SAMSUNG UHD UA55JU6600 vs LG OLED TV 55EG910T

NIte_anGEL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advise while having a headache comparing this two models..

Can anyone care to share some experience pls?

Thx thx

kirotic

Reaction score
review

the good of oled equally adept in bright and dark rooms, showed accurate color, and looks better from off-angle than any LED LCD. Its 1080p resolution is plenty for a 55-inch screen. The TV looks striking in person, with organic curves and an insane 0.25-inch depth on most of its body.

but if u want to compare with samsung it should be js9000
as they got the nao - crystal colour

rohitntu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advise while having a headache comparing this two models..

Can anyone care to share some experience pls?

Thx thx

Go for the OLED. It's night and day vs the LCDs. Even the best LCD in the market today, the Samsung JS9500 is not as good as the OLED, close but not as good.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, from what I heard is that OLED has lower lifespan and suffer from burn-in. But still.. I'm not sure how bad this situation is. It all depends on your requirement and budget. If I were to look for a 55" 4K TV, I *might* just wanna splurge and get a $5.5K OLED. And if you're looking for a 1080p unit, you might just as well get the OLED ($2K+?).
I'm hunting for a 65" 4K unit and I rather just get the SUHD for $5.8K instead of the $9.7K OLED.

And also back to requirements.. OLED blacks are perfect. BUT, do you really need that perfection? Do you watch TV in pitch dark conditions? I've tested the SUHD JS9000 in pitch dark room and I was pretty happy. Not perfect.. but impressive. The top and bottom black bars are almost non-existent for anamorphic content :)

rohitntu

Reaction score
Well, from what I heard is that OLED has lower lifespan and suffer from burn-in. But still.. I'm not sure how bad this situation is. It all depends on your requirement and budget. If I were to look for a 55" 4K TV, I *might* just wanna splurge and get a $5.5K OLED. And if you're looking for a 1080p unit, you might just as well get the OLED ($2K+?).
I'm hunting for a 65" 4K unit and I rather just get the SUHD for $5.8K instead of the $9.7K OLED.

And also back to requirements.. OLED blacks are perfect. BUT, do you really need that perfection? Do you watch TV in pitch dark conditions? I've tested the SUHD JS9000 in pitch dark room and I was pretty happy. Not perfect.. but impressive. The top and bottom black bars are almost non-existent for anamorphic content :)

I have both the 65JS9500 and the LG 65 EG960T, and it's night and day between the two. The JS9500 is clearly the best amongst the LCDs available from the 2015 models. It's not just the black levels, it's also just how motion looks. OLEDs are closest to the Plasma TVs which used to be best. LCDs always have been a compromise.

No issues with burn-in, it's not as bad as the Plasmas. Also, unless you watch the TV 24x7, the screen time is plenty to last you 10 odd years. By then, your TV will be really old and obsolete anyway.

Your price is also way off. The JS9500 and 960T are a lot closer price wise. You get what you pay for I guess. If you care about quality get the OLED, if you don't, just get a cheap LCD.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
I have both the 65JS9500 and the LG 65 EG960T, and it's night and day between the two. The JS9500 is clearly the best amongst the LCDs available from the 2015 models. It's not just the black levels, it's also just how motion looks. OLEDs are closest to the Plasma TVs which used to be best. LCDs always have been a compromise.

No issues with burn-in, it's not as bad as the Plasmas. Also, unless you watch the TV 24x7, the screen time is plenty to last you 10 odd years. By then, your TV will be really old and obsolete anyway.

Your price is also way off. The JS9500 and 960T are a lot closer price wise. You get what you pay for I guess. If you care about quality get the OLED, if you don't, just get a cheap LCD.

The 65JS9500 cost about $6.2K - 6.5K now. How much does the 960T cost?
For 55". It's worth getting an OLED as compared to a high end LCD. Not too sure about 65" though, pricewise.

rohitntu

Reaction score
The 65JS9500 cost about $6.2K - 6.5K now. How much does the 960T cost?
For 55". It's worth getting an OLED as compared to a high end LCD. Not too sure about 65" though, pricewise.

I got my 65JS9500 for 5530S$ back in December. Prices should have fallen since then.

I got the 65 OLED 960T for 7800 S$ with a bunch of freebies, HDMI cables, 3D glasses, etc.

Go to Harvey Norman, and trade in all the free gifts they will offer you.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my 65JS9500 for 5530S$ back in December. Prices should have fallen since then.

I got the 65 OLED 960T for 7800 S$ with a bunch of freebies, HDMI cables, 3D glasses, etc.

Go to Harvey Norman, and trade in all the free gifts they will offer you.

Thats a darn good deal ya got there for the JS9500. I ordered my JS9000 for $5.3 with 5yrs warranty.. and this deal was already so hard to get :(

rohitntu

Reaction score
Thats a darn good deal ya got there for the JS9500. I ordered my JS9000 for $5.3 with 5yrs warranty.. and this deal was already so hard to get :(

The JS9000 is only edge-lit, so not as good as the JS9500 which has local dimming. The OLED has pixel based local dimming, so that's Super awesome!

The prices vary so much. I've consistently found Harvey Norman to be the cheapest, some branches, not all.

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
The JS9000 is only edge-lit, so not as good as the JS9500 which has local dimming. The OLED has pixel based local dimming, so that's Super awesome!

The prices vary so much. I've consistently found Harvey Norman to be the cheapest, some branches, not all.

Yup, aware of the dimming varieties. The 9500 would be a better choice, but I guess I initially got influenced by Rtings.com and didn't quite like the blooming effect around bright objects.

Anyways, too late. Just set up my TV and I'm happy. OLED next time for sure!!

Btw, did you get the extended warranty from HN?

Arcanell

Reaction score
bought the UA55JU6600 2 months ago from HN at around 2299. Comes with free blu-ray player + extended warranty (additional charge). nowadays electronics are not as reliable as before

MasK

Master Member
Reaction score
If Js9000 $3400 without free gifts is this consider good deal?

If it's 55", it's a pretty decent deal.
I've seen it selling at $41xx displayed price. So if you minus out ~$600 for free gift, it's $3500. Upon negotiations, yes $3400 is possible.

If it's 65", buy now! :)

rohitntu

Reaction score
Yup, aware of the dimming varieties. The 9500 would be a better choice, but I guess I initially got influenced by Rtings.com and didn't quite like the blooming effect around bright objects.

Anyways, too late. Just set up my TV and I'm happy. OLED next time for sure!!

Btw, did you get the extended warranty from HN?

Enjoy your JS9000. It's a great TV as well.

The OLEDs will be a lot more mature and cheaper in 2-3 years. It's definitely the future.

I didn't get the extended warranty as frankly after 3 years, the TV would be obsolete enough that if it dies, it's time for an upgrade!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.