[Giveaway] How will ASUS AiMesh benefit you?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Here's the TnC. Updated in first post as well. :)
Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

@ Asus@SG, @ Cheryl

What's the T&C for this lucky draw?

Sent from No $$ No Honey, Nobody ❤ Me :( using GAGT

benjaminsg

Reaction score
Internet Plan:
StarHub 1Gbps

Current Router Model:
Dlink 868L (main)
Dlink DIR-825 (via wired AP)

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!
currently i am using 2 routers, both provided by Starhub (i think) when re-contacting my home broadband. Staying in a maisonette, there is obvious blind spots in terms of wifi-coverage. AiMesh is something that will definitely address the wifi-blindspot issue. Unlike typical mesh-networks, AiMesh consists of 2 full functioning routers, which helps in network management and security. This is exactly why i have yet to jump on the mesh networking bandwagon. The options out there are incomplete, some do offer backhaul some do not. Some offer more controls over the network, some limited controls. Most of the mesh networks comes with only 2 wired ports, so if 1 is used for backhaul, means only 1 is available to use. Almost all routers come with 4 lan ports available, and i know Asus even have 1 that has 8ports.
So in short, AiMesh is what i am waiting for in terms of networking. Full functioning routers with mesh network functions also.
Just awaiting for more to feedback on the quality and stability. As per most router users, i like 24/7 functionality.

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:
Vq 1gbps fiber

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do):

Asus AC68

As everything has become digital, wireless coverage is essential to everyday life.

Both me and my mum love baking and we will get the recipes / video online. But there is an issue, dead spot in the kitchen.

So Everytime when we streaming baking video, we need to go in and out of the kitchen to watch the video.

With this, we hope this will improve our baking experience. :D

Sent from No $$ No Honey, Nobody ❤ Me :( using GAGT

Simpsonskh

Reaction score
Internet plan
M1 200Mbps

Current Router Model :
Asus RT AC88U

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you! :
Inorder to solve some dead spots in my house. With Asus Aimesh, I can just have another Asus router to mesh. Most importantly, I don't lose the features that I needed. The Aiprotection, Game boost as well as VPN.. (I bought Asus router initially for these features). With others mesh system I don't think I can get the combine features in one system.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:

Starhub 1 Gbps Fibre

DLink DIR-868L 2 units Main & AP

Currently with 2 routers of same model even roaming within the premise can be a bit disruptive.
As i have tried autozoning on these routers but there are dis-advantages and shortfall.
Ideally home roaming on wireless should be similar to mobile data network.

ASUS AiMesh will be suitable to home wireless coverage.
For starter it is quick and easy to setup once.
Also it can add more routers as there are plenty of choice models to choose from.
Connection works seamlessly and stable as the main objective and priority.
In this way it connect in the background while on the go in and around the premise.
With these features it will provide the best performance.
And not to forget the advanced technology that ASUS did research on.
Finally with ASUS AiMesh it will fill the gap where it is distinction from other mesh system.

Thanks for reading.

Eric.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

M1 fibre 500mbps

Asus RT-AC88U
Asus RT-AC68U
Asus RT-AC56S (still in storeroom)

I've been wanting to buy a mesh system to improve my wireless signal. Now with AiMesh, i can dig out my retired AC68U and give it a few more good years. :)

shades80

Reaction score
Internet plan:
M1 300Mbps Fiber

Current router model:
Asus NT-56U (absolute gem, working 24/7 since 2014)

My current NT-56U has served me well for all these years in my apartment, with the exception of one particular room where the WiFi coverage drops to almost nil.

AImesh will be able to make use of existing Asus routers (hopefully it supports NT-56U in the future) to help setup the mesh network to eliminate the 'dead spots' in my house, without needing to also purchase brand new mesh router sets.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan:
VQ 1gbps fiber

Asus AC88U (Main router @ DB Box)
Asus AC1200g+ (AP @ MBR)
Asus NT-56U (AP @ Common Room)

I am currently already doing pseudo AiMesh, router & APs setting up with same SSID and password so when I walk around the house, when 1 signal drop it will connect to the next strongest node. However, in this case it is not really ideal since the the handling of the wifi signal is not seamless. This method I am using now will suffer from very poor wifi signal even when I am walking close to another stronger node but my device still connected to a weaker node. And also the dropping of wifi for a period when switching to a stronger node. If I can have another AiMesh enabled router, it would be perfect for me to upgrade the AC1200g+ so I can have a more seamless wifi experience when playing mobile legends and have to walk from mbr to kitchen to grab a drink.

All my APs are wan wired to main router and have lan devices connected, so normal Mesh system does not really suit my needs as they do not have enough lan ports. With Asus AiMesh using existing router to setup as AiMesh really provide enough lan ports with the convenience of Mesh wifi system.

I used to own a AC68U and sold it off when I upgraded to AC88U, had I know ASUS will be implementing AiMesh, I would not have sold AC68U.

Last edited:

U2gamer

Reaction score
Internet plan:
Singtel Fibre 1Gbps.

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do) :
ASUS RT-AC5300

Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!:
Currently, I am using ASUS RT-AC5300 with ASUS's beta version of AiMesh which works great! As the router is in the living room due to the position of ONT, my wifi speed in my bedroom is quite slow due to the walls in-between. I hope to upgrade to a mesh network and by adding another compatible AiMesh router, it will definitely boost my wifi speed in my bedroom as I am currently stuck on 2.4ghz in my bedroom and ensure that there is great wifi speed anywhere around the house.With AiMesh, I do not need to waste money to buy an expensive mesh system when I already have an expensive router!

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Internet Plan
• Singtel 300 Mbps Fibre

Current Router Model
• Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900

• Recalling back about 2 years ago where I first signed up for Singtel's Fiber plan, got the Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 and realised that I have a dead spot in my bedroom, I started the Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 thread on Hardware Zone to share information of this router and in hopes of solving this problem as well as the problems of many.

However, that did not work and I settled on a powerline adapter which gave me a high latency connection with terrible speeds. Had been thinking of getting a mesh system but most of the systems out there are either too expensive or not capable enough.

Now with the ASUS AiMesh, I can get to enjoy the best of both worlds, getting full feature router support with great speeds as well as a mesh network, all at a much lower cost than a similarly specced mesh system on its own. I would also finally be able to enjoy a high speed connection in my bedroom, of course after getting a compatible ASUS Router to compliment the ASUS RT-AC86U given in this giveaway :D

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

M1 1Gbps Fibre

Asus RT-AC68U

As the Fibre TP is terminated at 1 corner of the living room of my 5 room flat near the entrance, the position of my router is unfortunately, quite limited to that area. Masterbed room and kitchen at the other ends usually have the weakest wifi strength. With the ASUS AiMesh, I can effectively cover those blindspots and deadzones with the ASUS AiMesh by adding another ASUS router! With AiMesh, I do not need to waste money to buy an expensive mesh system when I already have a Rock Solid Asus router!

human_shieldz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet Plan
  • Fibre Broadband 300Mbps

Current router model
  • RT-AC1200G+

• With ASUS AiMesh, i can recycle unused (supported) ASUS routers to finally get rid of those dead wifi spots without spending a ton of money on an entire set of Mesh system. Another benefit is i can ask around to see who isn't using their ASUS routers anymore so i can make use of them without needing to buy, reduce wastage too!! :)

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Internet plan

SingTel Fiber 1Gbps

Current router model

ASUS RT AC88U

I initially bought the AC88U because my mum was complaining that her room could not receive wifi signal. But even after getting it, the situation did not improve!

With the new AiMesh technology, I can put a router in her room so that she can get the wireless signal. I am not sure if it will work but please let me win the router so that I can test it out!

Volvo9

Reaction score
Internet plan:
M1 1gbps fiber

Current router model:

Asus AC1200g+

My other 2 bedrooms which is at the other far end of the house always have intermittent connection using wifi. Had bought Aztech wall plug for better connection. At times it also failed.

With aiMesh, hope it can provide better coverage.

kahn

Reaction score
Internet plan

M1 1Gbps Fibre

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)

1. Asus AC88U (ground floor)
2. Asus AC68U (second floor)
3. TP Link

I stay in a 3 storey semi-D, and I use the Asus AC88U as my main router on the ground floor, and the AC68U on the second floor, and a TP link on the third.

I have been contemplating getting a WIFI Mesh system as currently, whenever I move from the first to the second floor, if I am on a IP call on my mobile, the call will be disconnected when it changes from one wifi network to the next. With AiMesh, this will no longer be a problem!

And I have 2 young children whom I control their internet usage using the QOS and parental control to limit their use. Currently, when I change any of the settings, I have to do it for the 2 Asus routers, and unfortunately the TP Link does not have such features (so they can't use the wifi on the 3rd floor).

With the additional new Asus router, I will be able to activate AiMesh and link up all the routers in the whole house, and I will be able to control the features easily!

sianliaolor

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Who thinks it's time for a giveaway from us? =:p

Just before CES 2018, ASUS announced AiMesh Whole-Home Wi-Fi for ASUS Routers. For those who don't know what that is - AiMesh is basically a free new router feature that connects multiple ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi system, offering users a powerful and flexible alternative to proprietary mesh systems.

With AiMesh, all routers can still use all their own features, as well as all the features of the other routers — with easy central control of all settings from the ASUS Router mobile app or ASUSWRT. So great features like AiProtection, QoS and Parental Controls work across the entire network, ensuring that no-one can bypass them by connecting to a different router. (Just remember to always connect your highest-specification router to your internet service) :s12:

aW68sFH.png

Read more about it here.

MODELS THAT SUPPORT AiMesh (In Singapore)
RT-AC88U Link
RT-AC86U Link
RT-AC68U Link

COMING SOON
ROG RAPTURE GT-AC5300
RT-AC5300

Now for the fun part, stand to win an ASUS RT-AC86U router from us! Here's how:

HOW TO WIN

Tell us your:
  • Internet plan
  • Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
  • Tell us how you think the ASUS AiMesh will benefit you!

Contest period: 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018

We'll pick and announce the THREE lucky winners that will be walking away with the router at the end of the contest/giveaway. T&Cs apply.

Terms & Conditions:
1. Contest runs from 22/1/2018 - 09/02/2018. Winners will be picked on 12/02/2018 and notified within the same week. In the event that the winner(s) fail to respond within 3 working days, ASUS SG reserves the right to select new winner(s).
2. Winners to collect prize at ASUS GLOBAL PTE LTD.
3. ASUS SG reserves the right to modify or cancel this Promotion, or change the Terms and Conditions for this Promotion at anytime without prior notice.
4. In event of dispute, the decision by ASUS SG is final and no further correspondence will be entertained.

Thank you,
ASUS Cheryl :)

My internet is 1gbps.
My router is RT-AC1200G+.
Asus AiMesh will be able to make my wireless in my house fully coverage. The bomb shelter is at the center of my house layout which cost wireless signal to be very weak or even no signal. With Asus AiMesh, I will not experience any dead spot and able to run my internet at full speed.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Internet :M1 300Mbps
Router : pfsense

I have complete WiFi coverage in my house with 1 Ubiquiti AP, however that was not always the case. During the dark ages where I was subscribed to SingTel blazing fast 3Mbps DSL, I used the excellent router bestowed upon us. My family did not experience anything like it before, somehow it magically emitted internet. Me and my family huddled around it like a campfire to use its mysterious WiFi. Like a campfire it required maintenance. Occasionally when we were using it the WiFi would stop emitting and I crossed my fingers turn the device off and prayed to the gods hoping the WiFi would come back when I switch it back on. More often then not I was rewarded for my efforts (threatening to smash it to pieces) and continued using the internet until more encouragement was required. Fast forward to the time of enlightenment, I now know enough of networking to know WiFi is not the work of gods and with enough knowledge one can make the WiFi work indefinitely. However my father still does not see the light and believe that he has to be in close proximity to the router to bask in the warmth of WiFi. With Asus AiMesh, I can set up the shrine (router) at my dad place of worship (his room) It will greatly warm his heart to know the router is always by his side and he need not need to venture far to use the internet.

darkraider

Reaction score
Internet plan
- Singtel Fibre 1Gbps.

Current router model (Yes, any brand will do)
- Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900.

- Planing to get the ASUS RT-AC88U, with ASUS RT-AC86U i can maximize the coverage for my flat using AiMesh.

XOhmGX

Reaction score
Internet plan:
Starhub 1gbps fiber

Asus AC5300

Looking forward to rock Aimesh with my AC5300 once the update is available, can’t wait to be synced to just one SSID and have awesome internet speeds all round the house!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.