HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Like Tree308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #151
Supremacy Member

Some STB supply 5v directly on the antenna socket. So there is no need for a additional power supply or USB port. So check the antenna type carefully. Those antenna get supply from antenna socket cannot be use for TV.
I'm well aware of the former. As for the latter, there is such a device called power-inserter that connect between the antenna and TV, and tap power from either TV USB port or external power adapter.
albertlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #152
Supremacy Member

I am using the Akira set and I had to use the USB port as well like in the blog post. Otherwise zero signal. I as well live on lower floors.

But regarding the active and passive antenna, what's the difference? Stronger signal?

Most of the antenna I saw at say Sim Lim square comes without separate power.
Active antenna come with additional signal amplifier to boost weak signal.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #153

I bought the K2 DVB-T2 box from Q10:

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/NEW-K2-PLU...-NEW/425687059

Any idea where I can find the latest firmware update?

Thanks in advance.
What's your current version?
The System Info is:
Model: GHANA
SW Version: 20150312V4.0
HW Version: 7T01836650

For this version, I cannot find Singapore under the Country list in the setup screen. (Note: I have seen similar screens shots where Singapore is shown in this screen).

To overcome the above when auto-tuning the TV, I just select Malaysia or Ghana and it will tune to the MediaCorp HD channels.

So, does anyone know where I can find the latest firmware for the K2 STB which uses the Mstar MSD7T01 chipset?
LauHiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #154

I got this K2 software/firmware back in May 2016. Download the bin file into USB drive and follow the instructions attached accordingly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8smdja...2-software.zip
honestguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #155
Supremacy Member

I got this K2 software/firmware back in May 2016. Download the bin file into USB drive and follow the instructions attached accordingly.

From Sinho I presumed.

The thingy with all these firmware, they don't include the changelog! What version is this?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #156
Supremacy Member

From Sinho I presumed.

The thingy with all these firmware, they don't include the changelog! What version is this?
Doesn't matter, found the answer. It's 20150728V4.0, can upgrade your STB model to Singapore from Ghana.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #157

I am using the Akira set and I had to use the USB port as well like in the blog post. Otherwise zero signal. I as well live on lower floors.

But regarding the active and passive antenna, what's the difference? Stronger signal?

Most of the antenna I saw at say Sim Lim square comes without separate power.
Thanks for the info.
suuhhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #158

Smile

What's your current version?
The System Info is:
Model: GHANA
SW Version: 20150312V4.0
HW Version: 7T01836650

For this version, I cannot find Singapore under the Country list in the setup screen. (Note: I have seen similar screens shots where Singapore is shown in this screen).

To overcome the above when auto-tuning the TV, I just select Malaysia or Ghana and it will tune to the MediaCorp HD channels.

So, does anyone know where I can find the latest firmware for the K2 STB which uses the Mstar MSD7T01 chipset?

Doesn't matter, found the answer. It's 20150728V4.0, can upgrade your STB model to Singapore from Ghana.
Thanks to honestguy for the quick reply and providing the firmware.
Thanks to albertlee for providing the version of the firmware.
LauHiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #159
Arch-Supremacy Member

planning to get a TV with a built-in DVB-T2 digital tuner. any recommendation on an indoor antenna to go with it?
5408854088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #160
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those who are looking for a dvbt2 twin tuner there's the Humax HDR2000T with built in HDD which can record two different channels simultaneously as well as watch one channel while recording another (or playback as well probably). Anyone tried it?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262338732450
cyrilng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #161
Master Member

For those who are looking for a dvbt2 twin tuner there's the Humax HDR2000T with built in HDD which can record two different channels simultaneously as well as watch one channel while recording another (or playback as well probably). Anyone tried it?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262338732450
Wah so exp meh. SG$200+
Old 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #162
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah so exp meh. SG$200+
It's not just a plain set top box. It's got a built in 500gb hdd plus dual tuners allowing you to record two different channels and watch a third at the same time.

There's also a 3 tuner version with 500gb/1th hdd that record 4 different channels and watch a 5th at the same time!

http://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/fvp-4000t/
Old 08-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

The question is will it works with our Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels?
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #164
Arch-Supremacy Member

The question is will it works with our Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels?
The Digital TV Group publishes and maintains the UK technical specification for high-definition services on digital terrestrial television (Freeview) based on the new DVB-T2 standard. The specification is known as the D-book. Freeview HD is the first operational TV service in the world using the DVB-T2 standard. This standard is incompatible with DVB-T, and can only be received using compatible reception equipment.[46] Some television receivers sold before the HD launch claimed to be "HD-ready", but this usually implies that the screen can display HD, rather than that DVB-T2 signals can be received – a suitable tuner (typically built into a STB or PVR) is additionally required. Freeview HD set-top boxes and televisions are available. To qualify for the Freeview HD logo, receivers will need to be IPTV-capable and display Freeview branding, including the logo, on the electronic programme guide screen.[47] The Freeview HD trademark requirements state that any manufacturer applying for the Freeview HD logo should submit their product to the Digital TV Group's test centre (DTG Testing) for conformance testing.

On 2 February 2010, Vestel became the first manufacturer to gain Freeview HD certification, for the Vestel T8300 set top box.[48] Humax released the first Freeview HD reception equipment, the Humax HD-FOX T2, on 13 February 2010.[49]

It was announced on 10 February 2009, that the signal would be encoded with MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4, which supports up to 1080i30/1080p30, so 1080p50 cannot be used.[50] The system has been designed from the start to allow regional variations in the broadcast schedule. Services are statistically multiplexed – bandwidth is dynamically allocated between channels, depending on the complexity of the images – with the aim of maintaining a consistent quality, rather than a specific bit rate. Video for each channel can range between 3 Mbit/s and 17 Mbit/s. AAC or Dolby Digital Plus audio is transmitted at 384 kb/s for 5.1 surround sound, with stereo audio at 128–192 kbit/s; audio description takes up 64 kbit/s, subtitles 200 kbit/s and the data stream, for interactive applications 50 kbit/s.[47] Recording sizes for Freeview HD television transmissions average around 3 GB per hour.[51] Between 22 and 23 March 2011, an encoder software change allowed the Freeview version of BBC HD to automatically detect progressive material and change encoding mode appropriately, meaning the channel can switch to 1080p25.[52] This was extended to all of the other Freeview HD channels in October 2011.

To ensure provision of audio description, broadcasters typically use the AAC codec.[53] Hardware restrictions allow only a single type of audio decoder to operate at any one time, so the main audio and the audio description must use the same encoding family for them to be successfully combined at the receiver. In the case of BBC HD, the main audio is coded as AAC-LC and only the audio description is encoded as HE-AAC.[54] Neither AAC nor Dolby Digital Plus codecs are supported by most home AV equipment, which typically accept Dolby Digital or DTS, leaving owners with stereo, rather than surround sound, output. Transcoding from AAC to Dolby Digital or DTS and multi-channel output via HDMI was not originally necessary for Freeview HD certification. As of June 2010 the DTG D-Book includes the requirement for mandatory transcoding when sending audio via S/PDIF, and for either transcoding or multi-channel PCM audio when sending it via HDMI in order for manufacturers to gain Freeview HD certification from April 2011.[55] Thus equipment sold as Freeview HD before April 2011 may not deliver surround sound to audio equipment (some equipment may, but this is not mandatory); later equipment must be capable of surround sound compatible with most suitable audio equipment.

On 16 July 2013, Ofcom announced that up to 10 new HD channels would be launched by early 2014, using new capacity made available by the digital switchover. This provided additional spectrum in the 600Mhz band for additional DVB-T2 multiplexes, reaching up to 70% of the UK population.

Source - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeview_(UK)

I currently have a Panasonic DMR-EX89 Freebies+ HDD DVD recorder which I bought from UK and which works on the soon to be phased out DVBT standard. I could receive and record all the channels except Channel U and Okto and it showed the EPG but I had to set the timer recordings manually. Hopefully the newer Freeview+ HD format is compatible to our DVBT2 format also.

I also have an AC Ryan PVR-76120 built in hdd dual tuner DVBT PVR which up to a few days ago could still receive the 7 day EPG allowing me to timer record up to two HD channels and watch another simultaneously. I want to get an equivalent or better unit to replace it now.

Last edited by cyrilng; 08-02-2017 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #165

http://www.hauppauge.com.sg/site/pro...ta_dualhd.html
Dual tuner: watch one channel while recording another. Or have picture-in-picture or two complete TV windows with the included WinTV v8 application for Windows.
Triple mode USB digital TV tuner for Windows: for DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C digital TV!
singmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.