HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gain City Expo Sales

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Gain City Expo Sales

Hi bros and sis, please post any price you have on any TV here. Also anything to watch out for do won't Kenna carrot!
skar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #2

For my experience of buying of tv, i will shortlisted 2 to 3 models based on my budget and prefer choice.From there , u can do a research on local website or google it thru hardwarezone.Once u already know what u want, find out the price at courts, HN, gain city, mega discount,best denki or even mustafa (Good place to research is orchard road where u can find 3 major electronics store there within the distance) . From there.Take note of the price, So with this expo sale coming up, go there, if it is really a "Sale" ,then go buy it there. No carrot chop...

I never feel those shops at expo, IT show , comex show etc are out there to carrot chop consumers,what i feel that they are already very transparent with the pricing and it take 2 hands to clap, willing buyer and willing seller.
nomoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #3

For my experience of buying of tv, i will shortlisted 2 to 3 models based on my budget and prefer choice.From there , u can do a research on local website or google it thru hardwarezone.Once u already know what u want, find out the price at courts, HN, gain city, mega discount,best denki or even mustafa (Good place to research is orchard road where u can find 3 major electronics store there within the distance) . From there.Take note of the price, So with this expo sale coming up, go there, if it is really a "Sale" ,then go buy it there. No carrot chop...

I never feel those shops at expo, IT show , comex show etc are out there to carrot chop consumers,what i feel that they are already very transparent with the pricing and it take 2 hands to clap, willing buyer and willing seller.
Thnks for the tip
Old 31-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #4

Anyone got any tips/recomendation for a med size 40"-46" LED, with price? Below $900. No smart capabilities needed, but if within price range what the heck. Can play USB video files will be great.
Old 31-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #5

Anyone got any tips/recomendation for a med size 40"-46" LED, with price? Below $900. No smart capabilities needed, but if within price range what the heck. Can play USB video files will be great.
U can check up the advertiment price list on every sat strait times

I saw some decent brands like philips samsung selling LED tv at $9xx for 40 inch, 46 inch cost about $13xx for brand like LG etc. Below $900 for brand new 46 inch is quite hard to find.
nomoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #6

don't waste your time to go down there. Don't expect price drop. Go to any GC or any electrical shops
porkypig13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #7

I have just ordered online from Courts, Viera THL42E3S is selling for $849 only, cheaper than some of the neighbourhood electrical shops.
LokLok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #8

Scam-Don't get fool by their free tablet, they use it to persuade ppl to buy their goods such as camera and laptop.

The tablet which is 7"inch is mdi brand(no warranty) and it turn out to be spoil for mine and they will said it cost $200 for this free gift and they do not show u the brand before hand to scam you.

The camera i buy with no price stated in the expo cost $199 (they do not show me the retail price for Samsung camera and it turn out to be $139) which is part of the free tablet deal.

Last ** stock!!

They like to do this to rush ppl to buy thing without thinking carefully. Don't fall to this, they have stock for sure. Just that they repeatedly use this tricks by long interval period of time.

Real Catch

Monitor
Viewsonic( 3 yrs warranty)- viewsonic display 4 product, the only products you should buy is the two models with $199 price tag. VX2336s-LED(IPS) or VX2253mh-LED.

[GPGT] VIEWSONIC MONITORS (20''-27'')

U go check the last page and see the product that has been sold out in previous event. Those are good product.

Laptop

They laptop they sold can cutoff from $200 to 700 from retail price.

TV
They give free bracket and HDVI Cable and they give u discount range from $200 to $450 depend on the products.

Games store

Ridiculous cutoff for game that may be too old or new(x box,ps3, pc,psp. PS3 got 60gb and 80 gb offer, buy THE 80 GB ONE.(You go see the deal, you will know y)

Last edited by cracktheegg; 23-09-2012 at 01:35 AM..
cracktheegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #9

I don't buy TV or electronic goods in expo sales, IT shows etc.

Reasons given as below :-

(1) We can find a cheaper price at neighbour shops or Mustaffa centre.
(2) You have time to think for what you want to purchase, the hourly promotion usually lead you to rush to purchase without much time to think.

I am not interested in the free gifts.
If you know how to identify the most worth promotion items after your studied, then try your luck to get it.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.