LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #2491
Supremacy Member

Sigh so still dunno safe to buy or not
See this

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/BUNDL...tion/PKG206472
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 01:46 AM   #2492

Yes sir. Most of my devices is 5ghz compatible. My previous set can detect and this replacement set first month can detect but not now. Now asus cs said will get back to me to replace another model.

Are you sure your device is 5 ghz compatible?
Speed also depends on the device, not
So true that you can get full speed all the time.
stone1978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #2493

[QUOTE=Henry Ng;109711446]See this

I dunno if wifi mesh useful for 2bedroom hdb flat or not. I read setup easier but dunno speed and connection stability got improve or not.
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #2494
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes sir. Most of my devices is 5ghz compatible. My previous set can detect and this replacement set first month can detect but not now. Now asus cs said will get back to me to replace another model.
Is it laptop or HP WIFI having 5GHZ issue?
If laptop especially running on Windows 10 best check the driver.
Old 14-08-2017, 01:31 AM   #2495

Please stop your nonsense. This thread is about the ASUS RT-AC88U router. Stay on topic or get out.
Firefly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 01:58 AM   #2496

Laptop, iPad, iPhones, android phones all show 2.4ghz only.

stone1978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #2497

Laptop, iPad, iPhones, android phones all show 2.4ghz only.
Clearly, the problem is with the router, not your other devices. Please let us know what Avertek is giving you as a replacement to the RT-AC88U. I hope it is something of equal performance (3100mbps) or better.
Old 14-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #2498

So these 5Ghz all have issue. Any firmware higher then 3941 have issue for me.
(A5) 2016 - X
(A6) 201x - X
(A7) 2017 - X
RMerlin said he has been using AC88U as his primary router and had not seen this 5G dropping issue. A search on his post appears he is using A1.

Seen some user claiming his unit can update to latest firmware without issue since he bought it few years ago.

Suspect only early batch such as A1-A3 are stable...
omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 07:08 AM   #2499
Arch-Supremacy Member

Please stop your nonsense. This thread is about the ASUS RT-AC88U router. Stay on topic or get out.
Hey excuse me, while you fockers router haywire or cannot work.
Than can anyone explain to me why is it my set got no issue huh?
KNNCB, just trying to help what nonsense huh?

So my set is god send one thus no issue?
Or Asus gave me a special unit izzit?
About a year old already so far no issues nor the 5GHZ drop issues.

Who is the nonsense here?
KNNCB.
Old 14-08-2017, 08:15 AM   #2500
Supremacy Member

RMerlin said he has been using AC88U as his primary router and had not seen this 5G dropping issue. A search on his post appears he is using A1.

Seen some user claiming his unit can update to latest firmware without issue since he bought it few years ago.

Suspect only early batch such as A1-A3 are stable...
True 5Ghz keep dropping with new firmware. The best way is to feedback to ASUS so that they are aware of it.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #2501
Supremacy Member

KNNCB.
ok so from your logic that means if your router no issue, then rest all no issue
if one got issue the rest all got issue too lah is it.

if your router is perfect ok good then GTFO of this thread. we are not technologically impaired like you assume we are, please lah.
Kapish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #2502
Arch-Supremacy Member

Surprising that since some people like myself, my router is working
perfecting fine. You guys instead of asking what I did to my router
to make work, compare my settings and etc.

instead you guys just berate me for being a smart alex.
Same like at school, who likes a top scholar/ace in class.
Newsflash here is not a school/classroom.

I mean wow, you guys so hate me or the fact I am a smart alex.
Anyway the truth is that my router is working fine OK.
Here is a challenge, since you think I am idiot who is bluffing.

I can loan you my router but you need to swap yours for mine.
Do not adjust any settings expect just include the WIFI mac address
since my WIFI is Mac address lock.

Take my unit and use for about a week if it is stable than probably certain settings in my router may need to done on yours.
Again this router may not suits some of your environment thus it is very subjective.

Please stick to the thread, don't come at me please.
This thread is not about me but the router.
Neither the router is not a talking one.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #2503

KNNCB.
You are not the only person in this thread that has a unit with no issues. There are also other users that have reported that they have no issues, such as wacko, murugaratham and bornwild4. I personally have two colleagues that are using the same model router with no issues. So don't think that you are some special snowflake that your preferred god has smiled upon and gifted you with the only working unit on the planet.

Surprising that since some people like myself, my router is working
perfecting fine. You guys instead of asking what I did to my router
to make work, compare my settings and etc.

instead you guys just berate me for being a smart alex.
Same like at school, who likes a top scholar/ace in class.
Newsflash here is not a school/classroom.

I mean wow, you guys so hate me or the fact I am a smart alex.
Anyway the truth is that my router is working fine OK.
Here is a challenge, since you think I am idiot who is bluffing.

I can loan you my router but you need to swap yours for mine.
Do not adjust any settings expect just include the WIFI mac address
since my WIFI is Mac address lock.

Take my unit and use for about a week if it is stable than probably certain settings in my router may need to done on yours.
Again this router may not suits some of your environment thus it is very subjective.

Please stick to the thread, don't come at me please.
This thread is not about me but the router.
Neither the router is not a talking one.
Thank you for your proposition, but nobody is interested in helping you test your Smart Connect enabled and mac address spoofed router. If the solution was so simple as some setting that users can change and the issue magically goes away, someone other than you would've discovered it long ago. Besides, even you yourself cannot guarantee that your router will work in another environment. What makes you think any one of us will even bother with your offer? Why not show us your router configuration settings and let everyone try for themselves to see if it works?

You may have been lucky enough to get one of the few units that work properly. Or your environment somehow enables your unit to function without issue. But neither gives you any knowledge, skill or authority to advise others. You have been proven time and again that you lack the proper skill, knowledge and understanding when it comes to IT. So stop giving advice or suggestions that will only make you a laughing stock.

You claim to want to be helpful, to share and contribute to the community. But the fact of the matter is that you have done none of that. You give useless suggestions and go off topic, and when you get called out for it, you lash out like a wounded dog and act like the victim. This is the very kind of behaviour that makes others feel disgust and irritation from you.
Old 14-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #2504
Arch-Supremacy Member

You are not the only person in this thread that has a unit with no issues. There are also other users that have reported that they have no issues, such as wacko, murugaratham and bornwild4. I personally have two colleagues that are using the same model router with no issues. So don't think that you are some special snowflake that your preferred god has smiled upon and gifted you with the only working unit on the planet.

Thank you for your proposition, but nobody is interested in helping you test your Smart Connect enabled and mac address spoofed router. If the solution was so simple as some setting that users can change and the issue magically goes away, someone other than you would've discovered it long ago. Besides, even you yourself cannot guarantee that your router will work in another environment. What makes you think any one of us will even bother with your offer? Why not show us your router configuration settings and let everyone try for themselves to see if it works?

You may have been lucky enough to get one of the few units that work properly. Or your environment somehow enables your unit to function without issue. But neither gives you any knowledge, skill or authority to advise others. You have been proven time and again that you lack the proper skill, knowledge and understanding when it comes to IT. So stop giving advice or suggestions that will only make you a laughing stock.

You claim to want to be helpful, to share and contribute to the community. But the fact of the matter is that you have done none of that. You give useless suggestions and go off topic, and when you get called out for it, you lash out like a wounded dog and act like the victim. This is the very kind of behaviour that makes others feel disgust and irritation from you.
Yes smarty pants you are always right OK.
Enough of this nonsense, this thread is not about me or you OK.
Please wake up and stop disputing against anything I quote.

Like I always say, don't like my comments simply just ignored.
Old 14-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #2505

Yes smarty pants you are always right OK.
Enough of this nonsense, this thread is not about me or you OK.
Please wake up and stop disputing against anything I quote.

Like I always say, don't like my comments simply just ignored.
I have never made any claim to be always right. I am not a god. However, I do agree with you that this thread is not about either one of us. Which is why I will not stop putting down your baseless suggestions and false advice, as long as you insist on posting them and I happen to take notice. If you are posting quality information, I will not take any action. You are free to take your own advice to ignore me; I highly doubt that from our past interactions.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.