Netflix SG

bobaccord

Reaction score
i have the same issue. i believe google is able to identify location based on yr email so netflix cannot go past SG.

for eg, i tried using my various android devices, even ios, to stream to chromecast. None of them can play US Netflix shows, despite the titles showing up.

On the other hand, i have an email which is registered for US itunes store and it can play US titles on Apple TV, ipad etc. For once, Apple is more flexible.

Anyone with a solution pls share.
Ok for the time being, with VPN and using Chrome browser i can access and Watch US netflix. The question now is whether i want to keep my subscription after my 1 month trial is up.

I admit the US Netflix is very attractive though i also believe in due time they will add more titles to Sg.

Btw, using VPN UK, there were some UK titles not found in US version.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT

pustefix

Reaction score
I've Netflix for a while, maybe I can help with some questions. Firstly, Netflix will not have the latest episodes that are still airing in US, how it works is that Netflix will wait for the whole season to be available before releasing it, they know viewers like to watch it in one go.

Secondly, if you have problem watching Netflix using VPN, then it is most probably due to the VPN, change another one to test. I used to have this problem and if I switch to another VPN, it will work. You might want to check out what are the successful configuration in hardwarezone fourms. I am using MR teleport, Getflix seems to work too according to Nvidia Shield TV thread.

Update: forget to mention that I am using the Netflix Android app, didn't bother much with the web browser version.

Update 2: For testing I used TunnelBear VPN app, it gives free 500MB per month.

Last edited:

pustefix

Reaction score
Ok. Same for me, so it is pretty standard that vpn netflix US from here (Sgp) cannot watch but can see the listing.

If you can't stream to chromecast but can see listing in your app, then that is because you are using the VPN app on your phone/tablet. For chromecast to stream US Netflix, you need to configure the router for VPN access because it will only go through your router for the streaming. It is not stream from your phone/tablet.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can't stream to chromecast but can see listing in your app, then that is because you are using the VPN app on your phone/tablet. For chromecast to stream US Netflix, you need to configure the router for VPN access because it will only go through your router for the streaming. It is not stream from your phone/tablet.

my router is configured smartdns US. cannot leh

bobaccord

Reaction score
I've just tried Netflix on my iMac, using the hotspot shield vpn and chrome browser - works fine for Netflix US and UK and I think others as well.

I did not try the Netflix app - i saw that it has to be purchased. Is that true? Or I saw the wrong one?

Bob

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've just tried Netflix on my iMac, using the hotspot shield vpn and chrome browser - works fine for Netflix US and UK and I think others as well.

I did not try the Netflix app - i saw that it has to be purchased. Is that true? Or I saw the wrong one?

Bob

If use google US DNS on the router, can watch Netflix US with chrome browser?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google only has 1 pair of DNS, that is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. There is no Google US DNS or Googke Asia DNS.

If you want, can sign up Unotelly or other similar DNS services. They normally have 1 week trial. And they will normally manuals, guide to teach you what to do.

Not sure.. so far i have never tried dns on router approach. . A bit chim for me at thee moment. . Need to read up a bit.. but using VPN US and Netflix browser type, no problem

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google only has 1 pair of DNS, that is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. There is no Google US DNS or Googke Asia DNS.

If you want, can sign up Unotelly or other similar DNS services. They normally have 1 week trial. And they will normally manuals, guide to teach you what to do.

I use free VPN also can watch on my Notebook chrome browser. I even watch a bit from Netflix Japan.

chiaps

Reaction score
right now is there a difference in SG content and US content?

Check it out here:
w_w.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

Singapore gets only 14.61% of the US TV Library and 10.21% of the US Movie Library available on US Netflix.

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
Check it out here:
w_w.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

Singapore gets only 14.61% of the US TV Library and 10.21% of the US Movie Library available on US Netflix.

wah simi sai..so little of their library...then might as well continue to subscribe to US netflix.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah simi sai..so little of their library...then might as well continue to subscribe to US netflix.

Can use vpn to access US netflix. Any way not nice to watch as all in English. No Korean drama and no chinese show.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.