HDTV talk - antenna and reception issues [consolidated]

xVrooMx

Reaction score
If really isn't DTV, just get a cheap STB from China, cost around $15 (after deducting coupons & qpoints) from Qoo10.

I see... but i nvr bot anything from Qoo10 before hahaha.. I will try and see how it goes.

Cheers!

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Hi albertlee,

The specs for my TV shows like this.

Broadcasting System
Digital: DVB-T2/C/S2
Analog: PAL/SECAM

It suppose to have DVB-T2 Tuner yea?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi albertlee,

The specs for my TV shows like this.

Broadcasting System
Digital: DVB-T2/C/S2
Analog: PAL/SECAM

It suppose to have DVB-T2 Tuner yea?

Yes, but like I have said before, the specs is not that clear as the manual is meant for a number of TV models. Best to get the answer from manufacturer themselves.

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Yes, but like I have said before, the specs is not that clear as the manual is meant for a number of TV models. Best to get the answer from manufacturer themselves.

Yea, I called and no one answer.. email no replies also. hahaha.. Anyway will try calling again for next few days haha.. Thanks!

segafan

Reaction score
Yea, I called and no one answer.. email no replies also. hahaha.. Anyway will try calling again for next few days haha.. Thanks!
Yo! Chanced upon your post.. Am a Funke DSC550 user too!

For your TV, does it happen to have separate "Digital channels" and "Analogue Channel"? My TV is Sony and the channels are divided into 2 categories. Means, to view digital channels, I need to switch to Digital channel mode where all channels are digital. To view all old-skool analogue channels, I need to go the Analogue channel mode where the channels are non-digital. The channels are not lumped together and when I do the tuning, is also separate. Our this antenna is for digital channels only.

Maybe I'm captain obvious, and I'm not very sure if all TVs are like this: Have you checked that when you do the digital tuning, it is specifically for the digital channels? Also, did you plug in the USB power of the antenna into your TV?

Hope you get your issue resolved soon! :)

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently my uncle bought a new TV for my grandma. LG 42LY750H.
I bought a Funke DSC550 from courts to make it digital for her but it doesnt work.
Then I found out the TV is mainly for commercial use. Should it affect the possibility of receiving digital channels?
Please advise.

Cheers
To find out whether your tv set can receive DVB-T2 or not, check out "Consumer Labels" and "List of DVB-T2 Products" in this link below:

https://www.imda.gov.sg/community/consumer-education/digital-tv

jghtan

Reaction score
Cannot get all the free to air channels

Hi Guys.

I just bought the Draco digital TV box 7300 and funke combo 5.1 antenna recently.
Connect both and did auto scan. Can only get 3 channels and is lagging.
Sometimes no signal. I hang the antenna high up on my living room window grill.
Do I need a signal booster?

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I just bought the Draco digital TV box 7300 and funke combo 5.1 antenna recently.
Connect both and did auto scan. Can only get 3 channels and is lagging.
Sometimes no signal. I hang the antenna high up on my living room window grill.
Do I need a signal booster?

which area and your floor? most likely you need booster if yer at low level

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
@jghtan

1st of all, your Funke is an active antenna, meaning with booster built-in.

I assume you have connected the signal output from the Funke to the antenna input of Draco and not the antenna output with the correct adaptor/cable.

As the whole island is indoor signal ready since end of last year, you should have no difficulty in the reception. I suggest you call MediaCorp for assistance.

jghtan

Reaction score
I stay on the 5th level. Clementi West
I have managed to get all the FTA channels. But need to put the funke antenna away from my TV console.
I was thinking of putting the antenna on my TV console but no signal.
How can I slove this?

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
@jghtan

Although I said earlier that the whole island is indoor reception ready, the signal strength at different spots within the house still varies, as you have found out.

If you must have the antenna on your TV console, I suggest you try with a different antenna. I cannot recommend one. You have to experiment as different antennae have different reception characteristics.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need some help.

I bought a Digital-Ready for my mum last year.
Phillip 32PHT5100.

This TV is not listed in MDA website.
https://www.imda.gov.sg/~/media/imd...ound sound ready receiver philips35.pdf?la=en

So is this TV compatible for the switch in 2017?

Also, this TV does not come with antenna.
Which antenna will be compatible?

Please advise.

It's not possible for IMDA to list all model that are Digital Ready on their website.

A quick check on the manufacturer site did state that it does support DVB-T/T2.

Most TV would not come with antenna unless it is sold as bundle package. I would suggest you try with any cheap analogue antenna first, even old "rabbit-ear" type will work.

Zelphon

Reaction score
It's not possible for IMDA to list all model that are Digital Ready on their website.

A quick check on the manufacturer site did state that it does support DVB-T/T2.

Most TV would not come with antenna unless it is sold as bundle package. I would suggest you try with any cheap analogue antenna first, even old "rabbit-ear" type will work.

So currently the TV is hooked up to those SCV cable points.. for free to air TV.
Once the DTV kicks in, I will need an antenna?

That cable point is useless?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So currently the TV is hooked up to those SCV cable points.. for free to air TV.
Once the DTV kicks in, I will need an antenna?

That cable point is useless?

Yes and no, if your TV come with DVB-C tuner then it can also receive FTA digital channels else an external antenna is required.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

Zelphon

Reaction score
You may have missed it. This particular model is listed in page 2.

Also, when you bought the tv set, there should be a DVB-T2 consumer label stuck to the front panel.

Thanks.

I really missed that.
Now all I need is just an antenna.
Looking at all the various models and prices..
Really don't know how to choose..
Need amplifier or not also don't know..

I guess I wait till 2018 where I will be forced to get an antenna then I go buy 1..

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
@Zelphon

Whether you get the antenna now or later, you still have to go through the "agony". I would suggest you do it now. You will not regret the decision as the quality of digital tv picture is very much better than that of analogue tv, even though your tv display is not FHD.

If you are adventurous, you can try to use any wire/cable as the antenna. Strip one end of the cable of suitable length of 2 to 3m (it doesn't matter whether it is single/2/3 core). This will be the simplest antenna. Connect the exposed metal part to the cable to the tv antenna input and tune accordingly. Also see post #331 in this thread.

Alternatively, you can try the version which I made as shown in the post #1901 below:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/85246624-post1901.html

You can also buy those cheap rabbit ear antenna or antenna meant to receive TV3 and Indonesian channels from neighbourhood shops. See link below:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989-84.html#post83027632

Ask for exchange or refund policy first.

Antennae sold by bigger establishments are more costly but NTUC have refund policy.

SIPLSIPL

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a LED TV n I realised tat it doesn't come with antenna anymore. Can I check how do I watch local channels?
I test the TV with an antenna from another TV n it works perfectly well.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a LED TV n I realised tat it doesn't come with antenna anymore. Can I check how do I watch local channels?
I test the TV with an antenna from another TV n it works perfectly well.
If I read you correctly, you have answered your own question.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.