tv with no audio output jack

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? You should always have a 3.5mm stereo jack mah... the TV will cater to people who want to use the TV with headphones mah... so far there aren't any headphones that use HDMI or USB that are common or mainstream at this point as far as I am aware of... maybe you can post your TV model for us to have a look... it's quite strange that you don't even have a 3.5 mm stereo jack... and most TVs, even the very high end ones still have RCA (red & white) audio jacks... there should also be component jacks as well...

twotwobravo

Reaction score
Best denki selling a rca / optical convertor , around 60 bucks. It will link you old sound system to your new tv.

imohan1911

Reaction score
These new Smart TV are doing away with the anologue output. I was also at a lost when my new TV did not come with analogue output. Anyway I believe there should be an Optical out. You could purchase a Digital to Analogue converter to solve your problem. I have purchased the DAC from Q10 @$35 but no time to test it out yet.

imohan1911

Reaction score
These new Smart TV are doing away with the anologue output. I was also at a lost when my new TV did not come with analogue output. Anyway I believe there should be an Optical out. You could purchase a Digital to Analogue converter to solve your problem. I have purchased the DAC from Q10 @$35 but no time to test it out yet.

Hooked up the DAC to my TV and now TV sound played thru Creative Roar:s12:

yanfxl

Reaction score
Hi imohan1911,

How do you control the volume? can't use the TV remote control anymore right?

Possible to show a photo of your setup?

Thx.

imohan1911

Reaction score
Hi imohan1911,

How do you control the volume? can't use the TV remote control anymore right?

Possible to show a photo of your setup?

Thx.

The volume control will have to be managed from the amplified speaker. Sorry cant show you a photo now as i have temporarily disconnected as my family members complain too loud. Will remember to take a pic of it over the weekend when i am in the mood to listen to home theatre sound.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.