[Maylyn's Preview ~ Networking] ASUS RT-AC68U

Hidetoshi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently using dlink at the first floor with the fibre connection, then powerlink to 2nd floor, and rt-ac68u as router on second floor... only getting 37mbps wifi...

is there a way to change the dlink downstairs to rt-ac68u? will it still work? or must go through dlink for sure? download speed seems low

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi APK and Renfred, the dhcp thing works partially. If i power on the 68u first, follow by the cable modem, i get internet connectivity w/o going through the internet setup page.

Dad accidentally off-ed the AC68U again. Need to go through internet setup again before it can connect. Will try this method and update here!

By the way, did you guys update to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.378.9135)? Mine is still 3.0.0.4.378_4585.

Thanks!

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Dad accidentally off-ed the AC68U again. Need to go through internet setup again before it can connect. Will try this method and update here!

By the way, did you guys update to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.378.9135)? Mine is still 3.0.0.4.378_4585.

Thanks!

Changed the DHCP to Normal. Off both my ONT and router, then on my ONT first to let it boot up, followed by AC68U. Same issue..

However, I turned off the AC68U and on it again (ONT was on all the way), and internet connection works immediately. Weird..

And to quote my previous post : By the way, did you guys update to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.378.9135)? Mine is still 3.0.0.4.378_4585.

Thanks all!

lucpher

Reaction score
Yes, using 9135

Changed the DHCP to Normal. Off both my ONT and router, then on my ONT first to let it boot up, followed by AC68U. Same issue..

However, I turned off the AC68U and on it again (ONT was on all the way), and internet connection works immediately. Weird..

And to quote my previous post : By the way, did you guys update to the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.378.9135)? Mine is still 3.0.0.4.378_4585.

Thanks all!

mikecjw

Reaction score
No luck on upgrading to latest firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135, keep giving blank page after login to router and some other issue on the new dashboard.

So loaded firmware 3.0.0.4.378.8258, no issue at all.

Seem like 3.0.0.4.378.9135 quite buggy still. Thanks

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it? I already updated. But I'm using as Ap mode. So far Ok.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
No luck on upgrading to latest firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135, keep giving blank page after login to router and some other issue on the new dashboard.

So loaded firmware 3.0.0.4.378.8258, no issue at all.

Seem like 3.0.0.4.378.9135 quite buggy still. Thanks

Dear mikecjw,

Did you try after update to the latest and select factory default setting?

Best regard,
JK

mikecjw

Reaction score
Dear mikecjw,

Did you try after update to the latest and select factory default setting?

Best regard,
JK

Hi JK,

Hard & Soft reset tired, always the first login is fine, subsequent login then give blank screen.
The timezone also faulty after I select Singapore.

Hope this help.
Thanks

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi JK,

Hard & Soft reset tired, always the first login is fine, subsequent login then give blank screen.
The timezone also faulty after I select Singapore.

Hope this help.
Thanks

Dear mikecjw,

We will resolve this for next beta firmware.

Best regard,
JK

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
ASUS Router is a revolution app to manage your home network.
Supported router: (Firmware version later than 3.0.0.4.378.9135) RT-AC5300, RT-AC3100, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3200, RT-AC87U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC56U, RT-AC66U, RT-N66U

ASUS Router is a revolution app to make it very easy to manage your home network.

Router Monitoring and Management
- CPU and RAM monitoring
- Real-time traffic monitoring
- Router status checking
- Multi-router management

Client Device Management
- Monitor client device connect to your router
- Change device icon and nickname to identify
- Set bandwidth limits for it
- Block its Internet access if you want

More Features
- Quick Internet Setup
- Game boost
- Share Wi-Fi easily
- Network security scan
- Firmware update
- Router setting backup

More functions coming soon!!!!!

Something about WiFi Eco Mode

AiHome is actually a nice app, not just a gimmicky me-too. I liked what I saw in the beta I received about two months ago.

Eco-Mode is something Asus were going to implement in the firmware as a feature of Keyguard. I don't know however if they dropped the idea of Keyguard, or it's still a work-in-progress. The idea of Keyguard was to have the router do certain things when a specific device is detected on your LAN. For example, it could drop radio power levels when your mobile disappeared from your LAN, and bring them back to max when the phone reappears.

I don't know if they have any plan to implement Eco-Mode with a schedule timer - that could make sense.

Android @ ~> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome

Apple IOS ~> coming soon

Reaction score
Asus ac68u speed

My curent connection :

Singnet Fibre 500mbps

ONT to Asus 68u (firmware :9135 -latest)

From 68u connected to :
1) Printer
2) TPLink 1200 av homeplug
3) empty
4) miotv

I connected a cat5e cable directly from port 3 to my laptop . Did a speed test but only got 300mbps download and 523 mbps upload . Around Same result when i did 3 to 5 times .

I have restarted my fibre modem and router a few times as well same result

Singtel engineer came twice replaced my fibre modem and singtel router .
Have also replaced my asus router .

Is there any setting in the router i missed ?

As a precation that my lan port on my laptop is spoilt i bought a usb to lan adapter to test , its still the same result . What is happening any kind soul can shed some light ?

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313
Security Improvement
- Fixed User-Agent buffer overflow. Special thanks for Hubert's contribution.
- Fixed null ptr dereference in https issue. Special thanks for Anthony's contribution
- Fixed buffer overflow issues.
- Modified brute-force protection mechanism in router login page.
- Fixed malicious site block related issues.

New Feature
Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage route status and client devices and more.
Search ASUS Router in google play or go the following URL
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome
iOS app coming soon.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed httpd crash issue. Special thanks for Merlin's contribution.
- Fixed blank web page when clients number over 100.
- Fixed Network map client list related issues.
- Fixed firmware login issue when connect to router by OpenVPN.
- Add reboot scheduler in Administration --> System
- Fixed warning page showing issue when only enable the HTTPS authentication.
- Fixed the slow UI issue when enabled Bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed repeated mDNSNetMonitor message in system log when there is a Apple TV in LAN.
- Fixed IPv6 firewall UI issue.
- Fixed UI issue when enable monopoly mode in printer setting.

3rd party app supported
Added Cloudcheck router software agent. Cloudcheck agent enables intelligent wifi diagnostics that provides complete visibility into home network performance and offers actionable recommendations for improvements.

To use this new functionality,
1) Download Cloudcheck app from Apple or Google App stores,
2) Make sure ASUS router is connected to Internet,
3) Launch the Cloudcheck app, go to “Smartifi” option in the main menu.
The app will automatically detect the router and activate the service after getting your consent

Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043789313.zip

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My curent connection :

Singnet Fibre 500mbps

ONT to Asus 68u (firmware :9135 -latest)

From 68u connected to :
1) Printer
2) TPLink 1200 av homeplug
3) empty
4) miotv

I connected a cat5e cable directly from port 3 to my laptop . Did a speed test but only got 300mbps download and 523 mbps upload . Around Same result when i did 3 to 5 times .

I have restarted my fibre modem and router a few times as well same result

Singtel engineer came twice replaced my fibre modem and singtel router .
Have also replaced my asus router .

Is there any setting in the router i missed ?

As a precation that my lan port on my laptop is spoilt i bought a usb to lan adapter to test , its still the same result . What is happening any kind soul can shed some light ?

if i were you, the most basic thing to do is use another laptop to verify.

Reaction score
if i were you, the most basic thing to do is use another laptop to verify.

Actually i did , i used a lenovo thinkpad to reverify it was getting the same result as me .

However , when singtel enginners came they were getting 500mbps from the singtel router . But when i plug it in via the Singtel router i was getting 300+ mbps as well . its seems that my laptop is getting a consistent result .

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually i did , i used a lenovo thinkpad to reverify it was getting the same result as me .

However , when singtel enginners came they were getting 500mbps from the singtel router . But when i plug it in via the Singtel router i was getting 300+ mbps as well . its seems that my laptop is getting a consistent result .

but how the singtel engineers get 500mbps leh?

wychong

Reaction score
Was trying out the 9313 firmware on my RT AC68U.

Noticed that with reboot of the router, I occasionally will get disconnected from the Internet. There will be no Wifi service too. I could only get the connection back with a second reboot.

I happen to enable scheduled reboot every day at 0400 HRS.

Any bros out there experience the same thing?

Is this a firmware issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.