[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

vagus1978

Reaction score
need help here:
(--- 1G connection)
(== 2G connection, ie Link Aggregation/Trunk/bond)

Setup A: AC88U -------HP Procurve 1810-24G ===Synology 1511+
Works

Setup B: AC88U ===X===HP Procurve 1810-24G ===Synology 1511+
Doesn't work

I enabled trunking/bond/LA on both the AC88U and my HP switch.

Is there anything wrong with my setup B?

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
I would like to buy this router and I'm using Singtel Fiber 500Mbps. Does it mean that with firmware 3.0.0.4.380.941, this router will support Singtel Fiber 500Mbps? How should the router be connected to the ONT and how should I connect the phone line that is currently hooked up to the Aztech router?

Thanks.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like to buy this router and I'm using Singtel Fiber 500Mbps. Does it mean that with firmware 3.0.0.4.380.941, this router will support Singtel Fiber 500Mbps? How should the router be connected to the ONT and how should I connect the phone line that is currently hooked up to the Aztech router?

Thanks.

all versions of asus firmware will support the singtel fibre 500. 941 is the latest one thus far with some optimisation and fixes.. not a perfect firmware, but i think its kinda stable than 858..

ONT goes to the WAN port of asus router and thats all, do bear in mind u need to choose iptv profile to be "singtel-others". port 4 of asus router in this iptv profile will be reserved solely for singtel tv.

the phone line has to be connected to ONT, but first, you need to inform singtel to migrate the configuration from aztech to ONT.

nautilus

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

all versions of asus firmware will support the singtel fibre 500. 941 is the latest one thus far with some optimisation and fixes.. not a perfect firmware, but i think its kinda stable than 858..

ONT goes to the WAN port of asus router and thats all, do bear in mind u need to choose iptv profile to be "singtel-others". port 4 of asus router in this iptv profile will be reserved solely for singtel tv.

the phone line has to be connected to ONT, but first, you need to inform singtel to migrate the configuration from aztech to ONT.

zenus

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick question...
How is the wifi coverage of this compared to AC3200 and AC87U?
My current router (AC3200) is placed in the breakout box at the main entrance of a 4 room flat. Apparently the wifi signal is not strong enough to reach my bedroom and I have to install an AP in my master bedroom.
Hoping this new router AC88 is strong enough before i make my purchase.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question...
How is the wifi coverage of this compared to AC3200 and AC87U?
My current router (AC3200) is placed in the breakout box at the main entrance of a 4 room flat. Apparently the wifi signal is not strong enough to reach my bedroom and I have to install an AP in my master bedroom.
Hoping this new router AC88 is strong enough before i make my purchase.

LOL, might improve a little, but who knows? no one can give u a definite answer to your question.

midlusionz

Reaction score
Hi, how do we "enable" the game boost tab? The firmware version is the latest.

TIA!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When i do a "check" under adminstration it said its having the latest too.

Latest is 858. I suggest you don't use the built-in firmware updater.. sometimes it might be inaccurate. If u r running 858, then do a reset.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.