HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HTC ONE X screen cracks - Need replacement - PRICE?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #1

Thumbs down HTC ONE X screen cracks - Need replacement - PRICE?

Hi everyone , any of you know how much its cost for the screen replacement ? The dam Monkey glass not really that powerful scratch resistance or neither little shock prove even I just accidentally drop it lower than my knee height it cracks like Spiderman webs .....it sucessfuly shock me not shock prove.

If too expensive I might move on leaving HTC ... My old Galaxy SL drop like mad dont even has a single scratch and no crack at all. Dont know whether this gen 2 monkey glass problem or HTC TOU KONG JIAN LIAO. so fragile ...and still charge people so expensive for the monkey glass replacement .. o HO ...

HTC ONE X

Last edited by vizavex; 11-07-2012 at 11:16 AM..
vizavex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Master Member

my Nexus One screen replacement cost me $150++ i think
Old 11-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Master Member

gorilla glass is scratch resistant nt shatter or drop proof. go sls ask around i guess ard 120-150
shadowlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #4

Last time HTC quoted me $305 for screen replacement due to one hairline crack (I got free repair cause they are convinced is not I damage one which is really the case), so expect official price to be around that.

If you are wondering why that expensive, after I took back my HOX I look at the repair note. Apparently, they replace the mobo and battery also as they were damaged while trying to access the screen. I guess that explains the price.
Alan-HWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Hi everyone , any of you know how much its cost for the screen replacement ? The dam Monkey glass not really that powerful scratch resistance or neither little shock prove even I just accidentally drop it lower than my knee height it cracks like Spiderman webs .....it sucessfuly shock me not shock prove.

If too expensive I might move on leaving HTC ... My old Galaxy SL drop like mad dont even has a single scratch and no crack at all. Dont know whether this gen 2 monkey glass problem or HTC TOU KONG JIAN LIAO. so fragile ...and still charge people so expensive for the monkey glass replacement .. o HO ...

HTC ONE X
You can sell it to the Amazing Spiderman...
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #6

just back from HTC service center , just the monkey glass cost 4xx

almost half price of the phone ....
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #7

Well like I said the unibody structure of the phone make replacement of the screen really troublesome, it requires them to remove everything from the battery to the motherboard. So you are technically not just paying for the screen price but the price of everything inside. Gorilla Glass was meant to be more scratch resistant not drop resistant.

Though really I find Gorilla Glass 1 more sturdier than GG2.
Alan-HWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Master Member

just back from HTC service center , just the monkey glass cost 4xx

almost half price of the phone ....
better off just buying a galaxy nexus 2nd hand
shadowlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #9

Thumbs down

HTC sent me a survey as my experience not satisfies . My survey not giving very good rate and some comments i had when reaching them.

As my glass crack , then contact them. Go their website ...dam online support or what so ever not on (always). Then I tried call their 18xx dam...always go to voice recording and mention record phone number will call back...never

then decided to make a trip go down Harbourfront there at lunch . Reach there wait almost 45 mins just ask replace the monkey glass how much ah.. They said 4xx . then i rather buy new SGS or XPeria add a bit $$ some more new phone ler.

now they willing to solve the problem assist a bit then just send me this ....................................... (willing to solve problem attitude is like that ) nothing to say

still ask me to call the hotline ...

Old 31-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #10

Thumbs down

Today call back they forget everything !
Old 07-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Did you use any protection?

The screen suppose to be tough... YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
trichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #12

Did you use any protection?

The screen suppose to be tough... YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

What you mean use anything ? hit it ?

of course no , just drop from knee height it turn face the ground thats it not testing any tricks
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #13

I don't get it, it's your fault for dropping the phone, and your own fault that the screen cracked, why you blaming the phone's screen? It's scratch resistant, not shock proof or anything, not claimed by the manufacturer as well? Such material is brittle, expect it to crack if you drop it from a height. Your SL never crack because you very heng you never drop it at an angle to create the cracks. Just so happen you drop the One X in a way that caused the crack.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

they charged you 400+? i got mine replaced .. costed me ~$310.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.