LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #376

So can see this HTC ONE at Starhub Plaza Sing? Thanks
Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #377

So can see this HTC ONE at Starhub Plaza Sing? Thanks
Singtel at plaza sing, B2.
LonelyMan likes this.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #378

You can see the HTC One at the Singtelshop at Parkway Parade too. The screen is awesome, especially when placed next to the One X. Whole phone feels a lot more snappy too.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #379

But to be very frank, though very unwillingly, Sony Xperia Z's display seems sharper.. Anyone got this feeling too..?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #380

But to be very frank, though very unwillingly, Sony Xperia Z's display seems sharper.. Anyone got this feeling too..?
no leh bro. i play with the xz i feel "meh"

i play with the HTC ONE...i feel.. "wow"

even my gf said the HTC ONE screen sharper and nicer....she knows nuts abt screen resolution etc so you cant get more honest than that.
kelvinti and konnayuki like this.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #381

Looking at this phone but I am concerned about the overall photo quality, replication of true colours without bias/hue saturation and an auto-focus that does not keep tracking about constantly.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #382

not sure if anyone can answer this. will the notification light be more visible on the white or black model? i understand that it shines through one of the tiny speaker holes
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #383
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the screen using slcd 3?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #384
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the screen using slcd 3?
Display: 4.7" 16M-color 1080p (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super LCD 3 capacitive touchscreen, 469ppi pixel density; Corning Gorilla Glass 2

HTC One preview: Take two - GSMArena.com

Hey bro, no offense. But you jumped from WP to Android already?

Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #385
Arch-Supremacy Member

Both are running Full HD right? I don't really bother about the tiny tiny differences even if HTC One UI is not as sharp. I'm more concern about the end product and services the phone provides as a whole. Like is the UltraPixel really powerful, and how's the Sense 5 over the Sony UI.

At the very least, screen of HTC One does not washed out looking from another angle.

I see people talking about curves on Xperia Z. But no pun intended, it is shaped like S2 years ago. Take away the physical button and add glasses to the back and you will see Xperia Z.

On the other hand, HTC One is totally new design in today's phone designs. How many has speakers placed in front? How many has the real true curves at the back of HTC One?

Now this is curve in my definition...

But then, is my own opinions. So, no offense to anyone else.

Last edited by kopi22; 05-03-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #386

Both are running Full HD right? I don't really bother about the tiny tiny differences even if HTC One UI is not as sharp. I'm more concern about the end product and services the phone provides as a whole. Like is the UltraPixel really powerful, and how's the Sense 5 over the Sony UI.

At the very least, screen of HTC One does not washed out looking from another angle.

I see people talking about curves on Xperia Z. But no pun intended, it is shaped like S2 years ago. Take away the physical button and add glasses to the back and you will see Xperia Z.

On the other hand, HTC One is totally new design in today's phone designs. How many has speakers placed in front? How many has the real true curves at the back of HTC One?

Now this is curve in my definition...

But then, is my own opinions. So, no offense to anyone else.
haha i know what you mean...ppl are very protective of their new toys.

imho, HTC has the best out of box user experience becos of SENSE. i find that the sense skin is the best android skin out there bar none.

i personally feel that the htc one also fits very nicely in my hand....ergonomic, unlike the xz.

why oh why htc you no support video call
Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #387

Sorry, but what do you mean by not supporting Video Call? Are you referring to built-in video call function?
But if we use apps like Skype still can do Video Call right?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #388
Supremacy Member

imho, HTC has the best out of box user experience becos of SENSE. i find that the sense skin is the best android skin out there bar none.
Wow! Did not know that SENSE is that good. Actually it is Sense that kept me with HTC all these while, so I cannot comment on the other UIs.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #389

Sorry, but what do you mean by not supporting Video Call? Are you referring to built-in video call function?
But if we use apps like Skype still can do Video Call right?
yeah using 3rd party apps can. sorry if i wasnt clear enuf

i prefer using direct video call that samsung has......unfortunately for me i use this very often
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #390

Wow! Did not know that SENSE is that good. Actually it is Sense that kept me with HTC all these while, so I cannot comment on the other UIs.
ive has galaxy s, SII, SIII....note 1, note 2....Xperia s, htc one x....galaxy nexus...hahah so ive played with a few and i still like sense.

the main gripe i had is that htc somehow crippled the multitasking....

e.g surfing faceboook, switch and app, go back to facebook, the fb app would restart. i believe xda devs fixed this
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.