HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #466

what is the point in comparing apples to oranges?
How is it comparing apples to oranges when I asked what local model is it comparable to?
turboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #467
Arch-Supremacy Member

How is it comparing apples to oranges when I asked what local model is it comparable to?
because LG OLED and Samsung QLED are their respective top of the line models. the image quality of Mi 4 will be categorically worse than either LG OLED or Samsung QLED, no value in trying to compare.
wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:38 PM   #468

Agree with you

because LG OLED and Samsung QLED are their respective top of the line models. the image quality of Mi 4 will be categorically worse than either LG OLED or Samsung QLED, no value in trying to compare.
kelvinkezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #469

"what local model" meaning other than the OLED/QLED series.
turboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #470

Japan lcd panels is almost always better than korea. Sony and sharp have been investing on lcd and ips way more than lg and samsung.

But from what you said, refreshment rate issues is not relevant to picture quality. Picture quality refers to the quality visual output of one picture. If you had refresh rate issue, you definitely have a problem with your setup.

If 2 TVs are 60hz, they are just 60hz and you should not see any difference in refresh rate.

Note that the problem may lies in your cable signal, as your xiaomi tv is in 4k resolution, your sanyo tv might be 1080 resolution.

Lets say if your gpu output most
1080p 4:4:4 @60hz signal

But due to 4k, it will be downsample to
4k 4:4:2 @30hz signal.

4:4:2 - A degrade in color quality.
30hz - A degrade in refresh rate
4k: Increase in resolution

If you are using the above signal, it's just trash, don't use it.
Hmm..
Thanks.
I have to digest this abit and fiddle with my tv some other time.
jiangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #471

I am currently using the 65" TV 4.

Wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are getting.

There are certain things you must live with la, and really having tons of remotes.

I am not using its own interface, using a Nvidia Shield as my main device so i don't really feel the problems with its os.

Audio and VIdeo quality is really not bad. The sound system really very good at its price point.

One thing though the tv and soundbar must work together. You can turn off the tv screen if just using the bluetooth functions to play directly from your phone, or spotify but its one extra step la.

It also means if the soundbar spoil, the TV is gg already. So praying hard the soundbar is ok @_@
The soundbar is using Dolby Atmos right? Does it really have much of a difference vs a regular sound bar ?
xhxh6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #472

Hi help needed for my mitv 4 65" soundbar and my uhd player,when playing bluray disc on 7.1 truehd,i could hear the background music but the audio was on off kind,might heard the actors talking for a few seconds but then it is suppressed for most of the time.Any help?My player was sony x800 from amazon

Last edited by marcus70; Yesterday at 04:35 PM..
marcus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #473
Arch-Supremacy Member

You can try this.

thanks so much!
trying now!
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #474
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok while i'm installing the downgrade... i have this issue of the TV turning on by itself every 10minutes i turned it off.

I pressed the power button, then select the power off from the menu.
BUt right after 10mins, the TV will turn on!

I have disabled wake up via wifi (wifi is still connected cos i dun wan to enter my password evreytime). I uninstalled all apps, basically doing a restore to factory on 1.3.33. No go. it still turns on after 10mins i power off.

I have no other 3rd party apps except for xiaomi's apps on the tv now.
I cannot find what is causing the wake up on the tv.

Anyone encountering this issue? Or have any advise for me?

Appreciated!
xenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.