HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #16

[QUOTE=produde1999;105663524]I no longer recommend xiaomi tv. Knn every year released new one.

blade39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #17

[QUOTE=blade39;105667444]That the norm... Those big brand also every year release new model.

produde1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:46 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Xiaomi Mi TV 2 55" is great. The MIUI for the TV is not bad.

There is a support group on HWZ already :
Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

I decided to buy from a local agent here (paid about $200-$300 more) because I only have to pay them when they deliver the TV, power it up and show that the TV is ok. I heard that recovery via those shipping agent can be quite difficult (heard only, cannot confirm).

Plus they does offer some local support. When you need any help, can Whatsapp them and they do reply, although they may not reply immediately.

The Xiaomi Player app is really good. Can see this short demo :

The bad is it is in Chinese text and many of us do not understand chinese.
LOL! When you say "many of us", which category of people are you referring to?

This is Chinese song, so it display Chinese lyrics mah. If I were to play English song, then it'll display English lyrics lah. LOL!

Simple logic right?
Old 13-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #19

My toshiba LED tv which i bought 3.5 years ago recently started to display an error message whenever i switched it on. The message shown is "Usb over current status detected. Please remove the USB and unplug your tv."

Previously it only show this once in a while. Now is almost every time I switched it on. Almost with a few push on the remote control button can clear this message away, it's still annoying especially my old mother doesn't know how to clear it. I checked online and it seems appears that many users overseas faced the same issues.
I called up toshiba in Singapore, and they directed me to their outsourced service. Over the phone, i explained my issue. The lady was very courteous. But the repair cost don't come cheap. The PCB board need to be replaced and it costs $160.
Anybody faced the same issue as well? And I must say, it spoiled my confidence in Japanese goods. They're supposed to be very durable and reliable.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 06:18 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

My toshiba LED tv which i bought 3.5 years ago recently started to display an error message whenever i switched it on. The message shown is "Usb over current status detected. Please remove the USB and unplug your tv."

Previously it only show this once in a while. Now is almost every time I switched it on. Almost with a few push on the remote control button can clear this message away, it's still annoying especially my old mother doesn't know how to clear it. I checked online and it seems appears that many users overseas faced the same issues.
I called up toshiba in Singapore, and they directed me to their outsourced service. Over the phone, i explained my issue. The lady was very courteous. But the repair cost don't come cheap. The PCB board need to be replaced and it costs $160.
Anybody faced the same issue as well? And I must say, it spoiled my confidence in Japanese goods. They're supposed to be very durable and reliable.
Ever since the last LG TV (more expensive model) I bought last time round that spoilt 40 days after the 3yrs warranty expired, I lose faith in the so-called branded TVs liao.

Warraty expired, so LLST. But heng, managed to sell the spoilt TV for $100 on Carousell.

Then I bought :

1. SkyWorth 42" LED IPS hard panel TV for about $428 (Mar 2015)
In bedroom, watched about average 1-2hrs/day.

2. Xiaomi Mi TV 2 55" 4K IPS TV for about $1.4K+ (Aug 2015)
In the hall, watched about average 4-5hrs/day.

The usage of the Xiaomi Mi TV 2 is about double of the SkyWorth TV.

So if the Mi TV 2 last >3yrs and Skyworth last >6yrs, I will no longer pay more for the so-called branded liao.
Old 15-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #21

Ever since the last LG TV (more expensive model) I bought last time round that spoilt 40 days after the 3yrs warranty expired, I lose faith in the so-called branded TVs liao.

Warraty expired, so LLST. But heng, managed to sell the spoilt TV for $100 on Carousell.

Then I bought :

1. SkyWorth 42" LED IPS hard panel TV for about $428 (Mar 2015)
In bedroom, watched about average 1-2hrs/day.

2. Xiaomi Mi TV 2 55" 4K IPS TV for about $1.4K+ (Aug 2015)
In the hall, watched about average 4-5hrs/day.

The usage of the Xiaomi Mi TV 2 is about double of the SkyWorth TV.

So if the Mi TV 2 last >3yrs and Skyworth last >6yrs, I will no longer pay more for the so-called branded liao.
Shortly after i bought this Toshiba TV, xiaomi started to produce TVs. I always wanted to buy a xiaomi tv or LETV. I've used both brands of phones and quite happy with the user experience.
Btw, you used ezbuy to ship in the xiaomi tv?
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Shortly after i bought this Toshiba TV, xiaomi started to produce TVs. I always wanted to buy a xiaomi tv or LETV. I've used both brands of phones and quite happy with the user experience.
Btw, you used ezbuy to ship in the xiaomi tv?
No. If you want to make claim against Ezbuy, can be very difficult.

Considering the price of the item, I decided to buy from local seller. Yes, it'll be more expensive by about $200-$400. But I only pay when the TV reaches my house, power up, test, everything ok and then I pay cash.

Plus if there are any software issue, can contact them for some help.

But if you really need help, can check out :

Part 1 :
Xiaomi MiTV2 help

Part 2 :
Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]
Old 17-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #23

Sorry, since this is a repair thread, let me hijack a bit.

My 55" LED TV front panel has a lot of horizontal lines running across. Upon close look, it seems the panel has been 'heated' causing the plastic to melt giving off a bad smell. Is there a way to replace just the very front panel? I supposed the actual LED panel is ok as I can watch programs.

Situation will be like your phone font screen is cracked but you still can surf net except with the cracked lines hindering you.
rsrsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry, since this is a repair thread, let me hijack a bit.

My 55" LED TV front panel has a lot of horizontal lines running across. Upon close look, it seems the panel has been 'heated' causing the plastic to melt giving off a bad smell. Is there a way to replace just the very front panel? I supposed the actual LED panel is ok as I can watch programs.

Situation will be like your phone font screen is cracked but you still can surf net except with the cracked lines hindering you.
If got picture or video will be even better. For phone, there is another layer which is the "touchscreen" layer. But for TV, not sure liao.
Old 18-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #25
Master Member

Wow, sounds scary... did a quick search on the web and found this which seems related to your observation:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...-LED/td-p/5436
kun1he2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 03:30 AM   #26
Master Member

Anyone know of reliable parts supplier in SG? Need power board for a SHARP and T-con board for another TOSHIBA.
dango_daikazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #27
Master Member

Is there a way to repair Sharp Aquos LCD TV panel polarized film ? Some part of my TV LCD panel sort of pop up.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

LOL! When you say "many of us", which category of people are you referring to?

This is Chinese song, so it display Chinese lyrics mah. If I were to play English song, then it'll display English lyrics lah. LOL!

Simple logic right?
Guess he means those Banana people la (yellow outside, white inside).
Guess since the price is so close to major brand with full features (eg, DBVT2 tuner and 3 years warranty). My choice will be other major band then purchase a extra Xiaomi media box externally.

Yes, do note firmware is Chinese base. So is just not a matter of different in song lyrics displayed in Chinese or English.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:59 PM   #29

LG LV4230

Hi, I have a similar problem with above Tv and saw some of you provided some quote to others.

LG 42LV3730. The power light on for a while then fade away n it on again n fade away a few seconds later. No picture or sound but can hear clicking sound when on power.
From reading the past post it seem cause is main board?
Any cost for it to be repair by non LG people?

Advise or quote greatly appreciated..

Regards.
anderson08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:32 AM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guess he means those Banana people la (yellow outside, white inside).
Guess since the price is so close to major brand with full features (eg, DBVT2 tuner and 3 years warranty). My choice will be other major band then purchase a extra Xiaomi media box externally.

Yes, do note firmware is Chinese base. So is just not a matter of different in song lyrics displayed in Chinese or English.
Yah lah. Uncle like me and people from my era are still ok with Chinese.

Actually, my Mi TV 2 is running in English already. But yes, can just get an international Xiaomi Mi Box and use it with any TV.

Lyrics of songs will be displayed based on the language of the song.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.