HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can you guys receive digital DVB-T2 Malaysia channels?

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #16

Can I know the frequency & channels available? Thanks.
Already answered above in Post #12 & 13 of this thread...

All Malaysian channels are in the same frequency. Scan that frequency, it's able to either find all or none.
Maverick_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #17

I think I should give my own input. Since I live in a HDB at the lower floors in the East, I can say that Funke DSC-550's 40KM radius can't get me any Malaysia or Indonesian channels.

Then, I went with another person's suggestion to buy the 50 mile (80km radius) antenna from Amazon. The 1byone Amplified Antenna. It too did not get me any Malaysian and/or Indonesian channels.

It clearly seems to be based on your location as well as if there are any obstructions in that area.

So here's my 2 cents having wasted my own money on these 2 antennas.
Amazon's return policy is top notch. Harvey Norman's where I bought the Funke antenna, not so much. Did not even reply to my return request.
ketua likes this.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #18
Master Member

I think I should give my own input. Since I live in a HDB at the lower floors in the East, I can say that Funke DSC-550's 40KM radius can't get me any Malaysia or Indonesian channels.

Then, I went with another person's suggestion to buy the 50 mile (80km radius) antenna from Amazon. The 1byone Amplified Antenna. It too did not get me any Malaysian and/or Indonesian channels.

It clearly seems to be based on your location as well as if there are any obstructions in that area.

Amazon's return policy is top notch. Harvey Norman's where I bought the Funke antenna, not so much. Did not even reply to my return request.
Huh you stay at the bottom of Singapore, furthermore in the east......surely you didn't expect to receive msia DVB-T2 signals?
ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #19
Master Member

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If you are still keen to experiment (they will have HD transmission eventually), you can try with outdoor antenna, as the malaysian digital tv transmission is on outdoor reception mode.

For Funke, they have some nice looking outdoor antennae. You will have better chance if it can be positioned facing north.

Google "outdoor tv antenna" and you will find a wide range of selection.
LiLAsN likes this.
mrsun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #20

Already answered above in Post #12 & 13 of this thread...

All Malaysian channels are in the same frequency. Scan that frequency, it's able to either find all or none.
Can't find any at tat freq no choice only got few sg channels to watch
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #21

Huh you stay at the bottom of Singapore, furthermore in the east......surely you didn't expect to receive msia DVB-T2 signals?
East does not mean South. Not the bottom of Singapore. In the middle and closer to the right side of Malaysia as well as Batam which is below Singapore.

My experience paints a more realistic picture for most who lives in a HDB estate as opposed to living in low lying areas like our Seletar Hills guy now wouldn't it?

LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #22
High Supremacy Member

Staying boon lay my new TV can receive malaysian channels too... but sometime cannot get signal
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #23

Staying boon lay my new TV can receive malaysian channels too... but sometime cannot get signal
can receive too, put need put my antenna out especially im at low floor. Able to receive malaysia digital tv channels
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #24

anyone succeeded to get Malaysia channel using better antenna?any recommendations for outdoor antenna...having issue too to get any Malaysia channel
xtractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.