Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
What is your tuner setting for Lifetime? I couldn't get it available over direct DVB-C connection on Samsung TV.

it's on 522Mhz, Symbolrate: 6875 Ks/s, Modulation: QAM 256~ the channel name is Ch154~ i didn't specifically input those details, i just scan free channels & i got it~ :s22:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's on 522Mhz, Symbolrate: 6875 Ks/s, Modulation: QAM 256~ the channel name is Ch154~ i didn't specifically input those details, i just scan free channels & i got it~ :s22:
I only get these scrambled channels... :(

BabyFirst
Fox Sports 3
The Indonesia Channel
ZooMoo

Starushz

Reaction score
What does it mean when I can receive all the dvb-t channels but not the dvb-t2 channels. Im in sengkang and using the margon 5.1 antenna. My tv is the samsung f8000

b00mxer

Reaction score
What does it mean when I can receive all the dvb-t channels but not the dvb-t2 channels. Im in sengkang and using the margon 5.1 antenna. My tv is the samsung f8000

Simply means your TV don't support T2?

Starushz

Reaction score
Any kind soul can give me a screenshot of their tuner wetting in the extended service menu? Might have inevitably changed it which probing the menu

Starushz

Reaction score
Managed to get all the mediacorp stations some more at 100% strength. All I did was reposition the antenna. Crisp clear images. The margon 5.1 is damn good. My house even haave difficulty in getting good mobile signals

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any alternative to indoor antenna? I'll assume the reception will be affected by many variables hence the signal might not be that good?

And also if there's more than 1 TV, multiple indoor antenna will be required?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is there any alternative to indoor antenna? I'll assume the reception will be affected by many variables hence the signal might not be that good?

And also if there's more than 1 TV, multiple indoor antenna will be required?

If u have not bought the DVB-T2 receiver yet, then consider buying a DVB-C receiver. Then u can just plug into the StarHub antenna point and not have to worry about indoor antenna. :o

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u have not bought the DVB-T2 receiver yet, then consider buying a DVB-C receiver. Then u can just plug into the StarHub antenna point and not have to worry about indoor antenna. :o
How does this DVB-C receiver works like it converts analog signal from the SCV point into digital signal? Also one is needed for each cable point and/or one tv?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How does this DVB-C receiver works like it converts analog signal from the SCV point into digital signal? Also one is needed for each cable point and/or one tv?

No.... it doesn't convert. The signals in the SCV point are already DVB-C. The MediaCorp free channels are unencrypted, while the StarHub subscription-only channels are encrypted. Thus u can use a DVB-C receiver to receive the unencrypted channels.

While technically it isn't needed for one TV to have one receiver, it is probably better to have one receiver for each TV. U wouldn't want all the TVs to be showing the same channel from a single receiver rite?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No.... it doesn't convert. The signals in the SCV point are already DVB-C. The MediaCorp free channels are unencrypted, while the StarHub subscription-only channels are encrypted. Thus u can use a DVB-C receiver to receive the unencrypted channels.

While technically it isn't needed for one TV to have one receiver, it is probably better to have one receiver for each TV. U wouldn't want all the TVs to be showing the same channel from a single receiver rite?
Oh right. So one point one receiver would be better since "usually" one point one tv?

Anyway what's the reason why only getting "DVB-T2 set-top box bundled with an indoor antenna" is the recommended option and no mention of this DVB-C receiver?

kapitansg

Reaction score

Just found an old cable HD set top box in my storeroom and on a hunch just hooked it up to my Samsung TV.. and it does works. You can see the unencrypted Mediacorp free to air SD & HD channels.

On thing is that you get the message banner from Starhub telling you that the platform is slowly been decommissioned and will be outdated soon...since it was an old set top box.

This was before I read about your post regarding buying a DVB-C set top box. Well, so if this old set top box doesn't work anymore, I guess I have to buy a replacement DVB-C set top box. Agreed that it is a cleaner setup without the extra antenna. But then you are limited to just local HD channels.

Windowlover

Reaction score

This channel is also free as I scan only standard channel avialable.
Can set manually ?

b00mxer

Reaction score
hmm.. guess the free preview is not available to over-the-air dvb-t2 users yah.. :(

Note that users may need the starhub box to tune in to the preview. These channs may be encrypted still.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Note that users may need the starhub box to tune in to the preview. These channs may be encrypted still.

Yah... only MediaCorp free-to-air channels and some selected free StarHub channels are unencrypted. The rest of the channels, even if it's under free preview for CNY, may still be encrypted and need a StarHub set top box.

b00mxer

Reaction score
Just realised almost all prime time shows are available in both chinese and English subtitles when selected on ch5/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.