$39 M1 - 1GBPS fibre broadband plan??

OrdinaryMoon

Reaction score
Any reviews? My 200mbps M1 fibre contract expiring and i need to recontract it ASAP. To be honest, the 200mbps plan which is also $39 a month has been great for the past 21months. Never had lag/disconnect issues or even internet down before. Although theoretically speaking, 1GBPS would mean faster speed but i still have my doubts leh. Anyone can share experience with this 1GBPS plan (M1)??

abstrax

Reaction score
Since 200Mbps is good for u, then just stick to it lor...1Gbps is just higher bandwidth...tats all..speed is latency which is the same if u r using same RSP.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
Since 200Mbps is good for u, then just stick to it lor...1Gbps is just higher bandwidth...tats all..speed is latency which is the same if u r using same RSP.
the problem to ts is no more 200mbps ...

either 100 or 1gbps plan nia..

he got no choice

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should consider M1. But why it is priced $39 when starhub and Singtel expensive?

Using the industrial point of view, different companies employ different technological infrastructures and different vendors. There is no perfect infrastructure and it is designed in a way that suits the company's pool of consumers.

As far as I know, Singtel designs it's internet infrastructure differently from other ISPs, which singtel claims it is better in their opinion.

From the consumer point of view, we all aim for the cheapest with the best service. If M1 fits your criteria, then sign up for it.

In singapore, you won't get any cui ISPs. You'll only compare which ISP is more worthy for your money only.. :)

frankssama

Reaction score
M1 has way better value than the other carriers.

Also, to answer your question, 200mbps will be relevant for at least 3 more years as our internet speeds are almost always faster than server output. So unless you're downloading a file from a local server, chances are you will never experience the 1gbps speed anyway.

To add, there are other factors such as computer speed, router bandwidth that will factor into your actual speed.

TLDR, 200mbps is good, but if the 1gbps is also $39/month then why not?

greythorne

Reaction score
So TS you went with M1? btw does M1 also has points like SH? You can use the points to pay your bills.

greythorne

Reaction score
I just signed up to M1's 1Gbps plan. I took the AC56S router. Anything to look out for in this plan and router? Any advice to maximize the signal strength? My flat is small at 60sqm.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just signed up to M1's 1Gbps plan. I took the AC56S router. Anything to look out for in this plan and router? Any advice to maximize the signal strength? My flat is small at 60sqm.

Read a bit leh friend.. everything we spoon feed you arh? Hahas..

frankssama

Reaction score
A quick google search would help you. If you want a quick buy, visit Challenger outlets, Sim Lim or Funan. If time is not an issue, check out Lazada.

D-Link has a range of high-power routers equipped with antennas that can help maximize your coverage. If you are more casual, then perhaps a range extender or powerline would suffice.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A quick google search would help you. If you want a quick buy, visit Challenger outlets, Sim Lim or Funan. If time is not an issue, check out Lazada.

D-Link has a range of high-power routers equipped with antennas that can help maximize your coverage. If you are more casual, then perhaps a range extender or powerline would suffice.
Y not Asus ac67u or ac68u? As far as I noe most routers can't have output at 1gbps speed due to hardware limitations n interferences. Also, 5ghz band range is not good though the speed is fast... If u rly need 1gbps I suggest u go for cabling. If not upgrade ur WiFi Card to support 1gbps. So far I heard alot of gd reviews of m1, if they have $29 100mbps plan I will jump to it. What do we need 1gbps for?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
asus no horse run for me. Ac87u as main router in office, n ac68u for the rest of floors. Home using ac66u. No complains. Throughput for game is good. M1 1gbps plan at 39 is cheap. Why pay more? Only thing is weekend ont spoil, no one will help u, believe same for all telcos.

Last edited:

redrex

Reaction score
I am a victim after I upgrade from 200mbos to 1gbps. If you are using it ok, then my advice is don't change. My nightmare came after I change to 1Gbps. If u see my previous post you see the speed u getting on 2.4G you fall from your chair。
I did a test on my IPhone 6+ on 5G the speed I got so unstable, upload speed is very bad.
I don't know how to post picture here, if not I can attach the speed test and show you. 4 months problem and they taking their own sweet time to look into the matter. Very upset with M1, frankly to me how I feel is like they don't even where is the problem, so how to help is their biggest issue.

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just got my 1gb M1 installed today its looks ok.
Is this speed ok
4680303387.png

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got my 1gb M1 installed today its looks ok.
Is this speed ok
4680303387.png

Wired connection? Using ie to test on SGIX server? Windows 8.1? Please try a few speed test. My best record is 970+ Mbps and HK 900 Mbps.

4615405368.png

Last edited:

SongManKranji

High Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Tks Henry for prompt reply.
Will do some testing later.
As for home plugs currently I am using in the room Aztech 200mbps plug, using wired connection I am only getting about 60mbps for both download and upload.
Does this mean I must upgrade the plugs.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Tks Henry for prompt reply.
Will do some testing later.
As for home plugs currently I am using in the room Aztech 200mbps plug, using wired connection I am only getting about 60mbps for both download and upload.
Does this mean I must upgrade the plugs.

That is the limit for Aztech 200Mbps speed.

Nobody can guarantee if you change your plugs to the higher tiers = better performance because it depends with your house wiring as well.

Still, its better to try it then not.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.