HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

TV repair discussion thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #61
Supremacy Member

Imho be prepared to replace after 3 year warranty or get extended warranty. TV technology is like early days of the pc. Tech becomes obsolete very fast. Can get cheaper and better. Just replaced my 42" fhd TV with a 49" uhd which cost much less.
Feels a bit wasteful... the TV still looks new... minus the layer of dust.

samsung got back to me
80 to evaluate
160 to fix
spare parts, separate/additional costing

... $240 minimum to fix. If spare part too ex and don't go ahead, still lose the $80.
lobo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #62
Master Member

Feels a bit wasteful... the TV still looks new... minus the layer of dust.

samsung got back to me
80 to evaluate
160 to fix
spare parts, separate/additional costing

... $240 minimum to fix. If spare part too ex and don't go ahead, still lose the $80.
Go youtube and search for Samsung TV reboot or restart issue. You might find the fix there.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #63

My Sony Bravia 46inch spoiled after serving us for 6yrs, engaged a technician to check, result is the panel spoit, if replace it will cost $480 quoted by the him. He told me not worth to repair, so I paid him $40 for the transportation and labor.
Can any kind soul advise me if it's worth to repair, or r there any cheaper ways to repair it?
Thanks
Cat
catvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #64

Samsung screen crack

Hi, my samsung tv screen crack.. im looking to change the lcd.. any advise? or anyone have spoil samsung tv that can give me the panel? just buy last year and still paying courts installment..
babbbb_rooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

better buy new one.
repair cost also not cheap and not guarantee the set can tahan for how many more years.
delceer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #66
Supremacy Member

Go youtube and search for Samsung TV reboot or restart issue. You might find the fix there.
Thanks for the suggestion. The TV reboots so fast, I have no time to menu through to the reset option...

I did manage to glimpse the final part of the menu where the reset option is supposed to be (according to instruction by the samsung helpdesk) ... and found the reset option is missing anyway.
Old 21-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #67
Supremacy Member

My Sony Bravia 46inch spoiled after serving us for 6yrs, engaged a technician to check, result is the panel spoit, if replace it will cost $480 quoted by the him. He told me not worth to repair, so I paid him $40 for the transportation and labor.
Can any kind soul advise me if it's worth to repair, or r there any cheaper ways to repair it?
Thanks
Cat
Is that 'technician' freelance? Otherwise, $40 to come and evaluate seems rather cheap (samsung charges $80).
if freelance, don't mind pm me the contact? See if he can fix my samsung or not.
Old 21-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #68
Master Member

Thanks for the suggestion. The TV reboots so fast, I have no time to menu through to the reset option...

I did manage to glimpse the final part of the menu where the reset option is supposed to be (according to instruction by the samsung helpdesk) ... and found the reset option is missing anyway.
You manage to go to the service menu using the remote ?

peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #69

Actually, it is the hardware of the TV, u reset how many time also the same.

Samsung is just like Microsoft, if have problem, first thingy ask their customer to factory reset.

blade39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #70

LG 32LH20R

I tried to repair this LG tv as it does not have power at all.
Ending up making it worse. One of the psu connector is spoilt.
Now I could not do anything unless get a replacement for the psu plus the connector.
So, I wanted to see if anyone here has a same model and want to sell it for spare parts.
Screen crack is ok, As long as it has power.
henryloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 09:53 PM   #71

just recently bought an LG OLED 55" in Feb, justr opened it up today and there is a dent in the middle top part of the bezel and red line across. called gain city and tomorrow they will inform LG and give me an update. anyone have experience with such cases and was it exchanged or rectified?
darr3n87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #72
Great Supremacy Member

eh. my 32" samsung tv sound spoil liao. i mean still can hear but very fuzzy/distorted and the volume i turn on to 30-40 then can hear more clearly though still fuzzy.

any place can repair just the sound. if cheap then can consider, if not then no point. any recommendation?

Last edited by BlackCube; 02-04-2017 at 05:45 PM..
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #73
Master Member

eh. my 32" samsung tv sound spoil liao. i mean still can hear but very fuzzy/distorted and the volume i turn on to 30-40 then can hear more clearly though still fuzzy.

any place can repair just the sound. if cheap then can consider, if not then no point. any recommendation?
Maybe the speaker faulty.

If there is a headphone output, check the sound with your headphone.
mrsun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:14 PM   #74
Great Supremacy Member

Maybe the speaker faulty.

If there is a headphone output, check the sound with your headphone.
I tried plugging headphone into different output but hear no sound.

There's one PC / DVI audio in. I tried the two input from the headphone to the TV but no sound. Sound still comes out from the TV.

update: found the headphone jack. tested that i can hear more clearly with headphone. but the sound output is still quite soft. guess it has two issue. one is the sound projection? another one is the tv sound distorted.

if i get soundbar, would it solve the issue?

Last edited by BlackCube; 02-04-2017 at 08:35 PM..
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #75
Master Member

update: found the headphone jack. tested that i can hear more clearly with headphone. but the sound output is still quite soft. guess it has two issue. one is the sound projection? another one is the tv sound distorted.

if i get soundbar, would it solve the issue?
Loudness from headphone depends on the internal setting of the tv set (maybe user adjustable?) and the sensitivity of the headphone. If the audio is ok, then the sound bar will be one way to solve your issue.
mrsun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.