HTC has not announce phone with Bluetooth 5

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi HTC fans,

After the announcement of U11, we noticed this new flagship phone still using Bluetooth 4.2 technology

However, HTC has not announce phone with Bluetooth 5 technology

Could it be, there will be another flagship to announce within the next 6 months ?

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HTC usually follow up with numerous devices after its flagship release (think HTC One M9+). The follow up devices may include Bluetooth 5.0 but I'm pretty sure it will not run on Snapdragon 835. They certainly will not release a flagship device by just upgrading the Bluetooth version.. Also, pardon me but what's the big deal with Bluetooth 5.0 anyway?

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, i'm just saying they have not launch a phone with Bluetooth latest version.

Anyway Bluetooth 5 has quite a few improvement, you can find the answer in Youtube videos :)

Conan1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, i'm just saying they have not launch a phone with Bluetooth latest version.

Anyway Bluetooth 5 has quite a few improvement, you can find the answer in Youtube videos :)

Android N doesn't support Bluetooth 5 yet

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
No point having a new tech without the accessories supporting it. Moreover there will be issues with new stuff. You just need to see USB C charging itself you will know.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.