HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Draco STB HDT2-7700 Recording feature

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #1

Unhappy Draco STB HDT2-7700 Recording feature

Check if it's only happen on Draco STB HDT2-7700 or it is a common issue to other branding STB.....

Just gotten a set from HN, managed to set up the STB with all available FTA channels (ch5, ch8, suria, vas,... etc). Both Signal intensity and signal quality could constantly maintain at 99% and 98% respectively.

But, while trying the recording feature, I can only watch channel that share the same freq of the one I am currently recording. i.e, if I am recording ch8 (554Mhz), I could only watch either the same ch8 or vas(also on 554Mhz), all other channels not on the same freq as the one I am recording will not be available for me to select till I ended the recording function.

Today, I call up Skycom's hotline thinking I might had a faulty set, but they seem to be aware on the issue and mentioned this is a common feature on all STB. While recording, only channel sharing the same freq would be available for viewing at the same time. They even quoting their old model HDT2-7300 also having the same "feature".
eradicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #2

The box has only 1 tuner so watch n record at same frequency. U need those box with dual tuner 2 b able 2 watch n record diff channels/frequency
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #3

Probably the set only has one tuner, unlike Starhub Hubstation which has two tuners.
comex_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

The box got RF bypass? That is antenna in and antenna out? With RF out, you can freely switch channel while recording another.
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #5

thanks all bro on the reply.

Yes, there is a RF out... but how to make use of that?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks all bro on the reply.

Yes, there is a RF out... but how to make use of that?
As follow:
Antenna to Draco RF input
Draco RF output to TV RF input (normal TV channel)
Draco HDMI output to TV HDMI input (watch recorded program via HDMI input)
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #7

As follow:
Antenna to Draco RF input
Draco RF output to TV RF input (normal TV channel)
Draco HDMI output to TV HDMI input (watch recorded program via HDMI input)
but I thought the Draco RF output is just "loop through" the original DVB aerial signal from the indoor Antenna.... in that case, the digital aerial signal will still not be recognise by my TV (with analogue tuner only, and the reason of why this Draco STB was required at the first place).
Unless the Draco RF output "processed" analogue aerial signal which could be used by my TV RF input which I doubt so.....

Last edited by eradicate; 10-12-2017 at 12:39 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.