HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

65" Best tv offer

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2017, 02:30 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

If yr budget is 2.8k get oled.. Led picture quality is too shitty to compare with OLED... Go shop and compare.. Coming from a ex plasma user I can't stand led LCD TV.. No doubt I can compromise if my budget is lower.. Below 1k I get led LCD 4k 55inch..budget 2k I get 65inch 4k led LCD.. Anything above 2k I would get oled.. In fact I regret getting 55inch oled.. Should have wack 65inch oled.. I got no budget just dun want to spent above 3k initially.. But I know I will even regret more if I get led LCD TV.... It's too shitty to begin with.. Lol
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

Oled pitch black is to die for.. Go shop ask them open YouTube search for Japan 4k fireworks.. Watch using LCD led and Oled.. Compare yrself.. U will know why led LCD is sh1t
Old 28-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

And dun give the stupid reason oled not bright enough.. At anything above 70 oled brightness in bright room I can't stand the brightness.. Too sharp.. For hdr content I left to 90 to maximize the effect.. Dun listen to me alone go shop ask them adjust oled brightness for u to see.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

Imagine this 65inch LCD led TV... U need to seat dead center to get the so call best PQ.. Shift abit to the top or bottom or the sides.. Lol.. Wash out image.. Oled got no this problem.. So even if u buy 65inch LCD led.. Or even 100inch ok.. Only the center ppl got to enjoy.. And even so the PQ is still sub par compare to OLED... Unless u want to get a TV for the seek of a TV.. Want to get 65 for the seek of the size... And dun care abt quality.. Then pls carry on is yr money anyway.. Lol

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 28-09-2017 at 03:05 PM..
Old 28-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

Yes you can.
But if in a year, you can't stand that screen, it won't fetch even half the price you paid. Not only that, trying to get rid of it is a huge hassle.
So get the best your budget allows. I didn't say, get the best screen at all costs.
For what people pay for it, can't complain. No right or wrong. Some people don't consider as much as what you've listed. Some of things you've listed don't bother them.

The rate technology is moving, everything is obsolete within 6 months to a year.
straweffigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #36

For what people pay for it, can't complain. No right or wrong. Some people don't consider as much as what you've listed. Some of things you've listed don't bother them.

The rate technology is moving, everything is obsolete within 6 months to a year.
Which is why we have this forum here to help people make better decisions.
Nakedtoes just happen to be very passionate about this.

That said, some people budget ~$1.5K or $2.5k for a TV.
The general wisdom is to:
1) Get as big a TV as possible
2) Don't buy display set (salesman will use all sorts of tricks to entice you)
3) Don't go for the cheapest (when it is too cheap, it might be too good to be true)

Between a TV that is $1200, and a more expensive brand/model at $1700. The difference is $500. This sounds like a lot until you try to amortize (spread the cost) over 3-5 years. Let's just use 4 years.
So it costs additional $125 per year or $11 extra per month.
That's like a Japanese bento set meal, or a subway meal for 1.5 persons per month.
In other words, it's worth spending a little more. That TV can and should last 5 years. (otherwise, avoid that brand) (unfortunately, we can't avoid using MRT)

The same can't be said for a smart phone. The telephone bills and the yearly upgrades cost way more.
kmchow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 06:17 PM   #37

We can't help everyone.
Some will always buy the cheapest despite our best efforts to explain why it's not a good idea.
That's why there are always different TVs for different budgets.
When they bring it home and suffer buyers' remorse right then, well, they can't say they didn't read it in HWZ

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2016/0...arch-2016.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Which is why we have this forum here to help people make better decisions.
Nakedtoes just happen to be very passionate about this.

That said, some people budget ~$1.5K or $2.5k for a TV.
The general wisdom is to:
1) Get as big a TV as possible
2) Don't buy display set (salesman will use all sorts of tricks to entice you)
3) Don't go for the cheapest (when it is too cheap, it might be too good to be true)

Between a TV that is $1200, and a more expensive brand/model at $1700. The difference is $500. This sounds like a lot until you try to amortize (spread the cost) over 3-5 years. Let's just use 4 years.
So it costs additional $125 per year or $11 extra per month.
That's like a Japanese bento set meal, or a subway meal for 1.5 persons per month.
In other words, it's worth spending a little more. That TV can and should last 5 years. (otherwise, avoid that brand) (unfortunately, we can't avoid using MRT)

The same can't be said for a smart phone. The telephone bills and the yearly upgrades cost way more.
I agree forums are for that purchase: sharing of info so to make better purchases. But name callings or shaming others etc because someone else bought a lesser / cheaper product.. isn't called for. You don't have to make others feel bad about their purchases.

Understand that everyone have different buying behaviour, process, check list.. respect that. Passionate or not, I call that being a d1ck.. esp after one try to be sarcastic then wriggle its way out by trying to be nice & sugar coat things (not you).

Just because someone is v much into such tech gadget audio visual stuffs doesn't mean everyone must do the same.
straweffigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #39

Just now i saw a Sharp LC-60UA440X 60inch 4k tv and it was only about $1.5k. Surprised the blacks looked damn black and youtube 4k video looked impressive. What do u guys think of Sharp brand?
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #40

I agree forums are for that purchase: sharing of info so to make better purchases. But name callings or shaming others etc because someone else bought a lesser / cheaper product.. isn't called for. You don't have to make others feel bad about their purchases.

Understand that everyone have different buying behaviour, process, check list.. respect that. Passionate or not, I call that being a d1ck.. esp after one try to be sarcastic then wriggle its way out by trying to be nice & sugar coat things (not you).

Just because someone is v much into such tech gadget audio visual stuffs doesn't mean everyone must do the same.
Chill Alll...

It is just a TV matter..LoLzzz...
axyeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #41
High Supremacy Member

Just now i saw a Sharp LC-60UA440X 60inch 4k tv and it was only about $1.5k. Surprised the blacks looked damn black and youtube 4k video looked impressive. What do u guys think of Sharp brand?
isst from giant or NTUC express?? They are big players last time... their tv last also.. but PQ i know is so so.. a pitty see toshiba, Sharp selling alongwide skyworth, akira...etc
Old 28-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #42

I saw it at BD Taka with a Exclusive label.
Old 28-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #43
High Supremacy Member

I saw it at BD Taka with a Exclusive label.
Oh nice... wonder hows their warranty like... I would go gaint and NTUC to see the same model selling how much there... i remember the price there is dirt cheap..
Old 28-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #44

I just thought of something... i think the Sharp model was looked very good with 4k video on youtube but HD or lesser source looked quite obviously pixelated.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #45
High Supremacy Member

I just thought of something... i think the Sharp model was looked very good with 4k video on youtube but HD or lesser source looked quite obviously pixelated.
copy some full HD clips and some true black clips into the thumbdrive and try... also ask them switch to local channel for u to see.. compare with OLED also if u free
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.