LG UB850T Series Thread

sanjaynblr

Reaction score
anyone managed to install the netflix app already?

Not yet. LG does not provide netflix to Singapore/ non netflix available countries. I have written to their support that we use netflix through VPN. Still they are not ready to provide netflix to us.

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha.. this is my favourite topic.. go to setting under general then about tv. then scrool down.. hope u don get s shock like when me when i see my number on the screen and the salesman say is a brand new set.. :s12:

My TV was delivered today. Steps to check hours of operations were a little different. Steps are: SETTINGS > SUPPORT > PRODUCT/SERVICE INFO > USED TIME.

Luckily saw a '0' at that column. :)

minute_me

Reaction score
got this TV recently.....i notice the TV dim itself when the scene is dark until i it's so dark i can't see shxt. when scene become bright, it turns bright...it's damn irritating.

how do i turn off that function ?

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got this TV recently.....i notice the TV dim itself when the scene is dark until i it's so dark i can't see shxt. when scene become bright, it turns bright...it's damn irritating.

how do i turn off that function ?

I don have this issue u mentioned. Maybe you can try to reset the tv system and try again. :s12:

bibiah

Reaction score
I bought mine 55ub850 a month ago but my installation will be in late march due to house renovation. During these period, I kept thinking if I have made the right choice.. lol.. Because I was more attracted to bravia's 55X8500B .. sleek and classy outlook. But sony suck at its smart feature, that is why I did not purchased in the end..

I wonder if the ub850 owners here happy with their purchase so far?

Piranacon

Reaction score
I bought mine 55ub850 a month ago but my installation will be in late march due to house renovation. During these period, I kept thinking if I have made the right choice.. lol.. Because I was more attracted to bravia's 55X8500B .. sleek and classy outlook. But sony suck at its smart feature, that is why I did not purchased in the end..

I wonder if the ub850 owners here happy with their purchase so far?

It is strange why you choose to buy the TV so way in advance since TV prices can only go down and not up. By March, the IT show will have arrived and you could have gotten much cheaper prices. Furthermore March/ April is the time when they have to clear the existing models to make way for the 2015 models.

In my opinion, smart function should not be too important a factor for consideration since that part can easily be solved by a media box like Mibox etc. Important is whether you like the hardware part like the screen quality, sound output and TV design etc.

bibiah

Reaction score
Guys,

I have bought a 55inch UB850T which I had not arranged for delivery for my new house yet. I am thinking to sell it away for another model. If you are keen to get it from me please contact me at 9 7 two 52 five 45.

Price looking at 2700. Comes with a free sound bar from lg already redeemed. Thanks

donut33

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently most store are providing 3 years warranty for this TV. May I know is 3 years warranty sufficient or do we need to buy extended warranty for another 2 years to be on the safe side. I checked with Courts, their extended warranty is $499 for another 2years.

My current LG TV 42 inch spoiil just after 3 years but luckily I bought another 2 years warranty.

sanjaynblr

Reaction score

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Harvey and Courts selling $21xx + free $100 choice vouchers + LG sound bar for the 49 incher

Is this a good deal ?

THey are still selling at this price today...
not sure if IT show in Mar will have better price...

Surge007

Reaction score
Anyone tried calibrating their TV with Spears, DVE or WoW?

Found this config online ..going to try this tonite

Current TV Firmware 4.35.22

Expert Setting1
----------------
Picture Adjust
--------------
Backlight: 70
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 43
H Sharpness: 10 if Edge Enhancer is ON else 20
V Sharpness: 10 if Edge Enhancer is ON else 20
Color: 53
Tint: G4

Expert Control
---------------
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Super Resolution: High
Colour Gamut: Wide
Edge Enhancer: On or Off, adjust accordingly the H/V Sharpness
Colour Filter: Off
Expert Pattern: Off
Gamma: 2.2

White Balance
--------------
Colour Temperature: Medium
Method: 20 points
Pattern: Outer
All the Rest Default here

Colour Management
--------------------
Red: S6 T0 L0
Green: S15 T0 L20
Blue: S0 T0 L0
Cyan: S0 T0 L7
Magenta: S0 T0 L0
Yellow: S0 T0 L25

Picture Options
---------------
Noise Reduction: Off
Mpeg Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: On (in some inputs is grayed out)
Motion eye care: Off
Led Local Dimming: Medium
TrueMotion: Clear. Its the only setting that produces almost perfect result with Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition that has Motion Tests inside.

Merciful

Reaction score
Hello.

So i walked in to Gain City@marina after finding out there wasnt LG or Samsung booth at IT Show. The promoter approach me, so i told him what im looking for. After narrowing down.. the final was 55LG850T. The deal he offered was $26XX plus free delivery + free mounting + soundbar + bluray player which was the CNY deal. Was actually quite tempting but thinking that LG new tv is out end of this month and the price of this tv might drop so i hesitated. He told me this model is consider one of the latest for LG. I know nothing much of TV so im here doing homework and asking for advice. What im looking for is a 55" LG Tv should i go with his deal or is there other place with better offer ?:s11:

dmstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello.

So i walked in to Gain City@marina after finding out there wasnt LG or Samsung booth at IT Show. The promoter approach me, so i told him what im looking for. After narrowing down.. the final was 55LG850T. The deal he offered was $26XX plus free delivery + free mounting + soundbar + bluray player which was the CNY deal. Was actually quite tempting but thinking that LG new tv is out end of this month and the price of this tv might drop so i hesitated. He told me this model is consider one of the latest for LG. I know nothing much of TV so im here doing homework and asking for advice. What im looking for is a 55" LG Tv should i go with his deal or is there other place with better offer ?:s11:

There should be a XXLG880T-ish model coming out soon...

Merciful

Reaction score
There should be a XXLG880T-ish model coming out soon...

But the new tv would be ex wont it be? Im just trying to find a good high-end tv but not too ex. Can't make up my mind of getting 4k Tv or OLED. What's the big difference between 4k and oled ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.