LG LED TV UB850 black corners

sookf

Reaction score
I bought a 49" LG UB850 4K TV and realise the 2 upper corners turns out to be darker than the rest of the screen. Please refer to the attached photo.

IMG_20150414_185914.jpg

Is this normal or should I call the service center to have it replace.
Hope brothers/sisters with the same TV (don't have also can) can give your opinion.

Thank you!

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
I've read that it is fairly common with LED edge lit displays. One of my TVs also exihibits such traits

petetherock

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of non plasma tvs... You can try and ask for a change but there's no guarantee that the next set won't be worse.

sookf

Reaction score
Guess I will have to live with it then. Funny thing is I don't see the problem when I see them in the megastore display wall.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Guess I will have to live with it then. Funny thing is I don't see the problem when I see them in the megastore display wall.

bcos they use store demo mode~ goto Setting > Mode Setting~ yours shld be Home Mode~ change it to Store Mode and the dynamic range & backlight will be increased to the max~ alternatively, adjust contrast, brightness, backlight, etc to high or 100%, the uneven white level will be reduced~

btw, its not call screen bleeding~ bleeding is when backlight or edge light leak out on the edges when the image supposed to be black or dim colour~ :s22:

sookf

Reaction score
bcos they use store demo mode~ goto Setting > Mode Setting~ yours shld be Home Mode~ change it to Store Mode and the dynamic range & backlight will be increased to the max~ alternatively, adjust contrast, brightness, backlight, etc to high or 100%, the uneven white level will be reduced~
Thanks! Will try that tonight when I reach home tonight.

Question is will the store mode reduce the life of the display panel in long run?

Last edited:

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Thanks! Will try that tonight when I reach home tonight.

Question is will the store mode reduce the life of the display panel in long run?

Not sure abt the panel life but the store demo mode is too bright for eyes comfort if you ask me~ unless your room is as bright as the showroom~ :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.