Query about the Sony W750D

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find much info despite my searches. I am puzzled by this panel, KDL-43W750D.

According to the listing on Sony SG's website, this FullHD panel supports HDR and Wide Colour Gamut, buried under their marketing talk eg Triluminos, etc.

I am unable to find detailed specs or reviews about this panel, and rtings.com never reviewed this.

Does anyone here know if this panel support HDR10 and WCG?

I used rting.com's recommendation of the Sony X800D/X8000D that does support HDR10 and WCG to compare with the W750D and both panels have the same Sony technologies, the only diff being that the W750D is FHD and the X800D 4K.

I'm expressing interest in the W750D as it's quite cheap and it's FHD. I don't have any 4K media/content to consume, except a PS4 Pro, but for that I feel that HDR/WCG has more visual benefits than 4K res. I'm using the panel at desktop range, not living room/sofa range, but even at that range I'm worried 4K text is too small to read even for a 43" panel. Distance from panel is about 70-90cm.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find much info despite my searches. I am puzzled by this panel, KDL-43W750D.

According to the listing on Sony SG's website, this FullHD panel supports HDR and Wide Colour Gamut, buried under their marketing talk eg Triluminos, etc.

I am unable to find detailed specs or reviews about this panel, and rtings.com never reviewed this.

I used rting.com's recommendation of the Sony X800D/X8000D that does support HDR10 and WCG to compare with the W750D and both panels have the same Sony technologies, the only diff being that the W750D is FHD and the X800D 4K.

I'm expressing interest in the W750D as it's quite cheap and it's FHD. I don't have any 4K media/content to consume, except a PS4 Pro, but for that I feel that HDR/WCG has more visual benefits than 4K res. I'm using the panel at desktop range, not living room/sofa range, but even at that range I'm worried 4K text is too small to read even for a 43" panel. Distance from panel is about 70-90cm.

Take note, Hisense's cheap 4K TV also has HDR10.
Do note LG and Samsung's 4K TVs have the ability to upscale your videos to 4K by default making even the lowest quality content look acceptable.

Coming from HDTV to 4K, even if the content are still in 1080P like Running Man, the experience is really really different and considered as much more worth it. Movies look sharper even though it is at 1080P. But if you are comfortable with 1080P, it really is up to you. I do agree with you that the shortage of 4K with HDR content makes it not even worth it to even buy a HDR featured TV but since you have a PS4 Pro, I can understand that you are fully utilizing that feature. So that's good. Having played the games at 4K on PS4 Pro, it puts my PC with a 980Ti to shame since it does not have any upscaling technology that the PS4 Pro has. Images look sharp and exceptionally pleasing to the eyes especially with HDR that makes the faces look so natural.

Even better, in Korean dramas, you'll be able to see the Korean faces with their pimples even with their thick makeup when it was not that noticeable on my HDTV. 4K TV upscale is simply IMBA.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take note, Hisense's cheap 4K TV also has HDR10.
Do note LG and Samsung's 4K TVs have the ability to upscale your videos to 4K by default making even the lowest quality content look acceptable.

Coming from HDTV to 4K, even if the content are still in 1080P like Running Man, the experience is really really different and considered as much more worth it. Movies look sharper even though it is at 1080P. But if you are comfortable with 1080P, it really is up to you. I do agree with you that the shortage of 4K with HDR content makes it not even worth it to even buy a HDR featured TV but since you have a PS4 Pro, I can understand that you are fully utilizing that feature. So that's good. Having played the games at 4K on PS4 Pro, it puts my PC with a 980Ti to shame since it does not have any upscaling technology that the PS4 Pro has. Images look sharp and exceptionally pleasing to the eyes especially with HDR that makes the faces look so natural.

Even better, in Korean dramas, you'll be able to see the Korean faces with their pimples even with their thick makeup when it was not that noticeable on my HDTV. 4K TV upscale is simply IMBA.

Upscale picture quality still cannot beat native 4K picture from Blu ray.
Anyway TS, if you need a TV for PS4 pro.
Sony have new HDR TV for PS4 pro coming, currently only W75E/W66E
is Full HD with HDR support.
http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/televisions/W750E-W757E-Series
http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/televisions/W660E-W665E-W667E-Series
Since you don't have 4K contents, a Full HD TV will do fine.

W750D is a FHD only TV, no support for HDR.
FYI these two new models can only be seen at Sony store.
I have not seen Sony 2017 in electronic stores other than Sony store yet.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

No HDR...

http://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/televisions/w750d-series/specifications

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied!

Thanks techidiot & mrsun for the W75E/W750E tip & that W750D has no HDR I got confused. Sony's site says W750E has "HDR" and "Triluminos" etc, but do you know if the panel really does have HDR10 and Wide Colour Gamut?

Interestingly, while Sony's site lists the 43" W75E with SRP $1199, Lazada sells the 43" X800D with HDR10 and Wide Colour Gamut (as reviewed by rtings.com) for $1058 and it's a 4K panel. It's possible the W75E's prices will drop once it's more widely available.

I guess my concern is Sony's labeling of "4K HDR" (X800D) and "HDR" (W75E) are misleading marketing labels for HDR10 and HDR8 respectively. I posted a similar question in the sticky. If Sony's "HDR" is HDR10, and their other labels eg "Triluminos" etc mean it has Wide Colour Gamut, it does seem that the W75E might be the better buy if the price goes down.

Otherwise the X800D is the better buy based on the 4K feedback by lilasn?

Bottom line is I'm looking for a panel that does HDR10 and WCG, regardless of 4K or FHD. I've never heard of hisense any recommendations for a 40"/43" panel that has HDR10 and WCG? Also it sounds like a hisense panel won't have proper warranty? Eg 3 year local warranty?

EDIT: W75E going for $949 and X800D $1079 after cash rebate: http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/promotions/bravia-tv/ diff of $130 for 4K upgrade.

Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied!

Thanks techidiot & mrsun for the W75E/W750E tip & that W750D has no HDR I got confused. Sony's site says W750E has "HDR" and "Triluminos" etc, but do you know if the panel really does have HDR10 and Wide Colour Gamut?

Interestingly, while Sony's site lists the 43" W75E with SRP $1199, Lazada sells the 43" X800D with HDR10 and Wide Colour Gamut (as reviewed by rtings.com) for $1058 and it's a 4K panel. It's possible the W75E's prices will drop once it's more widely available.

I guess my concern is Sony's labeling of "4K HDR" (X800D) and "HDR" (W75E) are misleading marketing labels for HDR10 and HDR8 respectively. I posted a similar question in the sticky. If Sony's "HDR" is HDR10, and their other labels eg "Triluminos" etc mean it has Wide Colour Gamut, it does seem that the W75E might be the better buy if the price goes down.

Otherwise the X800D is the better buy based on the 4K feedback by lilasn?

Bottom line is I'm looking for a panel that does HDR10 and WCG, regardless of 4K or FHD. I've never heard of hisense any recommendations for a 40"/43" panel that has HDR10 and WCG? Also it sounds like a hisense panel won't have proper warranty? Eg 3 year local warranty?

EDIT: W75E going for $949 and X800D $1079 after cash rebate: http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/promotions/bravia-tv/ diff of $130 for 4K upgrade.

Err.. bro, before we confused with the technical terms.
Where did you learn about HDR10/8? HDR10 tech used by
PS4.

TV that support HDR should be able to support HDR10 like I mention
the 2017 Sony Bravia TV lineup since it was intended to support HDR
for PS4.

FYI my PS4 is using Sony W700C, so far the color and picture quality is superb no issue with that.
The only advantage with a TV is much higher refresh rate than PC monitor and of cuz ability to use soundbar for gaming effects.

As far as Wide Colour Gamut support Sony Bravia with TRILUMINOS should have.
Buying a new TV, considering pricing is one thing but do take note:

- Does most PS4 games support native 4K?
The answer is no, most are still rendered in 1080p.
While some are upscale to 4K.
Thus a 4K for a PS4 Pro is not really a must, 1080p should do fine.

- Where is this TV located and the viewing distance?

X8000D is cheap as they are clearing for 2017 4K model.
By far your question is the most technical and confusing one.
As if you really want to know more about HDR10 and which TV
Support such format natively.

Guess you have to speak to Sony themselves about this,
in particular the technical team behind PS4 and TV.
Which means you have to write in and email to them.

Doubt any sales people can be that so technical to explain to you.
Even I myself can't answer as I do not manufacture/design
the PS4/TV.:s22:

You be the first to go technical deep while many do not want to
to avoid confusion.

HDR term is not misleading, consumer only knows HDR.
HDR have many formats, Dolby Vision, HDR10 and etc.
But only manufacturer themselves know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if you are concern about the TV color engine.
What about your contents?
Are they streaming or from ahem sources?

As streaming picture quality can never be that as good as Blu ray or UHD not to mention ahem sources.
My point is even you get the best TV with the best technical specifications.

What about the contents you play?
Not to mention not many tuned their TV after purchase to get the most out of it.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-set-your-tv-and-get-best-picture

If you are pocket deep, ought to consider 4K projection.

HDR10 tech used by
PS4.

TV that support HDR should be able to support HDR10 like I mention
the 2017 Sony Bravia TV lineup since it was intended to support HDR
for PS4.

FYI my PS4 is using Sony W700C, so far the color and picture quality is superb no issue with that.
The only advantage with a TV is much higher refresh rate than PC monitor and of cuz ability to use soundbar for gaming effects.

As far as Wide Colour Gamut support Sony Bravia with TRILUMINOS should have.
Buying a new TV, considering pricing is one thing but do take note:

- Does most PS4 games support native 4K?
The answer is no, most are still rendered in 1080p.
While some are upscale to 4K.
Thus a 4K for a PS4 Pro is not really a must, 1080p should do fine.

- Where is this TV located and the viewing distance?

X8000D is cheap as they are clearing for 2017 4K model.
By far your question is the most technical and confusing one.
As if you really want to know more about HDR10 and which TV
Support such format natively.

Guess you have to speak to Sony themselves about this,
in particular the technical team behind PS4 and TV.
Which means you have to write in and email to them.

Doubt any sales people can be that so technical to explain to you.
Even I myself can't answer as I do not manufacture/design
the PS4/TV.:s22:

Hi techidiot. Yeah sales chaps most can't be trusted. I went into Courts today and was eyeing the Samsung KU6300K Curved 40" and asking why no stock, and the fella said not popular due to light bleed issues with curved displays. :s22:

I'm considering a HDR10 and WCG panel purely for PS4 Pro usage. No other content consumption. My 2 closest panel relatives are a Crossover 1440p 27" to pair with my 1080GTX, and a 65" FHD for SCV. Other than that, all my other content viewing is on tablet or the 65".

So for me, 4K isn't as important as good HDR+WCG. I was earlier considering either Samsung or LG, but their marketing confused me since they aren't quite consistent or specific about their specs.

But somehow I've narrowed my search down to either the Sony W750E or X800D. Based on Sony's marketing, they are virtually the same, except 4K vs FHD, and a few smaller differences like Android vs Linux, 10w vs 5w speakers and different jack boxes.

Viewing distance as mentioned is about 70-90cm desktop range, not sofa range. I understand for 4K u have to sit closer to see the diff, and there's a number given, 0.535 x diagonal panel length, so if a 4K 43" panel, then about 60cm away to view the 4K diff. I think I can manage that.

My main concern was the marketing labels of these companies and if I'm buying what I want.

Last edited:

Pl8888

Reaction score
43x8000D was selling at about $999 before discontinued , if still got new sets think better to get this instead of w750E . I using 43w800c for gaming and kodi so far so good , happy with the picture quality .

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
43x8000D was selling at about $999 before discontinued , if still got new sets think better to get this instead of w750E . I using 43w800c for gaming and kodi so far so good , happy with the picture quality .

According to this site, the x800D is not discontinued.

https://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/promotions/bravia-tv/

Shows the x800D as one of the panels on promotion @$1079. The W750E is also listed at $949, so for the same size, Sony is putting a $130 premium on the X800D. Of cuz if based on SRP, the X800D has a $600 premium over the W750E ($1799 vs $1199).

Also it's available on Lazada at around the same price as the SRP promotional price.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 8000series is the smaller bro of the 8500series if I am not mistaken. The new fullhd HRD models are for those who don't need 4k yet wants the rich color of HRD.

4k - actually refers to the number of pixels in a particular area. At 43", some say full hd is good enough. For 55" and above, I think better buy 4k

HDR - enables TVs to have brighter, more vivid colors and better contrast over standard range content.

So both are different thing. Depends on ur preference.

8000 series is the one with highest specs but older model whereas the other is newer. There should be another more impressive versions to replace the 8000 series

wkweksl

Reaction score
TS, get the X series, can always dial down the resolution. Sony's markup is always high so when they do clearance and you can get a year old 4K model at near new model FHD prices, take it.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi techidiot. Yeah sales chaps most can't be trusted. I went into Courts today and was eyeing the Samsung KU6300K Curved 40" and asking why no stock, and the fella said not popular due to light bleed issues with curved displays. :s22:

I'm considering a HDR10 and WCG panel purely for PS4 Pro usage. No other content consumption. My 2 closest panel relatives are a Crossover 1440p 27" to pair with my 1080GTX, and a 65" FHD for SCV. Other than that, all my other content viewing is on tablet or the 65".

So for me, 4K isn't as important as good HDR+WCG. I was earlier considering either Samsung or LG, but their marketing confused me since they aren't quite consistent or specific about their specs.

But somehow I've narrowed my search down to either the Sony W750E or X800D. Based on Sony's marketing, they are virtually the same, except 4K vs FHD, and a few smaller differences like Android vs Linux, 10w vs 5w speakers and different jack boxes.

Viewing distance as mentioned is about 70-90cm desktop range, not sofa range. I understand for 4K u have to sit closer to see the diff, and there's a number given, 0.535 x diagonal panel length, so if a 4K 43" panel, then about 60cm away to view the 4K diff. I think I can manage that.

My main concern was the marketing labels of these companies and if I'm buying what I want.

There is used to be PS certified TV but Sony drop it.
Cuz it is too difficult to maintain such range.
Not to worry most TV that support HDR should be able to have vivid colors.

Most here have yet tap on PS4 HDR.
I myself also planning one for my first gen PS4.

Yes first gen. PS4 support also.
My PS4 with w700c is running at 10bit color resolution.

That is why you need not worry about the 10bit color as most TV should have much higher color.

It just boil down to the equipment.
The highest I have was Sony BDP-7200 at 16 bit color Blu ray player.

At even higher bit, the picture is very vibrant and crisp.
Equipment and content still plays a crucial role so not only TV.

Sound wise, get a soundbar.
Most TV speaker aren't for gaming.
If you are buying from Sony store can ask for TV and soundbar combo.

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS, get the X series, can always dial down the resolution. Sony's markup is always high so when they do clearance and you can get a year old 4K model at near new model FHD prices, take it.

Sony has been bringing down their prices recently to be more competitive. Looking at the 43X800D, it's priced at the same or around the same price range as its competitors, for similar tiered models eg Samsung KU6300 and LG UH650T, all 43" 4K HDR panels and all priced around $1k.

Will have to go Sony Centre to check it out, cuz I was not able to find 43X800D at Courts Tampines or Best Denki IMM.

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hunting for X800D now. Courts Tampines no more. Sony Nex no more. Courts Nex only left display set, but price cut to $849. However only 1 year warranty, so I declined. Might check out Sony IMM and Denki IMM later.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hunting for X800D now. Courts Tampines no more. Sony Nex no more. Courts Nex only left display set, but price cut to $849. However only 1 year warranty, so I declined. Might check out Sony IMM and Denki IMM later.

Maybe try Mustafa

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey. Why not buy the 49 inch Samsung 4K TV 49KU6300?
I can let you know a shop where you can buy it at less than $1050.

Here's the link to more info on the TV. Samsung's marketing name for HDR10 called HDR Premium included.
http://www.samsung.com/sg/tv/KU6300/

Last edited:

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey. Why not buy the 49 inch Samsung 4K TV 49KU6300?
I can let you know a shop where you can buy it at less than $1050.

Here's the link to more info on the TV. Samsung's marketing name for HDR10 called HDR Premium included.
http://www.samsung.com/sg/tv/KU6300/

I can't take 49" cuz using at desktop range. 43" is over max for me but I close one eye actually prefer 40".

But according to rtings.com the KU6300 does not support WCG. It does support 10-bit colour tho but not WCG. I was earlier eyeing the 43KU6300 curved at Courts for 9xx as well as the LG43UH650T which also supports 10-bit colour but it also doesn't support WCG, that's why I ended up eyeing the Sony x8000d which supports everything but is discontinued in SG as they make way for 2017 models.

wkweksl

Reaction score
Sony has been bringing down their prices recently to be more competitive. Looking at the 43X800D, it's priced at the same or around the same price range as its competitors, for similar tiered models eg Samsung KU6300 and LG UH650T, all 43" 4K HDR panels and all priced around $1k.

Will have to go Sony Centre to check it out, cuz I was not able to find 43X800D at Courts Tampines or Best Denki IMM.

Probably priced to clear. Sony actually running a promo until end April so not sure why there seems to be limited stocks.

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also went to IMM Sony and Denki then Big Box and Courts Westgate. All no stock except Courts display set @849 1 year warranty and Big Box said they making way for 2017 models.

However I checked, the 2017 models has a newer x8000e but it won't be priced to clear. Might just buy the Lazada one with coupon.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also went to IMM Sony and Denki then Big Box and Courts Westgate. All no stock except Courts display set @849 1 year warranty and Big Box said they making way for 2017 models.

However I checked, the 2017 models has a newer x8000e but it won't be priced to clear. Might just buy the Lazada one with coupon.

That one for sure will not be cheap, maybe at the start maybe around $1.8k.
Have you check 313 outlet?
If not post on Sony SG facebook see can placed order for that model or not.

Currently X8000D 43" is around $1k which is really a steal for 4K TV.
Cheers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.