Sony TV problem after software update 22 Feb

anandram

Reaction score
Same here, service man just complete and TV is working well!:)

Replaced Mother board and used his thumb-drive to update the TV.

Software version 5.1.1. Not "Marshmallow" :s11:

anandram

Reaction score
What’s your opinion guys about Android update, shall I do the update again or leave as it is???

nwh_sg

Reaction score
What’s your opinion guys about Android update, shall I do the update again or leave as it is???

There is no update available. I was curious and I clicked "check for update" and there is none.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who successfully updated before Sony Singapore pulled the firmware, which TV models are you using?

pclow59

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who successfully updated before Sony Singapore pulled the firmware, which TV models are you using?

Mine is 2015 X830C , 43". No issue after update the firmware

Last edited:

me|zuo

Reaction score
KDL-43W800C, bought 3 month ago

TV prompt to update software on saturday afternoon. left it for update, usually after 30min or so, it will complete and turn off. But after an hour, update completed and the illumination light started flashing green and amber. no sound no image.

google but cant find what it means when it flashing green and amber. so posted in sony forum (no customer service support on saturday afternoon and sunday). 1 member replied saying there are user complaining on the same issue in sony uk forum
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/and...update-amber-green-blinking-leds/td-p/2297822

Monday, call customer service at around 9.10am. cso recommend to do hard reset, which i rejected (becos on uk forum, ppl had tried and it does not work).

Last edited:

me|zuo

Reaction score
requested for technician to come fix it. says no available slot and have to wait till tuesday afternoon.

technician came on tuesday, did not ask what happened. and replace the motherboard and update the software using USB stick. not sure if the motherboard is new or refurbished.

chit chat with technician, realize they are not sony staff but are sub-con. told him that other users are experiencing same issue and he is not aware of this.

TV is fixed after 45min. i then call sony to seek clarification on why the faulty software was rolled out without being check. and cso unable to reply.

me|zuo

Reaction score
CSO say need check with management and will call me back within an hour. but didnt. called them again but still unable to provide and explanation. told them to drop me a mail to update me.

within 30 minutes, the same CSO reply via email, no explanation given.

"We are sorry to hear that you have experience issue with the Android update on your TV KDL-43W800C.

Sony is aware the symptoms experienced and Sony is continuing their investigations in regards to this issue at topmost priority.

Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience cause"

Last edited:

me|zuo

Reaction score
Overall experience on sony

Customer Service: BAD. Twice, they promised to call me on my mobile, but failed on both occasion. we are talking about reputable MNC here.

Product: this tv of mine is 3 months old and will be the last sony tv for me.

sony Forum: i see mod responding to other posts, but mostly their advice is to call customer service (not really useful). and the strange thing is, none came to post at my thread.

Today, thursday. received an email informing me that a moderator posted a reply in my thread. went to take a look but cant see any message :s8::s8::s8:

tv not functioning for almost entire weekend, had to take half day leave in order to get the tv fixed by technician. root cause is due to sony releasing a crappy update that had not been properly tested.

no self-fix solution yet. see uk forum
http://community.sony.com/t5/Televi...on-led-flashing-KDL-43W800C/m-p/619073#M19303

if anyone is considering buy sony tv, dun consider twice but thrice :s13::s13::s13:

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overall experience on sony

Customer Service: BAD. Twice, they promised to call me on my mobile, but failed on both occasion. we are talking about reputable MNC here.

Product: this tv of mine is 3 months old and will be the last sony tv for me.

sony Forum: i see mod responding to other posts, but mostly their advice is to call customer service (not really useful). and the strange thing is, none came to post at my thread.

Today, thursday. received an email informing me that a moderator posted a reply in my thread. went to take a look but cant see any message :s8::s8::s8:

tv not functioning for almost entire weekend, had to take half day leave in order to get the tv fixed by technician. root cause is due to sony releasing a crappy update that had not been properly tested.

no self-fix solution yet. see uk forum
http://community.sony.com/t5/Televi...on-led-flashing-KDL-43W800C/m-p/619073#M19303

if anyone is considering buy sony tv, dun consider twice but thrice :s13::s13::s13:

Don't need to consider, just skip.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Just realised the update icon is on my home screen.

Not sure if this is the 'safe' firmware since someone mentioned that the icon was briefly taken down after the reports of malfunctions surfaced after updating.

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Just realised the update icon is on my home screen.

Not sure if this is the 'safe' firmware since someone mentioned that the icon was briefly taken down after the reports of malfunctions surfaced after updating.

What model is your TV? Maybe you can try and update us =:p:D

Or you may want to call Sony just to be sure.

Note: If the icon is a "TV Software Update" that appears on the Feature Apps, then it's not a prompt for you to update the TV, it just brings you to Sony update website.

Carbine90

Reaction score
have my tv on auto update all the while. on 55x8500d . no issue.

however i got problem with my sony home theatre system :<
surround sound, rear right speaker wireless couldnt be detected by the soundbar.
already sent in to sony service center. 1week alr still haven fix :<

was bought on 1st week of jan. moved in after cny, deployed soundbar, then only realise got the issue. bought from vivocity best denki.
sony cso say my system is already 1year old from shipping date :\
but no issue on warranty claim as i still have my receipt from best denki

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Good news.

Capture_zpsalyrgmbg.jpg

Song dah! :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.