Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here mount your Xiaomi TV? got any contacts to assist with this?

Yes. I mounted my Mi TV 2 on the wall. Using a free wall bracket that was given to me when I bought an LG TV.

Installation should $60 & above depending on type of wall and complexity of your wall mount bracket. If you want to mount it on feature wall (wood), it must have certain thickness.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here can educate me in this

I have a dvbt2 tuner box, can i unsolder it and replace it with the tuner inside a mitv? Its just a small tuner and no components on the board yes? Just the tuner physical hardware itself am i right?

Logically, it can be done. But not sure what is the circuitry like inside.

If you really going to do it, please do a video, upload to YouTube for us to see.

D.N.K.

Reaction score
Is anyone able to play aac 5.1 audio from Nvidia shield or other devices to Xiaomi tv 4. Using spmc and using pass through Atmos, dts etc play fine. But normal aac 5.1 audio is not detected properly by Xiaomi tv4 sound bar and I get loud crackling noises

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tronian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kaitozaki

Reaction score
I may have found a way to install google play store on mitv 2, i will keep you guys updated on the process and success...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I may have found a way to install google play store on mitv 2, i will keep you guys updated on the process and success...

Use this link
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/install-google-play-store-youtube-on-mitv-2-need-root.26743/

http://en.miui.com/thread-226320-1-1.html

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, as long as can play YouTube, aDrama and Kodi, can already right? Doesn't really need PlayStore also.

But having said that it will be good also if it doesn't takes up too much space.

kaitozaki

Reaction score
I went to the links before, doesn't work... likewise playstore install to system and other apks are able to install to my usb 3.0...i know it doesn't matter as playstore alternatives like acmarket and tutuapp are good enough, but there are apps like toggle apk which need to have playstore for license verification and lucky patcher will not work...if mitv has Android 7.0 update i would already try to install magisk and exposed framework...still wondering if anyone can make a custom recovery, as i did before went into android recovery, not mitv recovery...and can delete system 2 to have more ram and memory in system...this is just an experiment so others can learn more...

ghgan1

Reaction score

EuroR_CL7

Master Member
Reaction score
My MiTv lasted me 1yr 2mths. Suddenly all lines.... any experience in repairs or estimates?

Pretty disappointed....i goes its just luck...

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone ship directly from xiaomi china website?

Just made enquiry about shipping 4A 55" from China by giving them the dimension and weight etc.. the shipper Prouter said there is no problem and asked for about 350 RMB to ship. The set cost about 3,000 RMB. So total around 3350 or about SGD$840

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks! Haven had time to do hw :o

Deliver to doorstep?

Just made enquiry about shipping 4A 55" from China by giving them the dimension and weight etc.. the shipper Prouter said there is no problem and asked for about 350 RMB to ship. The set cost about 3,000 RMB. So total around 3350 or about SGD$840

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks! Haven had time to do hw :o

Deliver to doorstep?

bought 2x 65 4A last week from taobao with delivery next week with my friend, anyone has experience they crate the 2 TV into 1 crate or individual crate.

dint do homework as the forwarder said they will deliver the crate to my home without un-crating done :s13:siao liao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.