HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hisense TV

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #1

Hisense TV

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether anyone bought Hisense TV before since I'm looking for a TV <$1k budget at the moment and discovered Hisense LED50k321 (Click to open the link) fits the bill, but the only downside is the warranty coverage as written there is 3 month. So, my thought is what happen during/after warranty coverage, is there any onsite service and anyone know where is their service center in SG located?

Any comments/input on this TV?

Thank you
Uramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Suggest you go read through the QnA from some of the seller's listings. I have contacted the seller before. Warranty is in-house for their parallel import models, meaning they have appointed qualified technicians to do servicing for warranty claims. They do offer longer warranty but you need to top-up additional for that. Also, they will still help to troubleshoot and repair when warranty period is over but of course they will charge you for that. As with all parallel import models, there is no local warranty coverage so local service centers wont recognise. But to answer your question, hisense has not local presence here so naturally no local service center.

According to online reviews by a few tech sites, this model is pretty decent and specs wise, a generous amount of connectors(4x hdmi of which 2 are hdmi 2.0 and support hdcp 2.2, 3x USB). However, since this is still considered an entry level model, there are probably drawbacks in stuff like picture quality and no support for hdr. If all you want is a cheap 4k model and dont worry about lack of local warranty coverage, no harm going for this model since it only costs $699 if you buy from qoo10 with $100 off coupon. If you want something with local warranty, be prepared to pay about $1.1-1.2k and go for something like the LG 49UF640 or Panasonic 50cx400.

Last edited by rECKleSSfElla; 27-04-2016 at 10:55 AM..
rECKleSSfElla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

These are the prices of branded 4K TVs at local stores like Best Denki with 3 yrs agent warranties:
LG 43UF640T - $929
Samsung UA40JU6000 - $899
Panasonic TH40CX600S - $879
All below $1k.
chiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #4

Suggest you go read through the QnA from some of the seller's listings. I have contacted the seller before. Warranty is in-house for their parallel import models, meaning they have appointed qualified technicians to do servicing for warranty claims. They do offer longer warranty but you need to top-up additional for that. Also, they will still help to troubleshoot and repair when warranty period is over but of course they will charge you for that. As with all parallel import models, there is no local warranty coverage so local service centers wont recognise. But to answer your question, hisense has not local presence here so naturally no local service center.

According to online reviews by a few tech sites, this model is pretty decent and specs wise, a generous amount of connectors(4x hdmi of which 2 are hdmi 2.0 and support hdcp 2.2, 3x USB). However, since this is still considered an entry level model, there are probably drawbacks in stuff like picture quality and no support for hdr. If all you want is a cheap 4k model and dont worry about lack of local warranty coverage, no harm going for this model since it only costs $699 if you buy from qoo10 with $100 off coupon. If you want something with local warranty, be prepared to pay about $1.1-1.2k and go for something like the LG 49UF640 or Panasonic 50cx400.
Thanks for the insight, man!
Option #1:
I was thinking that since it's a cheap 4k model and cost only for $699 but had to prepared that the lifespan is probably 1 year, so worse comes to worst have to repair or if the cost of repairing turns out to be higher than buying new one, no choice had to buy new one again

Option #2:
Look for a TV that carry 3 years local warranty with the price tag is <$1k. At least it able to survive throughout 3 years which bring out to $334 depreciation per year.

To be honest with I'm incline with option #2 to mitigate some unforeseen risks.
Oh well, I guess, I'm back to the drawing board to look for another TV model.
Old 27-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #5

These are the prices of branded 4K TVs at local stores like Best Denki with 3 yrs agent warranties:
LG 43UF640T - $929
Samsung UA40JU6000 - $899
Panasonic TH40CX600S - $879
All below $1k.
Thanks, bro!
Gonna check them out.
Old 27-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the insight, man!
Option #1:
I was thinking that since it's a cheap 4k model and cost only for $699 but had to prepared that the lifespan is probably 1 year, so worse comes to worst have to repair or if the cost of repairing turns out to be higher than buying new one, no choice had to buy new one again

Option #2:
Look for a TV that carry 3 years local warranty with the price tag is <$1k. At least it able to survive throughout 3 years which bring out to $334 depreciation per year.

To be honest with I'm incline with option #2 to mitigate some unforeseen risks.
Oh well, I guess, I'm back to the drawing board to look for another TV model.
Ultimately it depends on whether you are prepared to take the risk of shorter warranty in exchange for big savings upfront. Nobody can guarantee you how long the tv set is gonna last and its wrong to deduce that just because its parallel import and chinese brand it wont last for more than 1 year. Even reputable brands have failure rates and having local warranty is for naught if the tv set constantly breaks down every few months and you gotta send it for servicing. If local warranty is a must, then you are severely restricted by your budget of 1k. Your only choice is going for smaller size 40-43 inches or up your budget by at least $200 and go for the 2 models i mentioned previously. However, those 2 are entry level models too so compromises have to be had.
Old 27-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

within your budget, buy a 1080p TV than a 4K. the 1080p will be a better TV than a 4K model if priced the same. 4K is nothing with only a resolution. u can never measure quality with just a given number.
warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

within your budget, buy a 1080p TV than a 4K. the 1080p will be a better TV than a 4K model if priced the same. 4K is nothing with only a resolution. u can never measure quality with just a given number.
lol inb4 that some1 comes in and tells you nothing matters other than 4k resolution because FHD cant do deep blacks and low response time.
warr likes this.
Old 27-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #9

Ultimately it depends on whether you are prepared to take the risk of shorter warranty in exchange for big savings upfront. Nobody can guarantee you how long the tv set is gonna last and its wrong to deduce that just because its parallel import and chinese brand it wont last for more than 1 year. Even reputable brands have failure rates and having local warranty is for naught if the tv set constantly breaks down every few months and you gotta send it for servicing. If local warranty is a must, then you are severely restricted by your budget of 1k. Your only choice is going for smaller size 40-43 inches or up your budget by at least $200 and go for the 2 models i mentioned previously. However, those 2 are entry level models too so compromises have to be had.
Yup, don't think I'll take the risk by getting Hisense.
btw any other model in mind for FHD (around $1k budget)? preferred size is 40" inch plus.

Cool, do you have any TV model in mind that I should be looking for that within my budget? (plus minus I'm able to stretch extra 10-20%).

Reason being is my viewing from my sofa to the TV set to be around 2.8m hence should be no issue whether it's a FHD TV.
Old 27-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Yup, don't think I'll take the risk by getting Hisense.
btw any other model in mind for FHD (around $1k budget)? preferred size is 40" inch plus.
Panasonic new 2016 model 49DS630. Only arrive at our shores 1 week ago. Saw it at Harvery Norman going for $1199. Alternatively, you can also go for the 2015 model equivilant 49CS630 which should be about $150-200 cheaper.

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...-49ds630s.html

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...-49cs630s.html

Do head to the various large retailers and take a look at and gauage the models yourself. End of the day, you are the one watching the tv so what appears good to us might not be the same for you. Also keep a lookout on the newpapers during the weekends to see if any of the retailers are running roadshows or in-store promos. Some limited sets offers can be alot cheaper than the normal retail price e.g the 49cs630 was selling for as low as $799 previously.
warr likes this.

Last edited by rECKleSSfElla; 27-04-2016 at 05:01 PM..
Old 27-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #11

Panasonic new 2016 model 49DS630. Only arrive at our shores 1 week ago. Saw it at Harvery Norman going for $1199. Alternatively, you can also go for the 2015 model equivilant 49CS630 which should be about $150-200 cheaper.

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...-49ds630s.html

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...-49cs630s.html

Do head to the various large retailers and take a look at and gauage the models yourself. End of the day, you are the one watching the tv so what appears good to us might not be the same for you. Also keep a lookout on the newpapers during the weekends to see if any of the retailers are running roadshows or in-store promos. Some limited sets offers can be alot cheaper than the normal retail price e.g the 49cs630 was selling for as low as $799 previously.
Thanks for the tips, bro!
Need to visit HN and Courts more often now, in order to check their in-store promotions. In facts, I'm going to head down to the store after work today to do comparison!
It would appear that there are lots of homework need to be done in order to shop for decent TV .
Old 27-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the tips, bro!
Need to visit HN and Courts more often now, in order to check their in-store promotions. In facts, I'm going to head down to the store after work today to do comparison!
It would appear that there are lots of homework need to be done in order to shop for decent TV .
Sidenote, according to the EXPO events calendar, this coming labour day weekend there is supposed to be some tech fair organised by harvey norman starting friday. Might be worth going down to have a look. Also consider going to Mustafa where they have a wide range of models at pretty competitive prices.

Pic i took at mustafa 1 week ago. Can consider this if you dont mind 60 inch and up your budget by $500.
Old 27-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #13

Sidenote, according to the EXPO events calendar, this coming labour day weekend there is supposed to be some tech fair organised by harvey norman starting friday. Might be worth going down to have a look. Also consider going to Mustafa where they have a wide range of models at pretty competitive prices.

Pic i took at mustafa 1 week ago. Can consider this if you dont mind 60 inch and up your budget by $500.
just come back from site survey of the TVs in Harvey Norman.
The one capture my attention are LG 49UH650T ($1.6k) and 49UH850T ($2k).

Seen both Panasonic TH-49CX700S ($1.5k) and TH-49DS630S ($1.2k), they look okay to me, not too outstanding (perhaps the video sample that they shown is lower quality than LG ).

Nonetheless, all over my budget , looks like need to bump up my budget by 100% to get a decent one!
Old 27-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

just come back from site survey of the TVs in Harvey Norman.
The one capture my attention are LG 49UH650T ($1.6k) and 49UH850T ($2k).

Seen both Panasonic TH-49CX700S ($1.5k) and TH-49DS630S ($1.2k), they look okay to me, not too outstanding (perhaps the video sample that they shown is lower quality than LG ).

Nonetheless, all over my budget , looks like need to bump up my budget by 100% to get a decent one!
Avoid the UH650T. LG's most entry level 4k model and little difference between this and the 2015 model UF640T. If anything, save $500 and go for the UF640T if you so desire. Can get from this reputable carousell seller that does payment upon meetup https://carousell.com/p/51212259. UH850T is a decent step-up but as you said it yourself, the price would exceed your budget by almost 100%. If your budget is tight and you die die want 4k, suggest you wait till at least June then make your purchase. 2016 models for various brands only just released recently and retailers will surely price them near rrp. Give it another couple of months and you will see prices start to drop.

Last edited by rECKleSSfElla; 27-04-2016 at 07:44 PM..
Old 27-04-2016, 11:31 PM   #15

There's a uh600 series which is the basic model. I think best denki is selling for $1149.
mep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.