TV repair discussion thread (consolidated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas32

Reaction score
my akira tv went crazy I on it, it will off n on n off n on again. if send for repair at akira at least $145. worth?

Your Akira is LCD type? one of component from power supply is going to die..:D
that's one of the symptom though.:s7:

sHaDy69

Master Member
Reaction score
Your Akira is LCD type? one of component from power supply is going to die..:D
that's one of the symptom though.:s7:

yea the LCD type... can I fix it myself?

If you were to buy a new set of the same size how much would it cost? Compare that to repairing the TV.

hmm. I was thinking of upgrading to a Sony led 1.3k with 3-5 year warranty. if repair nt sure how much it will be but akira is charging $145 for repair cost excluding the cost of parts but 1 month warranty. I scare repair liao spoil again lol

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm. I was thinking of upgrading to a Sony led 1.3k with 3-5 year warranty. if repair nt sure how much it will be but akira is charging $145 for repair cost excluding the cost of parts but 1 month warranty. I scare repair liao spoil again lol

How much did you pay for the TV? The repairs inclusive of parts could run to a few hundred in which case you can use it to pay for a new 32" TV which costs around $400.

leumas32

Reaction score
yea the LCD type... can I fix it myself?

If you know how to use multimeter yes you can....:)
But many member here adviced better to buy a new one than to repair because some LCD tv parts are rare and expensive including repair servicing.
If you plan to buy one, you can sell to me.... Just let me know.

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there's high pitched noise coming from the right side of my LED tv

it's only there when TV is on standby. so strange.

anyone knows the cause ?

leumas32

Reaction score
there's high pitched noise coming from the right side of my LED tv

it's only there when TV is on standby. so strange.

anyone knows the cause ?

Just my guestimation... remove out those magnetic metals or Speakers with big magnet near to your LED TV

sHaDy69

Master Member
Reaction score
If you know how to use multimeter yes you can....:)
But many member here adviced better to buy a new one than to repair because some LCD tv parts are rare and expensive including repair servicing.
If you plan to buy one, you can sell to me.... Just let me know.

pm u but u nv reply lol

leumas32

Reaction score
My Toshiba LCD has incured a problem.

When I tun on the picture appears fine then after 1 min it goes into standby mode & the power LED is flashing.

What's wrong with it.

Anybody experience it before?

Your mainboard is defective and need a replacement.

leumas32

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a projector TV that needs to be repaired. Image distorted (typical of old tv?), can see double image.

Any recommendations please? Need house-calls as the tv too big to be transported.
Thanks!

I have repaired one Philip projector type TV here at my house, if you want this kind of TV please come to my place and collect it but I need 50 SGD. :)

PM me if really interested.

leumas32

Reaction score
My 3 yr old LG 32" LCD just went silent. There's picture but no sound (even in all input modes and it's not on mute).

Just need help for me to decide if it's worthwhile getting it repaired or just buy a new one....

Your mainboard is faulty and need a replacement. It will cost your alot, I suggest better buy a new one. ;)

Xamer1997

Reaction score
Hi, for repair services, you can try Nautical Electronics at Ubin Ave 3, tel 62971797 & 62942374.

This one I actual pick up from this forums many years ago. I have used their service a few time n recommended to friends. So far so good.

Just to share in respond to Bro touchme #52.

p.s. I am not related in anyway with this shop except being their customer.

faifystoes

Reaction score
Repair or not to repair?

Hi, my 4 year Sharp Aquos 37 LCD conked out on me. There is just a black screen on all inputs but there is sound. When i switch it on and off, the picture comes on for about 2 secs before going black.

Called Sharp but it's going to cost me $62 just to get a quick diagnostic and quote. Anyone has any advice? I know cost of TVs now quite cheap but to junk a TV like that just a bit heart pain.

Appreciate any advice.

petetherock

Reaction score
That's not a lot for a diagnostic review. If it is a small part change, it's worth it.
Otherwise a new 40" set can be had for < $800.

kakapone

Reaction score
Samsung LCD 32" very slow to start-up

Hopefully some body can help me on this. I have samsung 32" LCD TV, model LA32A330J1XXS which already 3 year, meaning don't have anymore warranty.

The problem i am facing is the TV is very slow to start-up, meaning when press on button, it take sometime up to 15 minutes just to on it.

Anybody can help?

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Hopefully some body can help me on this. I have samsung 32" LCD TV, model LA32A330J1XXS which already 3 year, meaning don't have anymore warranty.

The problem i am facing is the TV is very slow to start-up, meaning when press on button, it take sometime up to 15 minutes just to on it.

Anybody can help?

Seems a number of complaints on Samsung 32" TVs from 2-3 years ago due to bad caps on the PSU. I'd suggest you start there, check for any bulges on the top of the caps.

joanlee

Reaction score
Hi, my 4 year Sharp Aquos 37 LCD conked out on me. There is just a black screen on all inputs but there is sound. When i switch it on and off, the picture comes on for about 2 secs before going black.

Called Sharp but it's going to cost me $62 just to get a quick diagnostic and quote. Anyone has any advice? I know cost of TVs now quite cheap but to junk a TV like that just a bit heart pain.

Appreciate any advice.

Yours was $62 only ? I was quoted $90+ (b4 gst) for my 42" and it is just over 3 yrs. So what did you finally do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.