Xgimi H1 / H1S projector -- Any users here?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am against projection with onboard PC and etc.
The amount of heat, the electronic component will not be
able to handle.

Thus in the long run it will spoilt quite easily.
Projector unlike TV, does generate quite a lot of heat.
My recommendation is depending on your budget.
Get either a Epson/Panasonic home grade projector
than add a android box will be much better.

Speaker wise you can ask the installer to do everything for you.
But of cuz it will cost more but more worth while than a AIO solution.
Cheers.

$1K-$2K or so to get everything done.

debadgeda6

Reaction score
Haven't had a problem with the heat. The speakers are really loud and will suffice for casual watching. Most of my watching for Netflix and Serials are from the H1 and it has been reliably performing for the last 6 months.

debadgeda6

Reaction score
Bear in mind, if you want a clean projector setup, it doesn't get cleaner than this. Built in streamer, built in speakers (and decent ones at that). Just one power cable in, that's all. That's the part I enjoy the most. If you are buying this guy, it's not for the picture to fight with an epson. It's not for the sound to fight with external speakers. It's for the simplicity and portability. I can bring this projector to a friend's place and immediately set it up without lugging anything else around.

Don't need to be portable? Sure, get a separate system.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind, if you want a clean projector setup, it doesn't get cleaner than this. Built in streamer, built in speakers (and decent ones at that). Just one power cable in, that's all. That's the part I enjoy the most. If you are buying this guy, it's not for the picture to fight with an epson. It's not for the sound to fight with external speakers. It's for the simplicity and portability. I can bring this projector to a friend's place and immediately set it up without lugging anything else around.

Don't need to be portable? Sure, get a separate system.

Agree, it's AIO solution picture and sound will get comprise due to it's form factor.
There are also portable projector and sound system but depending
on what you use.

Home use is easy to source but commercial wise is different
especially the audio system.
In my past if I had external events, usually there will be a portable Panasonic projector along with a movable portable PA system.

Cost wise cannot share cuz different industry different costing.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Agree, it's AIO solution picture and sound will get comprise due to it's form factor.
There are also portable projector and sound system but depending
on what you use.

Home use is easy to source but commercial wise is different
especially the audio system.
In my past if I had external events, usually there will be a portable Panasonic projector along with a movable portable PA system.

Cost wise cannot share cuz different industry different costing.

Is the unit $1100?

atleeyoung

Reaction score
I just got myself a H1S for 4799rmb (around $1036 after forex and 3% cc charge) from jimikeji.tmall.com , I will do a thorough review here soon..

hbyik01

Reaction score
I just got myself a H1S for 4799rmb (around $1036 after forex and 3% cc charge) from jimikeji.tmall.com , I will do a thorough review here soon..

atleeyoung, what is the total cost you paid? (including Shipping, GST.....)

Last edited:

atleeyoung

Reaction score
atleeyoung, what is the total cost you paid? (including Shipping, GST.....)

i shipped through 4px, one of the official taobao forwarder. I paid around $1036 for the H1s project along with $23 for the shipping (4.51kg). I was not charged any GST :s22:

Last edited:

ngts78

Reaction score
Hi, is it noisy when running? Toying with the idea buying one for my bedroom?
Haven't had a problem with the heat. The speakers are really loud and will suffice for casual watching. Most of my watching for Netflix and Serials are from the H1 and it has been reliably performing for the last 6 months.

wmheng

Reaction score
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread but this seems the mosy applicable although it is quite aged... I am looking at XGimi H2 with 1350 ANSI in the 11 Nov 2018 TMall promotion. Supposed to be an upgrade from H1. With this amount of Lumen, I guess watching in Daylight is still okay. The only put off is that it is a local set, so if I use in Singapore, supposedly most if not all the apps cannot be used cos of IP detection. According to the Customer Service Officer, it seems that even screen casting may be a problem. Technically not a showstopper if you want to connect TV box, or PC of PS etc. But just inconvenience and can't update the Firmware or OS. I saw on Xiaomi TV thread to use shafa or dangbei. Have any of you tried so far? Also, can anyone comment on your experience with H1 or H1S so far? How's the reliability?

drax229

Reaction score
Hi anyone using XGimi z6? I recently bought 1 from China, and like to upgrade the ROM to international ROM, any advice?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.