Sharp Aquos LED TV discussion thread (consolidated)

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just order my LE640X 60" at Best Denki for $2,899 this evening. Other than 2% (abt $58) rebate from OCBC, they oso throw in the sound bar HT-SB60 ($349). I oso get the 5 yr extended warranty.
Reason why I choose Sharp due to the matt screen (been going to numerous expo show & comparing LG6700, Samsung, etc) cos my tv console is facing the window directly and my family has been "SUFFERING" for the past 2 years on the current Samsung 40" plasma which is super reflective....anyway hope to enjoy super big screen tis coming sunday 3rd (just 1 wk b4 CNY).....^-^

wahahha!!! i using 52" in my common, already enjoying it man. i'm sure you'll love your 60. the bigger the better.

never noticed the matt design. cause i faced my tv away from the windows.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was accompany my cousin to shop for tv at Harvey Norman Millenia walk today. Sharp 39" is selling at only $501 n 32" at only $317. Great deals. N he went for the 39" full HD instead. Next closer price is Panasonic 39" at only $539 if I'm not wrong. But was told that it is unable to play videos on USB.

wa! price drop so fast. sianz.... half a year ago, i got it for $579. :(

do note that the 39" does not have quarttron.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do take note that sharp provides free wall mount installation in case your sales person never informed you.

if it's extendable type of wall mount, then there is extra charge.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sharp 39" was selling at $469 months back in courts online. ;)

sciFiLuLLabies

Reaction score
hi, have the lc80844. i faced this issue when i connected the bluray direct to tv via hdmi. cos there was difference in 3d quality when video pass thru receiver.

so i used the tv to optical to bose receiver. based on the effect i get, i will say 5.1 works.

Thanks..I will only gonna try it next month i guess..
thinking of adding the sonos playbar ..

meanwhile..anybody knows how to connect the DNLA thing with macbook ?
been facing deadend for a while then i gave up..:s22:

snowsamp

Reaction score
Anyone knows why when i use HDMI cable to connect my sharp TV to my PC the image i get is very bad but when I use VGA it's ok?

I've tried changing resolution, tv settings, new cables, new graphics card etc.

snowsamp

Reaction score
Anyone knows why when i use HDMI cable to connect my sharp TV to my PC the image i get is very bad but when I use VGA it's ok?

anyone experienced this before? :s11:

ah_low

Reaction score

Change your pc output setting ?

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i don't have this issue when connecting to my sharp 52".

u tried connecting to another tv before?

crazysafari

Reaction score
Hi, is your cousin happy with the 39" Sharp LED. I am considering it as well but its only 50hz rfresh so watching sports etc would be an issue i guess with the lag. Hows the experience so far. Anything free with the TV from HN?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is your cousin happy with the 39" Sharp LED. I am considering it as well but its only 50hz rfresh so watching sports etc would be an issue i guess with the lag. Hows the experience so far. Anything free with the TV from HN?

HN was selling this for $499 during the past 2 days.....no freebies. Might wanna check if this promo still available.

colterr

Reaction score
Saw the sharp 39" at Harvey expo sales for $429 n a 46" le835 3D n smart model for 1099. Definitely good prices for bro who r looking for tv.

TheDarkKnight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but their quality gd anot?

sharp always haf cheap n huge TVs, but their quality really isnt desirable

avsacc

Reaction score
but their quality gd anot?

sharp always haf cheap n huge TVs, but their quality really isnt desirable

The 835 model should be decent. It's their quattron line up. So call their top rangen tv. Anyway if 46" is really selling at 1099. Grab it! Definitely very cheap.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Now at HN expo, 835 model confirm is $1099 but there's no display demo shown, its in the box~ cash n carry~ :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.