HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HTC U11 Plus

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #151
Supremacy Member

Hihi
Can advise which shop and location in tw airport? I might be transiting there soon and might hoot if price is right

Some questions if u can help
1) do they have translucent black
2) is it unlocked
3) if the shop can be accessed inside the transit area

Thanks in advance

I was in HK and TW recently.

In HK those Harvey Norman-type of store (Fortress to be exact), U11+ was going for around S$950. I remember there were further discount because of Christmas sale so it was even lower.

In TK I saw in the duty free shop in airport, going for around S$970.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:00 AM   #152
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hihi
Can advise which shop and location in tw airport? I might be transiting there soon and might hoot if price is right

Some questions if u can help
1) do they have translucent black
2) is it unlocked
3) if the shop can be accessed inside the transit area

Thanks in advance

Wa sorry I can't remember what shop it is. But no, they did not have translucent black and I only beo the price then zao liao.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #153

Wa sorry I can't remember what shop it is. But no, they did not have translucent black and I only beo the price then zao liao.
Terminal 1, near C1 gate. Can't remember the name of shop.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #154

http://wtn.today/2018/01/preorder-fo...th-over-rm500/

Malaysia will launch u11+ on this Thursday
Alexz_Hong likes this.
wusgnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:36 AM   #155

http://wtn.today/2018/01/preorder-fo...th-over-rm500/

Malaysia will launch u11+ on this Thursday
You'll be surprised at this:
The first 50 customer to Pre-order with them will get freebies worth more then RM 500! No detail of what early bird gift has been mentioned. If you wish to know more, you will need to contact them. The device will cost you RM3099. The pre-order collection date is written at this January 22th. If you wish to be the very first to own the device, this is your chance.
Seen that price tag somewhere? That's actually the Malaysian launch price of the 5.5-inch U11 back in June 2017, the price then? RM3099, which explains the sharp price cuts before the imminent launch (to RM2499). Your eyes aren't deceiving you, HTC in Malaysia is launching the U11+ there with the same launch price as the U11 had last year. (Tiny Update: The Confirmed Malaysia Edition of the U11+ is in line with rumours: 6GB/128GB confirmed, and RM3,099 price tag, BUT there's a catch: ONLY the Translucent Black Edition will be made available for that market specifically.)
Again, if HTC Singapore would follow that pattern again, expect to see the launch price of the U11+ in SG, if it were to happen, at the same launch price as the U11 back in June last year: S$998 w/o contract. (Hope I'm proven right this time...)

Last edited by Tsurugi_Matsuda; 11-01-2018 at 11:58 PM..
Tsurugi_Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #156

You'll be surprised at this:

Seen that price tag somewhere? That's actually the Malaysian launch price of the 5.5-inch U11 back in June 2017, the price then? RM3099, which explains the sharp price cuts before the imminent launch (to RM2499). Your eyes aren't deceiving you, HTC in Malaysia is launching the U11+ there with the same launch price as the U11 had last year. (Tiny Update: The Confirmed Malaysia Edition of the U11+ is in line with rumours: 6GB/128GB confirmed, and RM3,099 price tag, BUT there's a catch: ONLY the Translucent Black Edition will be made available for that market specifically.)
Again, if HTC Singapore would follow that pattern again, expect to see the launch price of the U11+ in SG, if it were to happen, at the same launch price as the U11 back in June last year: S$998 w/o contract. (Hope I'm proven right this time...)
No news still. HTC did said January.
icetrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #157

Hmm... Why is HTC launching u11 eye instead of the actual u11+??

Neck getting longer and longer...
120602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #158
Supremacy Member

Because rightfully HTC has already launched HTC U11 Plus just that it has not (or never) released in Singapore.
xRenol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #159
Master Member

Might as well wait for U12..
JackDulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 11:26 PM   #160
Supremacy Member

Might as well wait for U12..
Haha... I guess it will be either end of Q2 or beginning or Q3 for U12 to reach Singapore if they launch at MWC 2018 in Feb 2018.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #161

Haha... I guess it will be either end of Q2 or beginning or Q3 for U12 to reach Singapore if they launch at MWC 2018 in Feb 2018.
According to leaks, U12 launches globally in May while the Plus variant in October, meaning the Plus could see its launch here no earlier than Q1 2019...

I would be more inclined to believe a gap in registration for respective devices to actual launch and release of the said device. Note that SIRIM got the registration 2+ weeks earlier than IMDA-TLS for the same device (29 Nov 2017 for Malaysia SIRIM vs 15 Dec 2017 for Singapore IMDA-TLS). And HTC Malaysia finally got the launch and pre-order date around 6 weeks after their own registration was approved. So hopefully if a similar fashion plays out, Singapore's launch of the U11+ could happen in either last week of January or first week of February, hopefully the earlier date so that your necks can stop growing any longer perhaps...
Also, U11 EYEs are likely not for our markets, since they mentioned launching this mid-ranger in East Asia Regions only (Taiwan, HK and PR China).

Last edited by Tsurugi_Matsuda; Yesterday at 01:08 AM..
Tsurugi_Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #162
Supremacy Member

According to leaks, U12 launches globally in May while the Plus variant in October, meaning the Plus could see its launch here no earlier than Q1 2019...
I also read that U12 may launch in May 2018 from the leaks unless HTC is able to push to MWC 2018.
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #163

I was in HK and TW recently.

In HK those Harvey Norman-type of store (Fortress to be exact), U11+ was going for around S$950. I remember there were further discount because of Christmas sale so it was even lower.

In TK I saw in the duty free shop in airport, going for around S$970.
Just got mine from a trip to HK Works perfectly ah
KeyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #164

Gave up waiting, got a Mate 10 for like $700 BNIB with 2 years warranty and it works great, fast and battery life is actually very good, i estimated i can get 5 to 6 hours of SOT on with dual sims!

Cheaper and great SOT!
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just got mine from a trip to HK Works perfectly ah
I was thinking real hard if I should buy it, but ultimately decided against it as I thought Singapore will launch soon. But seems like no news up to now and my HTC 10 is dying.

Phone always restarts on its own when battery <20% and will stuck in an infinite loop of restarts unless I plug in a charger. Seems like a battery issue.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.