Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@u0206397, how much did you pay for your K3? And what firmware version did it come with?

BTW, I assumed you're aware of this thread on the K3 STB.

marin3

Reaction score
Is it this?
sFtcMftl.jpg

L9kgja0l.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT
Yes you are correct, this is the antenna I bought at the first floor of Sim Lim Tower.
Definitely very good reception.
Always buy China things with European market marking as it is targeted for them, therefore would assume quality is reasonable.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How all, i am kind of new to this. Would like to know if I need to purchase a setup box with antenna, or just an antenna for me to receive the new digital signals.

My Samsung TV has an option to search for digital channels, but whenever I click on that, it says no frequency.

Any help would be really appreciated thank you.

Is your Samsung TV connected to external antenna?

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, this is the antenna I bought at the first floor of Sim Lim Tower.
Definitely very good reception.
Always buy China things with European market marking as it is targeted for them, therefore would assume quality is reasonable.
Tried already. Cheap n good. Almost wanted to buy funke 5.1 liao but thought of try this.

u0206397

Reaction score
@u0206397, how much did you pay for your K3?

I got it at $24.90.

And what firmware version did it come with?

Code:
Model: GHANA
SW Version: 20170325V5.0
HW Version: 7T01836650

Not sure if it is actually useful to anyone except the manufacturer/seller but since you are asking... :)

BTW, I assumed you're aware of this thread on the K3 STB.

I presume you are referring to this thread: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...]-my-sgd-$19-55-k3-dvb-t2-tv-box-5475857.html

Yes, I read this review as well. Almost whatever I could find on Google on MSD7T01, NT78306, plus forum threads here and general user reviews on popular e-commerce sites.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got it at $24.90.

IC, got mine at around $15 with 2 antenna after applying coupon and qpoints.

Not sure if it is actually useful to anyone except the manufacturer/seller but since you are asking... :)

It's useful to buyer as well, at least you know you're getting the newer batch of STB (based on firmware) or perhaps even upgraded PCB built.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If by external you meant the default HDB antenna then yes, I don't have cable TV.

Else it has nothing connected to it except the power cord.

No, by external I meant indoor antenna, HDB antenna is central and shared by many household. It is no longer maintain by HDB and may no longer be in working condition.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also, you could be using SCV port instead of HDB one which do not carry DVB-T2 signal.

Best to state your TV model first.

Took a closer look and it was indeed the SCV port.

Model code of my Samsung TV is UA40EH5336MXXS

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took a closer look and it was indeed the SCV port.

Model code of my Samsung TV is UA40EH5336MXXS

TV model is not in IMDA approved DTV list. It's indicated as DTV Ready in the user manual but may not support DVB-T2. Best to call/email Samsung for verification.

As for indoor antenna, any cheap one like those rabbit-ear or those for receiving Malaysia channel can be use.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV model is not in IMDA approved DTV list. It's indicated as DTV Ready in the user manual but may not support DVB-T2. Best to call/email Samsung for verification.

As for indoor antenna, any cheap one like those rabbit-ear or those for receiving Malaysia channel can be use.

Thanks, you've been a great help.

Guess I'll email Samsung to see what is my best course of action then.

marin3

Reaction score
Tried already. Cheap n good. Almost wanted to buy funke 5.1 liao but thought of try this.

Lucky you.
Google Funke 5.1 website
http://funke.nl/64_891_Combo_5_1.aspx
Shows UHF 21 - 69 (470 - 790 MHz)

Our requirement is UHF 26 -69 (470 - 862 MHz)
It seen we need a wider band MHz than the Funke spec.

For those interested but don't have the time to go down to Sim Lim Tower, you can buy it at Q0010 at this link below, but higher price.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DVB-T-ANTENNA/448032167?banner_no=1011763&sAffiliate=Q109125426

Last edited:

GReddy G9 RS

Reaction score
Lucky you.
Google Funke 5.1 website
http://funke.nl/64_891_Combo_5_1.aspx
Shows UHF 21 - 69 (470 - 790 MHz)

Our requirement is UHF 26 -69 (470 - 862 MHz)
It seen we need a wider band MHz than the Funke spec.

For those interested but don't have the time to go down to Sim Lim Tower, you can buy it at Q0010 at this link below, but higher price.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DVB-T-ANTENNA/448032167?banner_no=1011763&sAffiliate=Q109125426
Must thanks you. Lol... Post at the right timing.

terrykorkor

Reaction score
Came across this thread as I am forced to get a "DVB-T2 STB" for my home TV.
My parents feel the TV (not digital tv ready) which is bought in 2014 is still new and decided to get additional accessories like a setup box to get the digital signal as required.

1. As from what I have research and read online and mediacorp website, for a non-digital ready tv, I will need a "DVB-T2 STB" but I went to courts and saw the draco brand setup box and decided to find alternative. (Just too expensive).
2. Other than the "DVB-T2 STB", I will potentially need a good indoor "active" antenna
So in the end, it will be potentially two costs factor.

So my main question now is:
May I know is there any good recommendation (best bang for buck alternative to that draco product in courts) to get a non-digital ready tv to be setup so as to be ready for next year complete digital tv rollout? I was hoping to contain my budget within $50 but I think it might not be possible now as it might be a peak period for normal mundane like me to get all the setup box and the stock might be low now, etc.

PS: It is really quite troublesome and costly for a normal household to get all the knowledge about this digital tv thingy and finding ways to cut the cost. I predict I will be helping some relatives and friends to setup their TV to watch digital TV very soon.

Edit: Was browsing Qoo10 and came across some vendor carrying the product based on the keyword "DVB-T2", the setup box + hdmi cable + power antenna seems to be around $35 region. Is it potentially this pricing?

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Your answers are found in this thread.
Do check out the first few posts, and also the antenna thread.
Came across this thread as I am forced to get a "DVB-T2 STB" for my home TV.
My parents feel the TV (not digital tv ready) which is bought in 2014 is still new and decided to get additional accessories like a setup box to get the digital signal as required.

1. As from what I have research and read online and mediacorp website, for a non-digital ready tv, I will need a "DVB-T2 STB" but I went to courts and saw the draco brand setup box and decided to find alternative. (Just too expensive).
2. Other than the "DVB-T2 STB", I will potentially need a good indoor "active" antenna
So in the end, it will be potentially two costs factor.

So my main question now is:
May I know is there any good recommendation (best bang for buck alternative to that draco product in courts) to get a non-digital ready tv to be setup so as to be ready for next year complete digital tv rollout? I was hoping to contain my budget within $50 but I think it might not be possible now as it might be a peak period for normal mundane like me to get all the setup box and the stock might be low now, etc.

PS: It is really quite troublesome and costly for a normal household to get all the knowledge about this digital tv thingy and finding ways to cut the cost. I predict I will be helping some relatives and friends to setup their TV to watch digital TV very soon.

Edit: Was browsing Qoo10 and came across some vendor carrying the product based on the keyword "DVB-T2", the setup box + hdmi cable + power antenna seems to be around $35 region. Is it potentially this pricing?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

All these years I'm using the Margon 2.0 which can clip to the window rails of my hall. Reception is great.

Recently, I need one for my room. Where can I get one now? COURTS, HN, BEST, SL Tower etc?

I prefer one that can clip to the window rails type instead of putting on the inside of my house.

If the Margon 2.0 is no longer on sale can recommend a better one?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.