The HTC One thread, formerly known as the M7

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
just sent in my phone for the red tint camera issue. The CSO said its hardware problem. Also asked her to check my phone properly and note down saying there are no scratches. Told her that I expect the phone to come back without any scratches as well. She said I made her feel very stressed.

Will see how it turns out. fingers crossed.

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
just sent in my phone for the red tint camera issue. The CSO said its hardware problem. Also asked her to check my phone properly and note down saying there are no scratches. Told her that I expect the phone to come back without any scratches as well. She said I made her feel very stressed.

The one with the big specs? Still waiting for my phone to come back from HTC. :(

androidbot

Reaction score

Certain phone manufacturers (especially, the one that I used to work with) instructed the service centres to specifically, inspect phones thoroughly and to write down whatever physical/external damages they found on the phone into the report and have the customer check/read and sign. This is to indemnify themselves, from any claims later. If it was ever the service centre fault, it dutifully replaced the part in question at no charge. Of course, it was not a full-proof method but it helped lower the number of conflicts.

Personally, I think what you did was correct to actually have them include the condition of the phone into their report. Certain degree of minute damage may be unavoidable on aluminium and perhaps, maybe acceptable by some. But ridicules kind of dents, chips and scratches is just not fair for the consumer. Then again, every individual is different and his/her acceptance level. :s8:

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
this lady no specs. WHen did you send in your phone?
Last last Thursday but when I came to collect it the following Thursday, the screen wouldn't turn on so I sent it back in the day itself. Till now I haven't heard anything from them.

TonyStark

Master Member
Reaction score
haiz.... jin troublesome to send in my set for repairs. think i sell off and buy new one.

nofearck

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually before i updated to 4.2.2, i didnt have the purple tint problem. i wonder if its due to the software

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
4.2.2 is not the cause. Hardware is.
I m very sure the purple tint is a hardware issue and NOT a software issue. My friend's HTC one is one the same software as me but his camera has not purple tint at all.

neubie

Reaction score
Kind of disappointed with the 422 upgrade.

In this new upgrade, 3-touch-&-hold gesture magnify the screen areas as one drags around to see different screens.

but if doing texting or anything using keyboard, repeatedly pressing backspace magnifies the screen.

And i feel the stock keyboard is no longer as zippy as before.

Anyone experienced that?

dest86

Reaction score
anyone experience when you unlock your phone from sleep mode, your phone turns hot seems like running apps . but i have close all my apps. i suspect is auto update weather that causes it .

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kind of disappointed with the 422 upgrade.

In this new upgrade, 3-touch-&-hold gesture magnify the screen areas as one drags around to see different screens.

but if doing texting or anything using keyboard, repeatedly pressing backspace magnifies the screen.

And i feel the stock keyboard is no longer as zippy as before.

Anyone experienced that?
Eh if you're constantly trying to magnify the screen.. I think you might need a phone with a bigger screen? Haha..

neubie

Reaction score
Eh if you're constantly trying to magnify the screen.. I think you might need a phone with a bigger screen? Haha..
No banal talk please.
Try yourself if u have one. Irrespective of whether this feature is enabled, tapping consecutive 3 times in any location, the entire screen magnifies, repeating again reverts.

f4rt3d

Reaction score
The last when I upgraded my HTC One to 4.2.2., I didn't face any problems especially the tint issues. But I still think HTC's after-sales support is super unstable.

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.