Smart TV is dead.....

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's expected, which is why I am never interested in getting any proprietary 'SMART' features, knowing no one will want to keep on maintaining those obsolete models and firmware...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's expected, which is why I am never interested in getting any proprietary 'SMART' features, knowing no one will want to keep on maintaining those obsolete models and firmware...

For LG, they are having their standard apps only but they do update their firmware. You get more apps in the case of an android Tv box.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android box is more convenient and just click the app. Computer is bulky.

PCs don't necessary need to be mid/mini tower. They can be as small (or smaller) as your hand palm. And with Windows, you will gain access to an universal range of programs and apps in a few clicks.

oric1

Reaction score
PCs don't necessary need to be mid/mini tower. They can be as small (or smaller) as your hand palm. And with Windows, you will gain access to an universal range of programs and apps in a few clicks.

Yah like this one which I got free from Starhub, even small than Android box.

intelcomputestick-100577510-large.jpg

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android box is more convenient and just click the app. Computer is bulky.

ever heard of Intel NUC?

of course there are only a few minority would buy a NUC for media purposes when android already can do it just by paying less than a $100.

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
F series is from Samsung's 2013 range. Since 2015, Samsung has already started using Tizen OS on their Smart TVs, so i don't find it surprising that they have stopped development of apps on their old and defunct platforms.

This is the same on my LG TVs, after the introduction of WebOS on their TVs a couple of years ago, development of apps on their old Netcast based platform has more or less died off.

Anyway it is the quality of the apps, not the quantity of the apps i believe in. I am currently using Samsung's 2015 and 2016 models. Pretty happy with the apps they offer such as Youtube, Netflix, Toggle......which is really what matters to me. In fact, Samsung just released the Eleven Sports app just last friday.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway it is the quality of the apps, not the quantity of the apps i believe in. I am currently using Samsung's 2015 and 2016 models. Pretty happy with the apps they offer such as Youtube, Netflix, Toggle......which is really what matters to me. In fact, Samsung just released the Eleven Sports app just last friday.

What are the good Apps for Samsung TV? Me only using YouTube and Toggle.. any other Apps with good free contents?

kelccm

Reaction score
I'm happy just with Netflix, Youtube and Toggle app on my TV. For others, I use a mini PC connected to my TV and Logitech combo keyboard/mouse pad to control.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.