[Review] ASUS RT-N56U Wireless-N Dual-Band Router - Bringing Sexy Back

tuntun

Reaction score
ASUS%20Router_Update.jpg

Dear all,

We are very proud to announce new firmware update for ASUS Router, it contains significant new features that will improve security and performance.

Download latest ASUS router firmware: Keep up to date

Is it proud to announce or u are fixing for security flaws?...Most importantly, wireless performance must be consistent...I have been tired of OFF/ON router once in a while when all my wireless devices are kicked out by router. I will try with this nw version tonight. I appreciate others feedback after tested with this new version...

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download RT-N56U

Version 3.0.0.4.374.4422

Description ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4422
Security related issues:
1. Fixed lighthttpd vulnerability.
2. Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability (CWE-79).
3. Fixed the authentication bypass (CWW-592).
4. Added notification to help avoid security risks.
5. Fixed network place(samba) and FTP vulnerability.

Improvement:
1. Redesigned the parental control time setting UI.
2. Updated multi language strings.
3. Adjusted FW checking algorithm.
4. Adjusted Time zone detecting algorithm.
5. Improved web UI performance.
File Size
7,82 (MBytes) 2014.02.19 update

maserluv

Reaction score
After update to latest firmware and software for my asus RT-N56U and iphone Asus AiCloud App respectively, I can't connect my iphone Aicloud App to my Usb Harddisk on my router anymore : (

Regards Wayne

zaxediv

Reaction score
Anyone able to get above 100mbps using wireless with this router?

I got a Cisco AE2500 Dual band wireless adapter.
Cannot get above 100mbps using wifi.

warriors

Reaction score
Updated to this firmware but still having the issues whereby wireless connections areexperiencing the following issues

1) Intermittent dropping
2) Slow connections (I have a 200mbps fiber plan but when run speed test, I can never achieve higher than 12mbps.)
3) Connected but will not go to site even though windows show its connected with Internet access.

Its a brand new set and I encounter this problem seems day 1. So disappointed and tried all kinds of way recommended by google search to tweak and resolve such as toggling the chanel bandwidth, number, etc and even flashing custom firmware such as padavan but avail. Even when loading the router configuration page take around 5 secs to load. These problems I encountered happens to all my three notebooks and 1 desktop at home.

Last edited:

sHrike

Reaction score
I think the 5ghz signal is far too weak.going through one wall the signal drop by half.go thru two walls no signal.

sHrike

Reaction score
Anyone able to get above 100mbps using wireless with this router?

I got a Cisco AE2500 Dual band wireless adapter.
Cannot get above 100mbps using wifi.
only with direct line of sight and cannot be more 3 metre away.i can reach 185mbps on 5ghz speedtest.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the 5ghz signal is far too weak.going through one wall the signal drop by half.go thru two walls no signal.
The higher the frequency the lower the penetration. Stick to 2.4Ghz if you plan on going thru more than 1 wall.

sHrike

Reaction score
thought of using back original firmware since there is a update...it was even worst. The signal is so weak already...if I used 2.4Ghz and Auto ...it will jump even to 802.11b. As i have a printer that is 802.11g I need to use auto. There is only option for Auto or N or legacy.

hopeless...will be switching back to padavan.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
bro, from stock to Padavan difficult or not. I'm on singtel what need to setup ah?

Thanks. Got Step by Step bo?

GX

1. download firmware from Padavan
2. go to router UI page (usually 192.168.1.1 in internet browser), upload the 1 that you've downloaded
3. done.

3 steps nia.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
1. download firmware from Padavan
2. go to router UI page (usually 192.168.1.1 in internet browser), upload the 1 that you've downloaded
3. done.

3 steps nia.

just use the current asus UI to upload the new firmware?
if need to default back is use the original asus UI?

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
try it then tell us.

no point for you to ask if you dont have the balls to do it.:s13:

bro, flashing to padavan is not a must.

I need to have a backup plan just in case it c0cks up.

SO my backup plan is possible to revert back to original asus?

Also, the padavan reads my original settings and it will carry over to padavan, or vice versa?

thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.