The HTC One X - World's first Quad Beast

mtb2104

Reaction score
how's maximus 8.5?? still thinking if i shld go back IC hehe

so far so good... heavy browsing does not render as much heat as stock... 2 hour screen on with 50% juice left (had power saver turned on... checked lower CPU speed and lower brightness only)

waiting for the weekend to try if GPS cycling app will suck it dry or not

PS: Power saver is quite interesting.... quadrant have much lower score, while antutu is higher... :D

Last edited:

garth6

Reaction score
speaking of the devil.. the courier just sent my phone back and i kena 1st surprise liao.. the wifi is ****ty again. .......................
its getting annoying liao.. fix this and then that other thing spoil.... wtf is their servicing team doing!?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My stock set received a software update to version 3.14.707.24.

Android is still version 4.1.1.

scoolboy

Reaction score
walao... after updating the JB it overheats like crazy.. phone is not plugged into anything just basic whatsapp only it heats up to 55.6 degrees!!!! now using a fan to cool it down.. -_-

kelvinth

Reaction score
USB debugging mode is always enabled whenever I connect to USB....And I have already turned the option off in my settings...

y2c_whtdouwant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
USB debugging mode is always enabled whenever I connect to USB....And I have already turned the option off in my settings...
It's something called ADB i think, it's inside android v4.0 onwards..., whenever you plug it to usb, it will turn on...

Btw i think usb debugging must be on if you want to use it as mass storage:s22:

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Reaction score
Can buy from bazaar at chop carrot head price at abt 600-700+ :(

dun want...

google so nice to end user.. why should i let ah beng use me as carrot head.. :s13:

VPN and use Conceige services.

wah.. i very noob at vpn.. nv use before.. same for conceige services.. :(

so far so good... heavy browsing does not render as much heat as stock... 2 hour screen on with 50% juice left (had power saver turned on... checked lower CPU speed and lower brightness only)

waiting for the weekend to try if GPS cycling app will suck it dry or not

PS: Power saver is quite interesting.... quadrant have much lower score, while antutu is higher... :D

my whatsapp like eat up a lot of battery juice leh.. same as what others reported on xda.. how ah..

overall, feeling is like eat more battery at faster rate.. i got reset the phone and wipe everything.. :(

speaking of the devil.. the courier just sent my phone back and i kena 1st surprise liao.. the wifi is ****ty again. .......................
its getting annoying liao.. fix this and then that other thing spoil.... wtf is their servicing team doing!?

i think after-sales support in singapore is piony territority.. gg.com :mad:

My stock set received a software update to version 3.14.707.24.

Android is still version 4.1.1.

errm brother.. android version IS suppose to be 4.1.1.

before that is 4.0.***

correct me if im wrong brothers... :s12:

walao... after updating the JB it overheats like crazy.. phone is not plugged into anything just basic whatsapp only it heats up to 55.6 degrees!!!! now using a fan to cool it down.. -_-

not plugged in ah..

did u do a complete wipe, ie sd-card and reset os..

sometimes when update liao got cock up in the apps..

Is it necessary to perform a system reset after JB update?

not necessary, but good to do so.. will completely clear any bugs in apps that are caused by updating OS..

It's something called ADB i think, it's inside android v4.0 onwards..., whenever you plug it to usb, it will turn on...

Btw i think usb debugging must be on if you want to use it as mass storage:s22:

that is correct..

although i cannot seem to enable mass storage mode instead of MTP mode..

galapogos

Reaction score
Not sure about Mass Storage dependency on ADB, but ADB has been around since the very first versions of Android, not just ICS. It is required for debugging/development usage. If you don't need it, you should turn it off.

kelvinth

Reaction score
Not sure about Mass Storage dependency on ADB, but ADB has been around since the very first versions of Android, not just ICS. It is required for debugging/development usage. If you don't need it, you should turn it off.

I have turned it off. But it's still went in debugging mode when I connect to USB. Not a showstopper as long as it don't expose security loop hole :)

galapogos

Reaction score
It might, if ADB is still enabled. If you have the Android SDK installed, you can see if your phone is detectible with the "adb devices" command

marche000

Reaction score
Gosh! JB on XP really cannot make it to detect my HOX internal storage! :(

Now, I have no choice but to use my little bro's W7 until I buy a new W8 pc after December liao!

It's better than nothing at all for the time being!:s22:

Cheers!

I finally resolved this on WinXP.

1) Install the latest HTC Synce Manager 1.1.66.0

2) Search your Device Manager in [My Computer] and delete away any HTC/Android USE Device. (It will prompt you to do a restart.)

3) After restarted, connect back your HOX to the com. HSM will auto launch and a Auto Run dialog will appear. Click open to view files and voila! you are in the Internal Storage.

WinXP will see your phone as a Portable Device/Others and show as HTC One X.

Hope this helps.

blacksmith

Reaction score
Did factory reset and noticed some very minor changes here and there. overall feel slightly smoother than before reset.

akjazz

Reaction score
Unable to sync after upgrade to 4.1.1

I've did the upgrade earlier but i was unable to sync. When i plug the sync cable, nothing appear and HTC Sync say 'no device connected'.

Did any one encountered the same issue ?

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.