HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

*Easy* HTC Desire HD - Rooting / S-Off / ClockworkMod Recovery

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #61
Supremacy Member

i did not get S-OFF the first time round too, but i notice at that time, it did not prompt me for superuser. so i tried again, and this time i got superuser prompt, and got S-OFF done.

the only thing is i can't see my stock CID, not even super CID after i have permrooted it.
u can see yr CID in the bootloader page.. when u press and hold Vol Down while booting, u get to the bootloader page then one of the options got something to do with info.. choose that then u can see yr CID
Skyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #62
Supremacy Member

1) Download the file and run the apk. (visionary r14)
Choose either Temporary/Permanent for rooting method
http://www.mediafire.com/?xhwc5m7f273l7b2

This is optional -> Details on root <link>

2) S- off, SUPER CID, SIM-UNLOCK (aka Security off to unlock nand for nand backup/custom rom/flash default ROM)
Follow this <link>

3) Install the latest clockworkmod from Market and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". (Noticed some of them have to install the flash twice to get it working properly)

This is the safest and easy method and it is completely revisible without flashing the phone

Orignial credit goes to Paul from Modaco for compilation and his Visionary root and jkoljo (One click s-off) from XDA.

I am putting here for ease of reference. Of course there are other methods but I find this is dummy proof.

Optional: REVERT ALL TO STOCK ROM VIA RUU
http://xdafil.es/index.php?path=DesireHD/RUU/

Got this link from XDA mousey_

Disclamier: Please do not flame or ask for support from me as I just want to share with the rest what I have found
i got an unmodded dhd. so i just need to install visionary, root it via visionary and the install clockwork? then i can start flashing roms already? is there a need to install android sdk and fastbook commands to the phone?

just checking cos its a totally different process when i root my magic last time...which i need to connect phone thru sdk, fastboot it, flash recovery img etc...

thanks
cenedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #63

u can see yr CID in the bootloader page.. when u press and hold Vol Down while booting, u get to the bootloader page then one of the options got something to do with info.. choose that then u can see yr CID
neh, tried a couple of times, still not displaying. anyway, i read that its normal not to have that display. just wondering anybody has the CID for all the telco in sg?
shenwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #64

i got an unmodded dhd. so i just need to install visionary, root it via visionary and the install clockwork? then i can start flashing roms already? is there a need to install android sdk and fastbook commands to the phone?

just checking cos its a totally different process when i root my magic last time...which i need to connect phone thru sdk, fastboot it, flash recovery img etc...

thanks
Not necessary to install fastboot as the method above does not use an ENG hboot. Does not require ADB as well to do those.

Your unmod DHD comes with 1.32 firmware? This will only work with DHD comes with 1.32 and not 1.72. However with the method above, you can downgrade to 1.32 anytime if you read the instruction carefully as long it does not comes preinstalled 1.72.xx
nexusscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #65
Master Member

hi everyone,

Im new to DHD, coming from a nearly 2y/o Magic.

Ive just rooted and radio S-off my phone via visionary, 1 click radio off tool and finally flashed clockworkmod into my phone.

Im still using stock rom, and intend to use it for awhile more for now. I read from some threads that there is an old kernel which will enable the stock rom to run even faster. Does anyone know which kernel that is? I kept trying to find back that thread again but didnt manage to find it

And since my DHD is rooted now, what should i do on it? Besides flashing that fast kernel...

Thanks.

PS: Is it important to get Eng S-off and superCID as well? Or should i just stick with having radio S-off?

Last edited by android17; 30-12-2010 at 02:26 AM..
android17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #66
Supremacy Member

hi everyone,

Im new to DHD, coming from a nearly 2y/o Magic.

Ive just rooted and radio S-off my phone via visionary, 1 click radio off tool and finally flashed clockworkmod into my phone.

Im still using stock rom, and intend to use it for awhile more for now. I read from some threads that there is an old kernel which will enable the stock rom to run even faster. Does anyone know which kernel that is? I kept trying to find back that thread again but didnt manage to find it

And since my DHD is rooted now, what should i do on it? Besides flashing that fast kernel...

Thanks.

PS: Is it important to get Eng S-off and superCID as well? Or should i just stick with having radio S-off?
yes it is impt to get Eng S Off. Super CID is impt only if u wana try funny radios, but good to have also. Eng S Off definitely must have if u wana flash kernels and radios.

then regarding yr qn about that kernel, i tried it, no diff to me compared to apache's latest kernels. that kernel should be version 1.06, there's a thread in xda forums under the DHD General subforum. The title of the thread is something like lag is gone or something to do with lag, can't remember.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #67

If you know what you are doing, just keep your radio s-off with super cid and switch to eng hboot if you want to load any radios or Img.

Most radio off allow rom downgrade if you flash via RUU.
Old 30-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #68
Supremacy Member

anyone tried the latest radio 26.04.02.17 yet?

I am tempted to try LeeDroid's latest ROM based on the new 2.2.1 base but it will be good to flash the new radio together with the rom for the best compatibility so I'm still holding off upgrading to 2.2.1..
Old 30-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #69

Need help on rooting

Hi All,

I'm quite a newbie on this Android phone; comes from WM6.5 previously and just got this HTC Desire HD yesterday.

Have attempt to root this DHD using the Visionary apps but to no avail.

Here's what I did:

1. Install the R14 version of this Visionary apps tro my DHD.
2. Check Debugging Mode ON (this is mandatory as per all websites guide)
3. Run the Visionary app.
4. Hit Temproot (all selection were left uncheck)
5. DHD keeps looping on attempting to root the device; I waited for 10 mins and it's still looping.
6. Got out of the Visionary and restart my device - DHD is not rooted.

Can any kind bro in this forum enlighten me whether where did I go wrong?

BTW, I'm still in software version 2.2

Thanks in advance.
lsseah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #70
Supremacy Member

what u mean by 'looping'? boot loop as in it keeps rebooting itself but never manages to boot properly?

when u do temp root, it's only rooted till u reboot, so of course when u restart your device, u don't get root anymore.

what u should do is to do temp root. then when it's done with no errors, then u can open Terminal Emulator (download it from Market if u dun have it on yr phone), then type 'su' without the quotes and see if the $ changes to #. if it does then u got temp root.

after getting temp root then u can do the perm root with visionary, yr phone will reboot and then when it boots up normally, do the 'su' thingy again in Terminal Emulator. if u get the $ then u're perm rooted.. then u can do either the one click s off to install engineering hboot or radio one click s off to get radio s off or do both.
Old 30-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #71

anyone tried the latest radio 26.04.02.17 yet?

I am tempted to try LeeDroid's latest ROM based on the new 2.2.1 base but it will be good to flash the new radio together with the rom for the best compatibility so I'm still holding off upgrading to 2.2.1..
Been using that radio with HD revolution 2.01 and so.far so good
Old 30-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #72

what u mean by 'looping'? boot loop as in it keeps rebooting itself but never manages to boot properly?

when u do temp root, it's only rooted till u reboot, so of course when u restart your device, u don't get root anymore.

what u should do is to do temp root. then when it's done with no errors, then u can open Terminal Emulator (download it from Market if u dun have it on yr phone), then type 'su' without the quotes and see if the $ changes to #. if it does then u got temp root.

after getting temp root then u can do the perm root with visionary, yr phone will reboot and then when it boots up normally, do the 'su' thingy again in Terminal Emulator. if u get the $ then u're perm rooted.. then u can do either the one click s off to install engineering hboot or radio one click s off to get radio s off or do both.
Thanks for the info.

What I mean is I cannot root my device. Basically, it's stuck at the rooting device screen forever. It did not reboot whatsoever.
lsseah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #73
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the info.

What I mean is I cannot root my device. Basically, it's stuck at the rooting device screen forever. It did not reboot whatsoever.
when i did temp root, it blanked out once..as in the screen displayed a blank screen. then i panic then i press back and home and it got out of it. then i rebooted and tried again and it worked the 2nd time round and from temp root i immediately tried perm root and no problems .

when u say it's stuck at the screen, it's stuck at the screen with the lightning logo?
Old 30-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #74
Supremacy Member

Been using that radio with HD revolution 2.01 and so.far so good
steady la.. i had a feeling u might be one of the few who would try it. So does the batt life and performance really improve as what they say in xda?
Old 30-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #75

If you know what you are doing, just keep your radio s-off with super cid and switch to eng hboot if you want to load any radios or Img.

Most radio off allow rom downgrade if you flash via RUU.
how do i switch to eng hboot?
I've done eng hboot from your 1st thread and radio s-off/supercid/simunlocked from your updated thread also. so if i would like to switch to eng hboot, all i need is to go to bootloader and go to fastboot and press the fastboot red highlighted options? and load the new radio per instructions?
cts29ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.