Huawei Mate 10

Shib

Reaction score
Yup, either one fits my budget. Wish I cld afford the pros but too exp for now :( I'm female BTW so not into heavy gaming/intensive apps etc �
P20 is inferior than the mate 10 in my opinion. If you want to consider upgrade, you should be looking at the P20 Pro that offers better camera capabilities.

Sent from HUAWEI ALP-L29 using GAGT

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OnePlus3, so anything is better than what I have now ;)

I thought you're using M10 now since you said "upgrade".

In that case, both are decent options since you'll be paying for either anyway, though I believe you can wait a BIT more for P20 non Pro price to drop a bit more.

M10 is really one of the best value right now IMO, across all brands because you can find them for like $640 or so brand new. P20 is still $8XX.

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to a fast update. Nothing beats Google Pixel and iPhones when it comes to updates. However, early adopters run the risk of botched firmware. Google and iPhone for example updates very frequently, but breaks things faster as a result.

Don't get me wrong, as I have nothing against a fast firmware update. Just that recent trends made me a little more cautious about these fast updates.

Ya, I recalled that lately there's this iOS 11 update that causes WhatsApp to not receive messages. Made me fuxx my buddy verbally many times for not responding.

Moodee

Reaction score
@charleslin, @5408854088, @8-lane
Thank you so much for your invaluable comments! I don't have any techie friends to consult so your opinions have been really helpful. Will mull over this and decide soon! :s12:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought you're using M10 now since you said "upgrade".

In that case, both are decent options since you'll be paying for either anyway, though I believe you can wait a BIT more for P20 non Pro price to drop a bit more.

M10 is really one of the best value right now IMO, across all brands because you can find them for like $640 or so brand new. P20 is still $8XX.

I feel there is no reason for P20 to exist in the first place. I believe the P series is all about the camera, so it makes no sense to buy the non Pro version. Clearly the Mate 10 is a much better deal despite having less storage, 64 vs 128GB, but it offers storage expansion via micro SD card.

Furthermore, the pricing of the P20 is not justifiable since it is just a Mate 10 with a new chassis.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your invaluable comments! I don't have any techie friends to consult so your opinions have been really helpful. Will mull over this and decide soon! :s12:

For those of you looking for mate 10 deals, iShopChangi is selling it for $652 (no gst) - 7% off (use coupon code: gadget7) = $622.33. If you are travelling or have a friend flying out etc, this is worth considering. Includes free delivery...

https://www.ishopchangi.com/product/huawei-mate-10-59in-4gb-leica-dual-camera-30536-19

U're welcome.. so u might be getting the M10 thru iShopChangi?

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ergonomically, you may feel that p20 is fits better. aesthetically it may also be better. but each to its own. some prefer taller screen while others prefer wider screen. since you are going to spend the money, can top-up a little more get something you like as you will be using it for a number of years. have to see what are your requirements. for some, its the camera. in terms of benchmark, p20 have better scores. you can look around at reputable local mobile phone shops for their pricing. maybe you can find a good deal.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho
Always tempted to change new phones. The frequencies were like less than 6 months. But don't have such urge after m10 pro.
Mate is Huawei flagship. So I don't appreciate the pricing of P20 pro at this level. Seems a rip off

CS0287

Reaction score
Imho
Always tempted to change new phones. The frequencies were like less than 6 months. But don't have such urge after m10 pro.
Mate is Huawei flagship. So I don't appreciate the pricing of P20 pro at this level. Seems a rip off
P20 pro is like s9 plus from Samsung.... Also flagship I think

bill2012

Reaction score
Hi peeps just got my mate 10 and applied a tempered glass but it seems that the both vertical side is"lifted" and not able to cover all despite how much I press it in.. Is it normal? Should I just go naked if I take care it very carefully? Thanks!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho
The phones are getting pricier year on year because they keep pushing the specs regardless whether people need it. Some phones are rocking 8GB of ram, when I hardly see Mate 10 Pro dropping to less than 3GB.

Anyway, P20 Pro is pricey purely for having the best camera currently. For people that is chasing after better camera, P20 Pro is quite enticing. For me, I have moved beyond mobile phone camera, back to a proper camera.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps just got my mate 10 and applied a tempered glass but it seems that the both vertical side is"lifted" and not able to cover all despite how much I press it in.. Is it normal? Should I just go naked if I take care it very carefully? Thanks!

I feel you should just leave it be. No point wasting money to by the TG, then remove it. The sides are only obvious when the screen is off anyway.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P20 pro is like s9 plus from Samsung.... Also flagship I think

The Mate series is supposed to be the flagship as it should come with the SOC refresh. For example, this years Mate 20 Pro is expected to come with Kirin 980 and the triple camera setup on the P20 Pro.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
P series is the flagshop of Huawei ,just like NOTE is flapship of sammy

of cos to some flagship is not always the best

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mate is supposedly the flagship IIRC, not P.

P is for consumer with camera as the main focus.

Mate is the one where they introduce new SOC.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Based on the timing of its release, it is almost like the equivalent of the Note. However if you based it on the year in which it is released, the Mate series will be the flagship for sure. The correct comparison is P10 vs Mate 10 for example.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.