The HTC One X - World's first Quad Beast

RedDevil4Life

Reaction score
anyone using the latest stock 1.29 can confirm that multitasking is much better? i'm using custom rom based on 1.29. it doesn't seem any better tho.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
is it the latest compared to the european 'radio'?

Cos without S-off, we are unable to update radio on custom rom. So any radio updates requires official patch. Given the version that you have just provided, it seems only the rom has changed. The radio seems unaffected hence no major need to update for us custom rom runners I think.

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HTC Singapore fb page says the update is mainly about improving battery life

ExK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos without S-off, we are unable to update radio on custom rom. So any radio updates requires official patch. Given the version that you have just provided, it seems only the rom has changed. The radio seems unaffected hence no major need to update for us custom rom runners I think.

thanks for your patient explanation. :)

RedDevil4Life

Reaction score
HTC Singapore fb page says the update is mainly about improving battery life

HTC Singapore facebook is managed by an external outsourced marketing company. When I won the 'Win One phone a day' contest, the other winners and I were liaising with that company instead of HTC Singapore itself.

even the email they provide on facebook refers to @gmail.com, not @htc.com.

the update (1,29) has solved screen flickering, storage issues and multitasking, according to the folks over at XDA.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
multitasking is not fix...anyone can confirm? try a 3d game and then whatsapp or msg

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i thought the multitasking is a feature, not a bug so HTC will not fix/remove it?

RedDevil4Life

Reaction score
multitasking is not fix...anyone can confirm? try a 3d game and then whatsapp or msg

ya, it's not fixed. which custom rom are you using? it's weird. cause folks who updated said it was.

i thought the multitasking is a feature, not a bug so HTC will not fix/remove it?

they broke/amended/tweaked the original ICS multitasking values. if you compare iOS or ICS multitasking to ours, it's so much different. when i exit a game to text then return to the game, it RESTARTS. how is that a feature? hahaha.

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i think due to popular demand they "promised" to look into it lol...

my prime tab can multitask very well...but browsing still not smooth enough :(

@ RED

i'm on ARHD 6 with Faux b4... batt is very stable, 15% much better. i didn't tweak multitask value. so the EU 1.29 was not adjusted as well, i was surprised that pple say multitask was "fixed" too...

Last edited:

samuelong87

Master Member
Reaction score

yah! Even my old trusty TF101 can multitask without the annoying reload. It has Tegra2 and 1GB ram so i dunno whats with HTC :S

RedDevil4Life

Reaction score

@ RED

i'm on ARHD 6 with Faux b4... batt is very stable, 15% much better. i didn't tweak multitask value. so the EU 1.29 was not adjusted as well, i was surprised that pple say multitask was "fixed" too...

thanks for your confirmation man. was feeling slightly flustered when i realised multitasking is still flawed in my custom rom based on 1.29.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.