Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The implementation of dvb-t2 is different from the transmission in the past.

Last time there is only one big transmitter at bukit batok, therefore high floor better chance to receive.

Now MDA planted many small transmitters everywhere, especially in hdb estates, if your house is near these transmitters, even ground floor also can receive very well indoor.

Not true. Even some road show of DBVT2 also mention it depend on area. There may be blind spot around. My place at East. No way to get signal unless antenna is at or near windows. The signal does not go thru wall very well.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true. Even some road show of DBVT2 also mention it depend on area. There may be blind spot around. My place at East. No way to get signal unless antenna is at or near windows. The signal does not go thru wall very well.

There are blind spots, MDA is not going to give 100% coverage. But the blind spot could be at high floor.

The quality of reception depends on where the nearest basestation is located, nothing to do with "east" "west" or "central".

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are blind spots, MDA is not going to give 100% coverage. But the blind spot could be at high floor.

The quality of reception depends on where the nearest basestation is located, nothing to do with "east" "west" or "central".

So it can never be 99% too.
Hope it do not end up like DVBT implementation with those bus and ended with a dead project. (at that time, they blame it to Singapore has too many tall building - but it seem Hong Kong till now is working fine).

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, with our without digital tv still need to get an antenna de ah? Quite mafan and ugly leh... :( I don't recall the sales pax at the electronic shops telling me to take note of antenna sia. Thanks for the info man.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

Most house should have Starhub cable point wired. You can get free channel from there without antenna till they sunset it by next year.

Agreed that every TV with a external antenna is quite ugly. Especially if you need to wire it to somewhere near the window. If your handphone only work when it is near the window. I am sure it will be kind of funny.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Guys ask u all

Today i try my tunner

1# I got Ch 5 HD . But it state not available

then at 11# I got Ch 5 SD (non HD ok can watch)

12# I got Ch 5 HD again . Got image but no sound

Is it normal ?

Is your tuner DVB-T2 ready?

Can you receive digital Okto, Ch U, Suria and Vasantham channels? It seems to me that you are receiving only programs from Ch 38 (DVB-T) channel. Reception for this channel is terrible and will be phased out once DVB-T2 is fully rolled out.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I am staying at tampines East and I tired to search for channels but there is only a test channel. Is it normal?

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Safer to get a active one. Not expensive if get from web. Staying at level 5. Nearby building up to level 8. Still need active antenna near window to get good reception.

Yeah i understand but no harm spending $1-2 DIYing one. If it really works, maker benefits. If not, just move on and get an active antenna. And this also tells maker how well the reception is in his/her area.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah i understand but no harm spending $1-2 DIYing one. If it really works, maker benefits. If not, just move on and get an active antenna. And this also tells maker how well the reception is in his/her area.

$1-2 can buy a passive dvb t antenna from ebay, worthwhile to try. Good active antenna is expensive, those cheaper active antenna might give other problems.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$1-2 can buy a passive dvb t antenna from ebay, worthwhile to try. Good active antenna is expensive, those cheaper active antenna might give other problems.

Just get Funkie 5.1 and it is cheap at $59. A simple lunch will cost around $60. It has no problem.

ideatalk

Reaction score
Sinho is a local Singapore registered business? Or a China based seller?

anyone know whether the DVB T2 receiver by K2 can do recording? specs wrote got PVR..not sure if this means personal video recording?

dreamboxjb

Reaction score
nowadays is much rousing... more channels of DVB-T2 were stable in my house :s13::s13::s13::s13:

ch5
ch8
chu
okto
vas
suria
cna

tv1
tv2
tv3
ntv7
8tv
tv9
alhijrah
bnc
tvi

tvri
nusantara tv

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, what is active or passive? My antenna has a plug for me to plug into socket, that is active antenna? However, i disconnect that plug and just use 1 cable to connect to tv and it still works. So this is consider passive antenna setup?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, what is active or passive? My antenna has a plug for me to plug into socket, that is active antenna? However, i disconnect that plug and just use 1 cable to connect to tv and it still works. So this is consider passive antenna setup?

yes, you can sell away your active antenna and replace it by a $2 passive antenna.

The $2 antenna might work better compared to your active antenna without power. But the signal in your house is strong enough, so still can recieve properly with your unpowered active antenna.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which DVB T2 receiver model can do recording? Where to buy and what price?

Most STB can do recording (PVR) but some have copy protection, ie. recorded video can only be played on the device itself not PC.

As to where and pricing, it depend on your budget. Branded one can cost $80 to over $100 and can be found in most retailers like Courts, HN or NTUC Xtra. Cheapo one costing around $20 can be found in Qoo10, Lazada or Aliexpress (Tabao).

mech

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to tune to Malaysia digital channels? My Tv auto scan only received local channels. My area is woodlands.thks.

coppermine

Master Member
Reaction score
vJCiZfc.jpg

The US$1.99 small antena from ebay works for receiving digital TV channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.