 65" 4K TV for LG should be the 632T model. Entry level model but don't complain lah. Lowest maybe close to $2100-2200.
straweffigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #26
High Supremacy Member

Very perceptive. Both Sony and Panasonic have been working on digital video processing for more than 20 years. It shows.
To share a little without reveal too much, and giving respect to Panasonic, I had the honour to work with Panasonic video chip division in Japan more than 10 years ago.
These talented and dedicated people are uncompromising in making the best pictures at the cost that can be afforded. And this was even before Samsung and LG came into picture.
I vaguely remember looking at the documentation (in Japanese) detailing the various complex algorithms for video processing. The tips for consumers is that if you want the best video processing from them, get their TVs with the latest video chips inside.

Sony clearly does this very well too. But if you noticed. Their products are generally pricier. And that's because they are non compromising too. They have a habit of using expensive hardware in their products to get the best results.
Awesome. I will have loved to see how talented the video processing department of Sony and Panasonic is and their work.

I feel that the Japanese may be slower than the Koreans in adopting features in tv. Like adding additional hdmi ports or connection ports like dvi or displayport, smart TV features, able to play multiple video and audio codecs, refining the smart user interface. But when they finally do implement them they do so very elegantly and tightly integrated to the tv functionality.

Overall i guess it's what the user wants out of the tv.
FinalTidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #27
Supremacy Member

Samsung UA-65MU6300 (curved screen). Got it for around 2.3-2.4k a month plus ago from Mega in Kallang during a Samsung roadshow minus all the freebies
Gymrat76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #28

Cheapest 65" 4K TV for LG should be the 632T model. Entry level model but don't complain lah. Lowest maybe close to $2100-2200.
Remember size isn't everything. You will be staring at this screen for the next few years, so get a good one - buy the best you can afford.

Old 28-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Remember size isn't everything. You will be staring at this screen for the next few years, so get a good one - buy the best you can afford.
Everyone's needs is different. Same with budget. So nothing wrong with going for a basic 4K 65" screen.
straweffigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #30

Everyone's needs is different. Same with budget. So nothing wrong with going for a basic 4K 65" screen.
Yes you can.
But if in a year, you can't stand that screen, it won't fetch even half the price you paid. Not only that, trying to get rid of it is a huge hassle.
So get the best your budget allows. I didn't say, get the best screen at all costs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.