[News] Singtel offers 1Gbps Unlimited Fiber for $50 per month until end of February

HWZ Editorial

Bot Administrator: PMs cannot be received by this
Reaction score
Singtel is now offering its 1Gbps Unlimited Fiber for just $50 per month until the end of February. As part of this promotion, Singtel will also offer Linksys' new EA9200 AC3200 tri-band router at a special price.

View full story here...

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Is this worth the hoot guys? Also am I able to upgrade to benefit from this Unlimited Fiber promotion when my 200Mbps FibreBroadband only expires on 18th March 2015?

Edit: Also Singtel website states that promotion ends on 13 February, where did the news that its 28th of February came from? Can't find any source of it

Last edited:

yiptw89

Master Member
Reaction score
Is this worth the hoot guys? Also am I able to upgrade to benefit from this Unlimited Fiber promotion when my 200Mbps FibreBroadband only expires on 18th March 2015?

Edit: Also Singtel website states that promotion ends on 13 February, where did the news that its 28th of February came from? Can't find any source of it

autobahn_02.jpg

Link: https://www.singtelshop.com/unlimited/unlimited.jsf?utm_source=singtel.com&utm_medium=homelanding_page&utm_campaign=UF_SG50

Windowlover

Reaction score

Called SIngtel laiu, end 28th Feb, for those like me who contract ending Mar 15 also can renew... but need to buy router yourself or promotional package.. installation charges for renewal.:s22:

Power Is Scarce

Reaction score
Thanks! Glad to know I can recontract to benefit this promo :D

Also anyone knows which router good to hoot?
Edit: Also previously I was using router - Aztech DSL7000GRV

2u4k5s8.png

Edit: Also installation charges for what? The setup of the Unlimited Fibre Broadband or the router? What's the cost of the charges too? Need to consider some stuffs since money a little tight :(

Last edited:

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
Singtel marketing guys are still not up to par. Those with miotv are just being left out. Bundling services nowadays are just crap.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed
even with mio discount on mobile and 350$ upgrade waive
it stil not cheaper than hub or m1 even get internet and mobile separately since m1 dont have tv blunded.

plus last show
m1 fibre got cheapest fibre at $29
for those no need epic speed

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
I just checked. Installation charge is for opennet. They only install Fiber point and ONT.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently on 200Mbps Fibre entertainment plan, how long to activate 1Gbps if I upgrade today at SingTel shop?

schlep

Reaction score
Those still under contract with the Fibre Entertainment Bunder (300Mbps+MioTV), can we switch our internet plan to this wout incurring any penalty?
I know we need another router for the unlimited plan. Just concerned abt any extra charges.

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It would be better to call up 1688 and ask about this......

Those still under contract with the Fibre Entertainment Bunder (300Mbps+MioTV), can we switch our internet plan to this wout incurring any penalty?
I know we need another router for the unlimited plan. Just concerned abt any extra charges.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This 1Gbps plan has no Mio Tv. You need to complete 21 mths of your contract in order to upgrade to 1Gbps. For this plan, the bandwidth can suddenly drop down to < 600Mbps. Quite disappointing. Some more, the router is not free while M1 is giving out ASUS AC router.

see this:

https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/BUNDLES%20AND%20PROMOTIONS/Promotions/FBB%20Promotion/1000mbps_49dollars_0mths

Last edited:

WWE_Fan

Reaction score

When will your contract end? If 21st month onwards, no penalty.
Going from entertainment to unlimited is considered a downgrade, because you go from 3in1 to 2in1 (no tv service). You will lose annual mobile upgrade, multiline discount and singnet email. Also got one time of $50+.

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

schlep

Reaction score
When will your contract end? If 21st month onwards, no penalty.
Going from entertainment to unlimited is considered a downgrade, because you go from 3in1 to 2in1 (no tv service). You will lose annual mobile upgrade, multiline discount and singnet email. Also got one time of $50+.
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping to go from 300 Mbps + MioTV bundle to a Unlimited Plan and MioTV as separate subscriptions. I guess I have to wait till next year then.

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping to go from 300 Mbps + MioTV bundle to a Unlimited Plan and MioTV as separate subscriptions. I guess I have to wait till next year then.

Oh ya, another thing - when your tv service is not part of bundle, you will lose the $20 Rebate on value combo, super and gold packs.

Windowlover

Reaction score
It is worth a upgrade as currently 200mbps with ipad and laptop. If upgrade to this plan, I found the connection is faster than my equipment.:):):)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.