HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HTC Care Service Centre

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #31

My Dopod C800 just went bonkers. Tried calling the center many times. No one picked up the phone!
chewingyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #32
Master Member

my htc touch screen won't work at all... i want to visit them soon...

have they pick up your call yet?
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #33

Nope, still nobody pick up. Can I just turn up at the counter??
Old 14-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #34

Just came back from the service centre at Harbourfront. Guess you can just walk in and take a number to service.

BTW, can administrator update the info that the service centre closes at 1500 hrs on Saturdays. Opens at 1000hrs

Last edited by chewingyu; 16-06-2008 at 11:57 AM..
Old 20-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #35

Lousy HTC Service Center

Hi

Just want to put my pen to let everyone know of my case of sending my HTC Trinity (Dopod 810) for repair two weeks ago. The problem with my handset was that it is unable to load properly from bootscreen which I initially suspect I could have install a software and caused it to hang. I have tried hard reset and in vain it did not work which is pretty strange. Out of no choice, i sent it for repair and was told to come back after 9 days... (don't know why so long too)

I was called by their service manager that my handset is unable to recover and they have quoted me more than $600 for replacement of mainboard. For obvious reason, i rejected the repair as it is more costly than buying a new set (I believe everyone would have do the same too). As their standard procedure, I was asked to pay evaluation fee of $42.80 in cash and believe me there is no evaluation report or whatsoever. I obviously was quite upset that I really believe it is not a hardware failure and they have given me a lousy explanation of unable to repair. Only a receipt that I asked to put down in word what is the problem... They only said is "No power/fail to boot" and action is "Technician quoted $636.70 for mainboard replacement. Rejected by customer"

Not only that, there is a loose screw of something when i shake my handset!

Eventually, I google around for a solution and found out that there is a way to unbrick my handset and i really did so.

My view is that I only want to know whether it is repairable or not and I was very upset that the authorised HTC service center can give this type of lousy evaluation and advise the customer. I really believe they did not even have a detail analysis of what is the real problem of my handset.

HTC CEO if you reading this..... please relook into the service standard that your guy render to customer. I wonder how many people are fool into paying lousy services.

Cheers,
zongling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #36

Hi,

Used to own a dopod s300 smart phone. though not exactly a high end model but i took real good care of it..

I must say that the service at the service centre at SIS building is the worst a consumer could ever experience.

I wonder if its the same thing since Dopod became HTC.

but my take is that I will never ever TOUCH a HTC product again.
SmithQwek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #37

is there any showroom for htc models?
acvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #38
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody has bad experience at the HTC Service Centre at Harbourfront?
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #39

Anyone knows if we need to register online for the warranty to be in effect? There's no physical warranty card in my new HTC 3G box and browsing through HTC site , I seem not ablt to find any online warranty registration links. Thanks.
teechuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #40

My diamond is dead!!!..Is the care centre open on Sats?
debbue96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi

Just want to put my pen to let everyone know of my case of sending my HTC Trinity (Dopod 810) for repair two weeks ago. The problem with my handset was that it is unable to load properly from bootscreen which I initially suspect I could have install a software and caused it to hang. I have tried hard reset and in vain it did not work which is pretty strange. Out of no choice, i sent it for repair and was told to come back after 9 days... (don't know why so long too)

I was called by their service manager that my handset is unable to recover and they have quoted me more than $600 for replacement of mainboard. For obvious reason, i rejected the repair as it is more costly than buying a new set (I believe everyone would have do the same too). As their standard procedure, I was asked to pay evaluation fee of $42.80 in cash and believe me there is no evaluation report or whatsoever. I obviously was quite upset that I really believe it is not a hardware failure and they have given me a lousy explanation of unable to repair. Only a receipt that I asked to put down in word what is the problem... They only said is "No power/fail to boot" and action is "Technician quoted $636.70 for mainboard replacement. Rejected by customer"

Not only that, there is a loose screw of something when i shake my handset!

Eventually, I google around for a solution and found out that there is a way to unbrick my handset and i really did so.

My view is that I only want to know whether it is repairable or not and I was very upset that the authorised HTC service center can give this type of lousy evaluation and advise the customer. I really believe they did not even have a detail analysis of what is the real problem of my handset.

HTC CEO if you reading this..... please relook into the service standard that your guy render to customer. I wonder how many people are fool into paying lousy services.

Cheers,
So Terrible service meh????den how to trust their products???
Old 16-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

No. 1, HarbourFront Ave, #01-06 Keppel Bay Tower, Singapore 098632
Opening hours:
1.Service Date: Monday to Saturday (Excluding Public Holiday)
2.Service Hour: 10:00AM to 07:00PM (Monday to Friday)
3.Service Hour: 10:00AM to 03:00PM (Saturday)
[CENTER][SIZE=4] [COLOR=Red]Selling[/COLOR][/SIZE][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2925314"]Selling Brand New Nokia
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948470"]Selling Brand New Sony Ericsson[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][LIST][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948481"]Selling Brand New Samsung
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][*][SIZE=4][COLOR=RoyalBlue][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=56771337"]Selling Brand New BlackBerry[/URL][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2948481"]
[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/LIST][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Mobile_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #43

Just my recent experience with HTC service center. My HTC phone is not working, hardware problem.

The harbourFront place seems to be a front end customer service center only. Went over, saw 2 CS actually working. 1 middle age guy, got a HTC Dream and seems so clueless about it. 1 CS quite helpful, show this lots of stuff, while the rest all waiting there.

Finally, 1 CS attend to me. Just explain to her about my problem. Given that it is within 7 days of purchase, I should get a 1:1 replacement. But she has call other people elsewhere to check if I can get a 1:1 replacement.
I got my receipt but it is not one of their "authorized dealer. I saw the list, only Singtel, Starhub, Courts, etc are listed. Very short and old list. None of the smaller dealer are on the list. 3Mobile which I got my phone from, is not on the list. After a few calls from her, she finally confirmed that I can get 1:1 replacement. But, I need to get the replacement from SIS. So, after filling up a form, I went to SIS.

Once I am at SIS, the CS lady check the phone, and ask her technician. After a short while, she said, technician said accessories fault. Geez, I ask her to check again. Harbourfront CS has tested it and it is the phone fault. Then, she went back to find the technician again. After a few minutes, come back, and yeah, confirm that the phone maybe faulty, but technician want to test a software refresh if it works.

So, I waited... pull out my laptop, do my work, make a few calls on my backup nokia. Finally, 45 min later. She check and bring out a new phone for me. She is quite nice, clean the screen and apply the screen protector. Once, tested, all aligned. I am out with a new phone.

Couple of advise... Maybe don't go to HarbourFront, call and go straight to SIS. HarbourFront can't do replacement. Waste of time to go there.

I think the CS in HarbourFront need more training. I am not sure it is their job to "educate" clueless user. Especially with a queue of other customers waiting.

I think SIS technician, who ever that person, is clueless. Can't even do a simple test to check if it is a phone problem or an accessories problem.
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #44

I'm so afraid of bringing my Touch Pro down for servicing, not know what NEW problems I might bring back. I am thankful that my phone is still working like a charm.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #45

omg...all the comments make HTC sounds so scary...
haih...i just got my HTC HD..and i m having porblem with the micro SD card tat come with the phone...it is 8gb memory card..it is not working when i insert it into the phone..the phone somehow cant read the card and says it is not installed in the phone...is the warranty covers the SD card? so sad u know...they gave me a spoilt card...haih..
kaing88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.