The HTC One X - World's first Quad Beast

Alpha0

Master Member
Reaction score
by the way i disabled some useless apps...
can only disable , but can totally remove them ?
those apps came with the stock...including that lame vietnam thing.

dragonsballz

Reaction score
Sorry to say that i din join the HTC One X club as i decided against getting the HTC One X at the last hour and decided to go with the Korean Mean Manufacturers and got the Note instead.

It maybe more expensive, inferior software, backwards software in the form of Gingerbread but it is more stable so i can enjoy using my phone instead of endless fiddling, back and forth to the forum to check this and that....

After a year, when im able to upgrade will consider this phone if the bugs are fixed, it is not issue of hardware or a rushed job phone that is overlooked by quality control.....and wait...there is also the customer service.....

samuelong87

Master Member
Reaction score
im so excited! ordered a sealed asia-pac set online from taobao and its finally on the way!!
so much trouble to get it since im residing in Beijing for a while. their parallel imports have their boxes and phones delivered separately which was a turn off. had to wait for a long time before the sealed sets were in stock.
Havent been so hyped since my Nexus One direct order! Hope it wont disappoint me :)

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say that i din join the HTC One X club as i decided against getting the HTC One X at the last hour and decided to go with the Korean Mean Manufacturers and got the Note instead.

It maybe more expensive, inferior software, backwards software in the form of Gingerbread but it is more stable so i can enjoy using my phone instead of endless fiddling, back and forth to the forum to check this and that....

After a year, when im able to upgrade will consider this phone if the bugs are fixed, it is not issue of hardware or a rushed job phone that is overlooked by quality control.....and wait...there is also the customer service.....

Fair said! :s22:

dragonsballz

Reaction score
Head up to anyone for SH subscribers who wants a black HTC One X in black........ there is one or maybe more at Bugis Juction shop....Had it reserved coz black is OOS everywhere for the Telcos.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im so excited! ordered a sealed asia-pac set online from taobao and its finally on the way!! so much trouble to get it since im residing in Beijing for a while. Havent been so hyped since my Nexus One direct order! Hope it wont disappoint me :)

I feel your joy :)

shadowlezz

Master Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I sent my One X only a day after using it. They informed me that stock is low and it will take 2 weeks for the replacement to be delivered.

I already waited for a week. Now, one more week to go. If my phone doesn't get delivered on time, I'm planning to file a complaint to CASE.

These practices where in customers are made to wait for a very long time should change.

I'm not sure about the laws regarding return policy, but it's worth to try. Nothing will change unless someone acts against current practices.

Singtel by the way has 1 for 1 exchage as long as it's 7 days or less (correct me if I'm wrong).

Starhub sucks! :(

i tot got the lemon law saying can replace one for one at any shop now ? :eek:

trustME_

Master Member
Reaction score
is the screen distortion a hardware or software problem ? i planning to get 1 for my gf. the screen really good . btw sorry guys this thread moving too fast already , can't keep track what was discussed previously :(

Last edited:

whencatsruletheworld

Reaction score
is the screen distortion a hardware or software problem ? i planning to get 1 for my wife. the screen really good . btw sorry guys this thread moving too fast already , can't keep track what was discussed previously :(

Software issue! Phewww! Something to do with the Graphic issue. Pls correct me if im wrong

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

erm isn't the note slated to get ics update soon in Q2?

Unlimitedjr

Reaction score
After sending in my HTC One X for repair, I had to waste my time again to go to the service center because the service rep didn't register my device details correctly and another useless chap calls me telling I need to submit Proof of Purchase to get repair. After all this nonsense, now am told that I will have to supposedly wait for two weeks as "HQ" has not shipped the repair parts to the service center yet. They don't confirm even then if it can repair.

HTC is the worst and most pathetic service I have experienced ever till date. Cannot even tell definitively when the parts will be available. Seriously paid for flagshi*

nice try, iphone user.
if you hate it so much then just switch phones for good.

Unlimitedjr

Reaction score
anyone still having the screen distortion and successfully exchanged 1-1?!
if yes im gna give it a shot ^_^

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe just so happen you were in a 2g coverage? 2g coverage does not support voice and data...

nope..

got same problem...

most of the time when i leave the browser window and renter it.. the page is gone and needs to be reloaded..

browser app most prob got removed from ram..

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. Coz singtel say only change phone and i keep the box with the old imei...

Going to go into dispute with them if they are not going to change the whole box for me...

lol..

i also change phone only...

but the guy who came was the same guy who did the online delivery for me.. i spoke to him nicely say can change box or not.. he say he sub-contractor employee.. cannot decide on his own, just following instruction.. then i say nvm.. i ask can change the cover which is over the box before u can open the box.. told him imei number on it so can swap it or not as well as those sticker inside that are needed if i send phone for repair.. he say no problem we just swap those stuff then ok liao..

no big deal lah if u ask me.. new phone anyway, not like your accessories when u received them is all damaged.. all also new lol, no point changing new set then they take back the set u opened before and destory.. waste raw material man.. save the EARTH!! save mother nature and its resources!

sk2evolution

Reaction score
I don't own a One X, but most phones nowadays don't last a full day. You have to get used to lugging a charger around unless you're the kind who doesn't touch their phone throughout the entire day.

HTC Sense is buggy... why don't you use the native Facebook for Android app instead?

Hi sk2evolution,

I encountered the same issue (Facebook with HTC Sense) as you on the review unit of the One X.

I have checked with HTC Singapore and they confirmed that it indeed has some problems.

They are currently working on a software fix for it.

This also applies for the distortion lines in the display that several users reported. HTC is also investigating the problem.

Thanks for the helpful hands, dudes~

fi3ry_icy

Master Member
Reaction score

by then u should be considering s3 or iphone 5 liao LOL!!!

samuelong87

Master Member
Reaction score
lol..

i also change phone only...

but the guy who came was the same guy who did the online delivery for me.. i spoke to him nicely say can change box or not.. he say he sub-contractor employee.. cannot decide on his own, just following instruction.. then i say nvm.. i ask can change the cover which is over the box before u can open the box.. told him imei number on it so can swap it or not as well as those sticker inside that are needed if i send phone for repair.. he say no problem we just swap those stuff then ok liao..

no big deal lah if u ask me.. new phone anyway, not like your accessories when u received them is all damaged.. all also new lol, no point changing new set then they take back the set u opened before and destory.. waste raw material man.. save the EARTH!! save mother nature and its resources!

haha. smart move! works for One X's packaging.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.