[NEWS] Singtel to shut down ageing ADSL network in April 2018

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Singtel issued the ONR, does it mean I connect the LAN cable from the STB to the ONR if I have Singtel TV and not to the router? :s11:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
If Singtel issued the ONR, does it mean I connect the LAN cable from the STB to the ONR if I have Singtel TV and not to the router? :s11:
Hi amazingone,

We advise our customers to connect the STB to ONR via LAN.

However, it is also ok to connect the STB to the router via LAN.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi amazingone,

We advise our customers to connect the STB to ONR via LAN.

However, it is also ok to connect the STB to the router via LAN.
Oh so both connections will work.

If I were to use a 3rd party router, then I can only connect to ONR for Singtel TV right?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s right, generally.

Reason being onr has all 4 ports provisioned with internet and SingTel tv connections. For most 3rd party routers like ASUS only can provision either SingTel tv or internet, mutually exclusive on each port only.

However it’s also possible to overcome with advanced smart switches that tags both connections to make it mutually inclusive..

Oh so both connections will work.

If I were to use a 3rd party router, then I can only connect to ONR for Singtel TV right?

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
now the worst things is i'm still using a p965 socket775 q6600 computer. can support 1gbps speed meh??

acpical

Reaction score
The hotline is impossible to get through. There is an online option to transfer to ST fiber during the call, but the charges are different.

The letter states full waiver of NLT installation charges of about $480 (landed) but the T&C (if done online) requires copayment of $246. Also, it seems that ONR needs to be returned for the 1GBPS & 10 GBPS plans. Nothing about the 300MBPS plan, so I guess the lowest tier plan only has an ONT?

I wouldn't want to pay extra just because I cannot get through the hotline. Has anyone any luck?

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Both my system is socket 775 and quad core. See no reason why yours cannot support 1Gbps.

now the worst things is i'm still using a p965 socket775 q6600 computer. can support 1gbps speed meh??

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not don't want i am broke AF for the last 10+ years

What you meant AF? Can always buy with credit card 0% interest instalments 36 mths. Less than $100/ mth. May be $40 or $50. Average notebook only $1299 to 1699. Basic notebook is less than $1299. Some $899 only.

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you meant AF? Can always buy with credit card 0% interest instalments 36 mths. Less than $100/ mth. May be $40 or $50. Average notebook only $1299 to 1699. Basic notebook is less than $1299. Some $899 only.
AF = Accounting and Finance
May not get credit term or not want to...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.