HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Huawei Mate 9

Like Tree275Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #3196
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi
Very keen on the Huawei Mate 9, saw it in Sim Lim Sq shop. While it shows 5.9 inch full usable screen when playing games or video. For web browsing and other the control bar takes up quite a bit. I compared it to my Samsung note 4 then, the height of Mate 9 screen seems to be smaller when excluding the control panel.
Is there anyway to maximize the 5.9in screen?
what do u mean my control panel? u mean the navigation bar?

you can change the display size of mate 9
Old 20-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #3197

Hi,
Yes the navigation panel it is.
With the default size of nav panel, the screen size is much smaller than 5.9inch.

If can change size of panel I will explore again.
Thanks!
what do u mean my control panel? u mean the navigation bar?

you can change the display size of mate 9
DaveMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 09:32 AM   #3198
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi,
With the default size of nav panel, the screen size is much smaller than 5.9inch.

Thanks!
navigation panel size cannot change, but u can change display size of the screen to fit in more content in the screen
Old 20-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #3199

Anyone encountered erratic touch screen behaviour? Recently I'm getting strange touch responses, sometimes scrolling will result in a click of whatever is under my finger when I release my finger. Other times pressing the back button once will result in multiple taps detected. Press and hold the back button will result in multiple presses (with haptic feedback), and it's not consistent.

Thinking whether to send in for servicing, or to remove my screen protector and try first.
alphacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #3200

Hi,

Thanks!
This is quite true. How is the 5.9 inches measured? I used a ruler to measure and the actual screen size is quite a bit smaller.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT
iguoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #3201
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is quite true. How is the 5.9 inches measured? I used a ruler to measure and the actual screen size is quite a bit smaller.

Diagonally...
KeYoKe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #3202

Anyone encountered erratic touch screen behaviour? Recently I'm getting strange touch responses, sometimes scrolling will result in a click of whatever is under my finger when I release my finger. Other times pressing the back button once will result in multiple taps detected. Press and hold the back button will result in multiple presses (with haptic feedback), and it's not consistent.

Thinking whether to send in for servicing, or to remove my screen protector and try first.
i dont have this problem maybe u try restarting it, did your device drop in water or did u install any funny things recently? holding back button should not result in multiple presses effect...
StealthNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #3203

Diagonally...
I know screens are measured diagonally. That was how I measured and it was quite a bit smaller than 5.9 inches. My question is how did Huawei get 5.9 inches?

Edit: Ok, I figured out why. They probably measured the screen all the way down to the navigation keys which is easily another 5mm.

Last edited by iguoh; 20-03-2017 at 09:55 PM..
iguoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #3204

Go to developer options, show touches and see if touch is not detected at some places on the screen. Developer options can be enabled by going to settings, about phone and tapping on build number 7 times. I personally experienced an issue with my LCD touch sensitivity and sent it for warranty already, will be collecting at the service center (at Somerset) and will let everyone know how it went.
1c3_5n0w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #3205

can share link of the super charge? thanks.
here's the link: https://world.taobao.com/item/544939001039.htm
there are quite a few sellers selling the china original huawei mate9/mate9pro supercharger. Go take a look at the reviews and prices before deciding on your purchase
symbiote28 likes this.
friedapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #3206

here's the link: https://world.taobao.com/item/544939001039.htm
there are quite a few sellers selling the china original huawei mate9/mate9pro supercharger. Go take a look at the reviews and prices before deciding on your purchase
thanks for the sic bro. so i guess we'll have to use a 3 pin adapter for this
symbiote28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #3207

White is ceramic i think... Black is brushed aluminium, looks like metal. Gold is polished metal like the iphone jet black, behind is shiny shiny and smooth de, feels like plastic
Ya.. Got to try the gold one.. Was puzzled y it feels like plastic or glass.. Will it scratch or break like glass?
standing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 01:40 AM   #3208

those who wanna make use of lazada can also purchase the supercharge:

28.80+2.99 shipping.

http://www.lazada.sg/huawei-p9-mate9...-13935081.html
symbiote28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #3209
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya.. Got to try the gold one.. Was puzzled y it feels like plastic or glass.. Will it scratch or break like glass?
Don't think so. It should be polished aluminium like the iPhone jetblack
KeYoKe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #3210

Just bought the original charger plus cable for $48.10 last Saturday from 313 Somerset

Last edited by meekiatah; 21-03-2017 at 07:45 AM..
meekiatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.